Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

chocolate

pudding
pops

Pages: 1 ... 3500 3501 [3502] 3503 3504 ... 3524

Author Topic: MSPA Homestuck  (Read 5140787 times)

Cerol Lenslens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: MSPA Homestuck
« Reply #52515 on: April 14, 2016, 10:02:47 pm »

The other factor is Old!Calliope. Her existence also smells of deus ex machina, by virtue of her presence not entirely being explained. How did Calliope gain powers par Lord English, when, i'm sure I forgot, but she wasn't prototyped with a guardian, sprite, another player, an insidious calculating pair of glasses and a guaranteed immortality from everything? How is she able to create a black hole out of nowhere that is equally powerful to that of the green sun, when she isn't basically Lord English? Jade, being prototyped with a guardian, doesn't lose her powers and manages to resize the world back to normal, when the green sun is a constant in all universes?

Old!Calliope was a fully realized Muse of Space. Black Holes are just the compression of matter into such a small space that reaching the escape velocity requires infinite or greater effort, (i.e. light speed or greater) thus creating a perpetual and irresistible collapse. Heck, Jade might very well have been able to do it, but even if she couldn't, I figure Muse as one of the two superclasses probably could. Calliope wasn't as powerful as LE, but she was working well within her sphere of influence.

Furthermore, I suspect a black hole wouldn't need to 'overpower' the Green Sun. The Green Sun was immense. Collapsing into black holes is what immense stars eventually do naturally anyways. Effectively, she was using gravitational judo to use the Green Sun's mass against it.

And as pointed out, Jade's resizing powers are class-related, not from being part First Guardian. Presumably the Green Sun wasn't amplifying her abilities, though I can certainly see why you'd think so - nobody else had aspect powers suited for working on that kind of scale. Even John was stuck within the limits of the planetary atmosphere. (Though he did manage to core Skaia with it, so he's clearly got some oomph.)
"I've got a plan, hear me out on this one... I want to almost murder you."
"Boy, sure wish as Queen of the entire realm I had somebody to help me out with this. Advisor, tutor, anyone who knows what the hell they're looking at really.

Alas, the life of a Queen is a lonely one. Do the things with the whatsit."

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #52516 on: April 14, 2016, 10:14:47 pm »

Calliope appeared to bring in 3 things and combine them. I'd guess they're universes, which would outmass the green sun and help turn it into a black hole.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52517 on: April 14, 2016, 10:29:39 pm »

Well, it doesn't matter to me anymore anyway. I'm still happy that at least some of the kids have their closure finalized. They've been fighting too much.

Of course, with the planned epilogue, and the Caliborn preview, we dont know how much of this ending is actually a psyche-out.

Vriska being the game's cueball is my headcanon now though. She's been for and against the enemies one too many times, and ultimately decks out LE with his own weapon.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #52518 on: April 14, 2016, 10:41:31 pm »

...Caliborn preview?

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52519 on: April 14, 2016, 10:46:49 pm »

Caliborn's homosuck preview of the final battle where he adapted the moniker Lord English out of admiration of Jape's hope powers.

Which we never saw in this iteration. And I don't believe they're going to stop there (aka epilogues) because it leaves the lingering question of which iteration of the 8 kids fought caliborn to transform him into a combo LE?

but we could always say they took the backdoor out of the goddamned loop, in which case we can ask was this all predestined anyway to happen, or is this a unique instance due to retcon powers?
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52520 on: April 15, 2016, 06:38:01 am »

As Sergarr pointed out before Caliborn's masterpiece comes with a disclaimer that's pretty interesting in the light of the ending.
THE TALE MY MASTERPIECE DESCRIBES, IS BASICALLY A SPOILER TO THE ENDING OF THINGS. IT TAKES PLACE IN A FUTURE MOMENT. LONG BEYOND WHEN WE, YOU, OR I HAVE ANY BUSINESS SEEING WHAT HAPPENS.
It lies outside of the narrative of Homestuck, so it never happens on-page.

I think there are some hints about how the timeline works:
EIGHT ASSHOLES SNUGGED UP IN THEIR GOOFY PAJAMAS APPEAR OUT OF NOWHERE, FOR SOME WRESTLING ROYALE WITH YOURS TRULY. THEY ALL STEAL A RIDE WITH THE WIND PRICK'S SNAPPY GHOST MAGIC, TO CATCH ME UNAWARES.
So clearly they all warped in with John's powers.
I CAN TELL THEY ARE PSYCHED ABOUT THIS. LIKE THEY HAVE BEEN PLANNING IT, AND BIDING THEIR TIME, AND NOW THEY THINK THEY ARE STRONG ENOUGH TO OVERTAKE ME, IF ONLY BECAUSE OF THE SURPRISINGNESS OF THEIR AMBUSH. AND MAYBE THEY ARE EVEN RIGHT. MAYBE THEY COULD BEAT ME. THEY HAVE A LOT OF FIGHTING LEVELS AND MAGIC BOONS NOW, JUST LIKE ME. BUT SEE. I DON'T EVEN GIVE THEM THE CHANCE.
That they've been preparing for a long time suggests to me that they enter the new universe, spend some times honing their powers as gods of that universe and then go and attack Caliborn due to the threat he presents.

It doesn't appear in the narrative because the story of Homestuck is a creation myth about how a group of kids created a universe, and this event happens way after that.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #52521 on: April 15, 2016, 04:53:51 pm »

That's... rather well put.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
Re: MSPA [SPOILERS]
« Reply #52522 on: April 15, 2016, 07:15:16 pm »

I think Homestuck might be going for a while...

Reading the first dozen pages is great.

GG SEER OF LIGHT

CG NEW CHARACTER EVIL TWIN OF KIDS MAIN BAD GUY CONFIRM

Edit:
Betty Crocker will be the Other side's Queen.
Hopefully.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2016, 07:27:28 pm by Dorsidwarf »
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
Re: MSPA: Jack Black Homicide Squad
« Reply #52523 on: April 15, 2016, 07:41:24 pm »

Cal is Lord English.

Calling it now.

Farseer indeed.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #52524 on: April 15, 2016, 10:46:26 pm »

Putnam, you should do a video highlighting what people got right here or not. (not serious suggestion)
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52525 on: April 15, 2016, 11:16:11 pm »

What we need is the Final Fanart Dump to end all art dumps.

I remember those.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Gatleos

• Bay Watcher
  • Mournhold... City of Light... City of MAGIC!
    • View Profile
    • Someone Sig This
Re: MSPA [SPOILERS]
« Reply #52526 on: April 16, 2016, 01:59:38 pm »

Think of it like Sim City, except with rival mayors that seek to destroy your citizens by arming legions of homeless people and sending them to attack you.
Quote from: Moonshadow101
it would be funny to see babies spontaneously combust
Gat HQ (Sigtext)
++U+U++ // ,.,.@UUUUUUUU

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
Re: MSPA: Trolls, Taste the Double Rainbow
« Reply #52527 on: April 17, 2016, 03:40:46 pm »

If you want to imagine the future, imagine plump udders, slowly sliding across a mostly human face, forever.

why

This is probbably the best quote so far.
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #52528 on: April 17, 2016, 03:58:52 pm »

Aw, that reminds me that the weird shit on the Squiddles album never turned into anything.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #52529 on: April 17, 2016, 04:09:55 pm »

Aw, that reminds me that the weird shit on the Squiddles album never turned into anything.
The entire Squiddles shit never turned into anything, really. They got sidelined pretty damn hard, for how important they were during the early
Homestuck Acts. We still don't even know what role are they supposed to play in SBURB.
._.
Pages: 1 ... 3500 3501 [3502] 3503 3504 ... 3524