Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

chocolate

pudding
pops

Pages: 1 ... 3360 3361 [3362] 3363 3364 ... 3524

Author Topic: MSPA Homestuck  (Read 5142875 times)

XXXXYYYY

• Bay Watcher
  • Been a long time.
    • View Profile
Re: MSPA Homestuck
« Reply #50415 on: December 05, 2014, 10:05:25 pm »

Dear god there are a lot of pairings. and sites. and fics.
(Why did I do this...)
You also forgot ancestors. You have dancestors, but not ancestors.
I left them out because I already had enough pairings on my plate and was short on time :/. I should find a way to automatically get the number per all the pairings, but eeh. Not doing that again for a while. Programming that is hell, IIRC.

EDIT: I finished the self-pairings up above BTW.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2014, 11:14:51 pm by XXXXYYYY »
Oooooooo. I know. ClF3. That should be a fun surprise.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #50416 on: December 06, 2014, 01:08:57 am »

I always wondered why Rose/Dave outstripped John/Jade 4 to 1.

And yet Roxy/Dave is almost unheard of, despite Dave making several Oedipal remarks about Rose's mom.

NOT that I'm complaining!  Not to be judgmental, but I could never enjoy the incestual ones.  And the Dave/Bro ones really disturb me.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #50417 on: December 06, 2014, 01:14:24 am »

What about the Dave's Bro/Dirk's Bro ones?
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Liber celi

• Bay Watcher
  • council does your hair
    • View Profile
« Reply #50418 on: December 06, 2014, 04:27:24 am »

The yaoi is strong in this fandom (any fandom)

I find it a bit strange though that there is so much interest in Dirk's and Jake's wreck of a doomed relationship. Are those writers that invested in seeing gay people suffer?

« Last Edit: December 06, 2014, 04:31:02 am by Liber celi »

XXXXYYYY

• Bay Watcher
  • Been a long time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50419 on: December 06, 2014, 11:40:13 am »

The yaoi is strong in this fandom (any fandom)

I find it a bit strange though that there is so much interest in Dirk's and Jake's wreck of a doomed relationship. Are those writers that invested in seeing gay people suffer?
I think it's more that it's canon and involves a Strider. The Striders are strangely popular with de fics and the fact that it's one of the few canon relationships just makes it a bit more popular. So yeah.
What about the Dave's Bro/Dirk's Bro ones?
Fiiiiine. There are [42] fics with that pairing.

To back up my reasoning on the guardians with math:
I omitted the guardians because that doubles the amount of characters I have to work with, which leaves me with... 120 pairings to do (or 136 with self-pairings). No. Hell no. Hell fucking no.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2014, 12:34:43 pm by XXXXYYYY »
Oooooooo. I know. ClF3. That should be a fun surprise.

Mageziya

• Bay Watcher
  • OH NO, EVERYTHING'S DEAD!
    • View Profile
    • Derp
« Reply #50420 on: December 06, 2014, 11:50:38 am »

On the subject of shipping, one nice thing about this new timeline is that a certain bird hasn't screwed up the chances of another ship.
Every dwarf, every dwarven man, women, and child, that comes to our forts will die there; it's truly sad when you think about it. And we ask our selves, why? Why do we push forward, knowing this fate, that we are destined for failure? Because, this game grasps the concept of mortality. Some games you can never lose, but we all stop eventually, causing a 'death' to those game's 'worlds'. Dwarf Fortress gives us a definite end, knowing that we will leave that world eventually, and move on to more.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #50421 on: December 06, 2014, 03:56:20 pm »

On the subject of shipping, one nice thing about this new timeline is that a certain bird hasn't screwed up the chances of another ship.

i'm pretty sure jade and davesprite broke up because of davesprite's eternal "nobody deserves bird dave" issues

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #50422 on: December 06, 2014, 04:05:48 pm »

Didn't Davesprite die with Other!John in the alpha timeline though? Didn't the Jade chatting with Callioppe mention that at some point?
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #50423 on: December 06, 2014, 04:06:54 pm »

Yes.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #50424 on: December 06, 2014, 04:18:40 pm »

Which also neatly solves the problem of "doomed people die very fast" which didn't trigger from our apparent stand-point.

Of course now that we know that our view-point was of the doomed time-line all along...
._.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #50425 on: December 06, 2014, 04:19:48 pm »

I'm not quite sure you understand the whole "retjohn" thing, heh.

It's only been a doomed timeline since GAME OVER. Anything before that was only a doomed timeline since A6A6I4.

Also.

JOHN: and anyway, if nothing else, everything that happened brought us here.
JOHN: the stuff we're about to do, whatever it is, wouldn't be possible otherwise.
JOHN: and that feels pretty important, if you ask me!

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #50426 on: December 06, 2014, 04:29:18 pm »

alt!John's LOWAS exploded, and there are reasons to believe it was the alpha!john that died there, seeing as the doomed!john is the ret!john, hence everything after that being a part of a doomed timeline.

Retcon powers doesn't make your timeline automatically alpha, they just allow you to change the alpha timeline without making it doomed outright. They don't have the power to un-doom the timeline directly.
._.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #50427 on: December 06, 2014, 04:30:41 pm »

alt!John's LOWAS exploded, and there are reasons to believe it was the alpha!john that died there, seeing as the doomed!john is the ret!john, hence everything after that being a part of a doomed timeline.

Retcon powers doesn't make your timeline automatically alpha, they just allow you to change the alpha timeline without making it doomed outright. They don't have the power to un-doom the timeline directly.

...What did I say that suggested that GAME OVER was the alpha? I literally only said the opposite.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #50428 on: December 06, 2014, 04:44:19 pm »

You suggested that GAME OVER was the splitting moment between the alpha and doomed timelines. That's most certainly isn't the case, since there's a width of time between the Aranea's incursion and the event of GAME OVER happening.
._.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #50429 on: December 06, 2014, 04:48:25 pm »

Yeah, A6A6I2 was teh start of the doomed timeline, but also A6I2 and beyond have been retjohn'd for the jade/john/davesprite segments and possibly more than just A6A6I2 for Roxy's retcon death.
Pages: 1 ... 3360 3361 [3362] 3363 3364 ... 3524