Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

chocolate

pudding
pops

Pages: 1 ... 3501 3502 [3503] 3504 3505 ... 3524

Author Topic: MSPA Homestuck  (Read 5140783 times)

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
Re: MSPA Homestuck
« Reply #52530 on: April 17, 2016, 04:25:47 pm »

Aw, that reminds me that the weird shit on the Squiddles album never turned into anything.

http://www.mspaintadventures.com/?s=6&p=004748

Aw, that reminds me that the weird shit on the Squiddles album never turned into anything.
The entire Squiddles shit never turned into anything, really. They got sidelined pretty damn hard, for how important they were during the early
Homestuck Acts. We still don't even know what role are they supposed to play in SBURB.

they're the horrorterrors. they whisper things to derse players.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #52531 on: April 17, 2016, 04:58:09 pm »

The entire Squiddles shit never turned into anything, really. They got sidelined pretty damn hard, for how important they were during the early
Homestuck Acts. We still don't even know what role are they supposed to play in SBURB.

well you know that doesn't really explain why they do these things

i mean the comic doesn't explain why skaia is apparently fond of randomly showing future events through clouds, too, but it makes at least some sense considering that skaia is connected with universe-creating and stuff

but horrorterrors are just there, in the furthest ring, which is a place outside of sessions and is also outside of time

just like Green Sun

except Green Sun has an actual backstory to it

while the horrorterrors are just... there, chilling in the void, and, outside of the first few acts of homestuck, which practically revolve around those fuckers and their shenanigans, do nothing of particular importance, except for getting slain like n00bs en masse by LE.

maybe that would actually explain why they seemed to appear much less later on

they all got a severe case of being ded
._.

Gatleos

• Bay Watcher
  • Mournhold... City of Light... City of MAGIC!
    • View Profile
    • Someone Sig This
« Reply #52532 on: April 17, 2016, 05:01:03 pm »

Does it, though?
Think of it like Sim City, except with rival mayors that seek to destroy your citizens by arming legions of homeless people and sending them to attack you.
Quote from: Moonshadow101
it would be funny to see babies spontaneously combust
Gat HQ (Sigtext)
++U+U++ // ,.,.@UUUUUUUU

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #52533 on: April 17, 2016, 05:05:09 pm »

I think the deal with any Furthest Ring things is that they existed from escaping a session at some point. Rose's walkthrough for Sburb was sent out of her session and into the Furthest Ring and so it now exists outside of time. The Green Sun to my memory is the product of LE's creation, his power had to have some juju to store it so he made the Green Sun.

Presumably the Squiddles were at some point in a session, and then they went out to the FR instead of going through to the next universe, or maybe they were the byproduct of another session like a pet or something and abandoned in the finished session and eventually wandered out to the FR.

EDIT: Totally misremembered the Green Sun's creation. It was made when Rose and Dave exploded the Tumor in the FR. Theory of object permanence still holds up.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2016, 05:07:44 pm by frostshotgg »

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #52534 on: April 17, 2016, 05:10:48 pm »

well you know that doesn't really explain why they do these things

This does.

As it turns out, the inscrutable horrors beyond perception are, indeed, inscrutable.

I think asking for an explanation is like asking for an explanation about Sburb except... makes less sense to do so? Sburb having an origin in-story I would not mind at all. The horrorterrors... that feels like subversion for subversion's sake, which Homestuck is fond of sometimes but in this case it would take too much time, which Homestuck is still fond of but did we really need more time taken on that kind of thing?

Does it, though?

http://www.mspaintadventures.com/cascade.php?s=6&p=6009

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #52535 on: April 17, 2016, 05:23:59 pm »

Ah, yes. How could I forget that? That was a good Homestuck moment.

But still, there were a few things like the squiddle princesses that were put into the album in a very blatantly suspicious way, and they just kind of ended up being empty speculation fuel.

Gatleos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Someone Sig This
« Reply #52536 on: April 17, 2016, 05:33:17 pm »

Does it, though?

http://www.mspaintadventures.com/cascade.php?s=6&p=6009

Oh right, it came out of an unexplained bomb inside an unexplained goopy spiky thing. Who put it there, Lord English? How did he put it there? If he created the for his own purposes, does that mean all of the First Guardians exist because of him?

None of this stuff is explained or even hinted at in the whole story, it all just exists because.
Think of it like Sim City, except with rival mayors that seek to destroy your citizens by arming legions of homeless people and sending them to attack you.
Gat HQ (Sigtext)
++U+U++ // ,.,.@UUUUUUUU

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #52537 on: April 17, 2016, 05:43:18 pm »

The Tumor is probably a sburb-created thing, perhaps put into all sessions that will be scratched (since A1 also had one that Meenah used to kill everyone before the scratch happened). This particular tumor created the Green Sun probably for Lord English, yeah.

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #52538 on: April 17, 2016, 05:52:11 pm »

Doc Scratch tricked the kids. Rose asked him what could destroy the Green Sun, he said The Tumor, which may or may not be true. Rose and Dave go out and blow up the Tumor (which spawned in Skaia in the kids session due to them being a null session) out in the far ring, turns out that creates the Green Sun.

Because of causality, the Green Sun always existed because it's in the FR so it's outside of time as it progresses within Sburb.

Presumably, Doc Scratch tricked Rose into creating the Green Sun because it was in his interest, so that he would have First Guardian powers, and by extension LE.

Gatleos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Someone Sig This
« Reply #52539 on: April 17, 2016, 06:06:19 pm »

Yeah, I understand all that about Doc Scratch tricking Rose and The Tumor being inside defective battlefields in sessions that need to be scratched (or it's a good theory about it, at least). But it still doesn't explain what that device inside The Tumor was, who put it there, or what their motivations were.
Gat HQ (Sigtext)
++U+U++ // ,.,.@UUUUUUUU

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #52540 on: April 17, 2016, 06:24:18 pm »

i think all of those questions can be answered with "Lord English".

In fact, remember that Doc Scratch's personality AFAIK is primarily Arquiusprite. This makes him an omniscient robot genius programming wizard. He could've made the device his own damn self.

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #52541 on: April 17, 2016, 06:26:33 pm »

The device inside the tumor is known, it's the two universes, the kids' and the trolls'. You can see the trolls' on the left which still has Jack's Red Miles, the right is presumably the kids', although there are no distinctive markings. The tumor explodes, and starts a reaction between the two universes which ignites the Green Sun. That's why the Green Sun has the mass of their two universes, it's literally what remains of those two universes.

There's 3 guesses in the comic as to why The Tumor exists.
1. Sburb attempts to abort bad sessions, pregnancy metaphors galore. The Tumor is how it does so. Kids can either scratch and get a viable pregnancy or explode and run off with the rest of the universal period.
2. It's a problem specific to the kids' session from whatever random chance changes the exact mechanics between sessions. It's possible that each session has universal genetic mutations so each time the exact constitution of Skaia and such changes and the kids just had bad luck with their mutations.
3. It's literal universe cancer from when Karkat fucked up with Bilious Slick. He missed the one gene, and so he gave the frog cancer. Cancer = Tumor.

Ninjaedit: Actually, for once the answer isn't Lord English, it's universe pregnancy simulator.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #52542 on: April 17, 2016, 06:41:13 pm »

You got the universes backwards. The colors represent the universes' destruction - the kids' because of Jack's Red Miles, and the trolls' because Jack shot and killed Snowman, spilling her weird blue blood.

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #52543 on: April 17, 2016, 06:59:23 pm »

More specifically it's the universe's (theme Colors? Whatever you would call the way the EOA curtains are done, rather than their SBURB color.) The zooming in/out is also a callback to when it was revealed that the trolls created our universe (zooming out of the Trolls into sollux's blue glass, then zooming back in through the red to Earth.
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52544 on: April 17, 2016, 07:04:00 pm »

Way back, Karkat runs Sollux's doomsday reacharound virus or whatever its called. It's written in ~ATH (til death), and contains This(), This().DIE written in red and blue, the same colors of universes A and B, and some code that looks like a LE poolball eye. The text on the roadmap for Cascade, when the tumor blows up and creates the Green Sun has the same This(), This().DIE command on it.

I was onto this in 2011, but a big chunk of the story was missing then, obviously.

It's been pointed out that the Tumor looks sort of like a virus' capsid, implying sollux' virus had something do with its creation... and Karkat was convinced he gave universe B cancer. Possibly a result of running the virus designed to activate when two universes die. Hint, hint.

I can't seem to find the code with the poolball eye, so whatever. I'm not digging through wherever it might have been to check.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.
Pages: 1 ... 3501 3502 [3503] 3504 3505 ... 3524