Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

chocolate

pudding
pops

Pages: 1 ... 3183 3184 [3185] 3186 3187 ... 3524

Author Topic: MSPA Homestuck  (Read 5117316 times)

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
Re: MSPA Homestuck
« Reply #47760 on: August 03, 2013, 09:10:18 pm »

I disagree with Dave's opinion on time travel, but I think he's spot on about not giving a shit about LE.

Mageziya

• Bay Watcher
  • OH NO, EVERYTHING'S DEAD!
    • View Profile
    • Derp
« Reply #47761 on: August 03, 2013, 10:02:48 pm »

So I've been thinking as to what lead to this Grimbark fiasco in the first place. The most direct thing that caused this was the B1 Fall of Prospit. This lead to Dream-Jade's death, which lead to Jadesprite, which lead to Dog-Tier, which ultimately allowed )(IC to control Jade.

Okay, so what caused Prospit's fall? Jack Noir. How? The Black Queen's ring. How did he get the ring, or in other words, why? He refused to wear the Harlequin uniform. What caused the Harlequin uniform to be put in place? John's pre-entry prototype of the Harlequin Doll. How did he get the doll? A gift from Dad-Egbert. Why? Because of John's subconscious Harlequin scribblings on his walls, which lead his dad to believe he had a genuine interest in them. Why did John draw these? Because of his nightmare's caused by Gamzee. Why did Gamzee do this? A combo of sobering up plus the "Miracles" video Dave sent Gamzee. Who gave the video to Dave? Betty Crocker.

In the most absurd loop imaginable, )(IC set in motion the actions that lead to her control of a powerful, part first guardian, space player. All in all, I doubt )(IC had this much foresight. I think it might of been because of an order by L.E. to send Gamzee over the edge so he could start working towards L.E.'s uprising.

However, that is in the past of paradox space, and nothing can change that. And before you say John, keep in mind how drastically different the story would be if these actions had not happened, and how that would affect the current story. It would cause Homestuck to drag on for another 4 years. All we can do is hope the Grimbark fiasco is resolved peacefully in the present. Aww, who am I kidding? Jade is going to die, I don't want it to happen, but it probably will.
Every dwarf, every dwarven man, women, and child, that comes to our forts will die there; it's truly sad when you think about it. And we ask our selves, why? Why do we push forward, knowing this fate, that we are destined for failure? Because, this game grasps the concept of mortality. Some games you can never lose, but we all stop eventually, causing a 'death' to those game's 'worlds'. Dwarf Fortress gives us a definite end, knowing that we will leave that world eventually, and move on to more.

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47762 on: August 03, 2013, 10:15:29 pm »

Why stop at Betty Crocker/HIC? Go one step further, and blame Insane Clown Posse themselves!
It was all their plan to get elected presidents in another universe!

Liber celi

• Bay Watcher
  • council does your hair
    • View Profile
« Reply #47763 on: August 03, 2013, 10:17:41 pm »

I disagree with Dave's opinion on time travel, but I think he's spot on about not giving a shit about LE.
The thing is, the only reason you ever want to time travel in the Homestuck multiverse is because you know already you will time travel.
The smallest misstep will hoist you off the finely woven chain of paradox causality(lcompare Mageziya's observation above as an example) that is the alpha timeline and doom you and your friends to a slow death by cosmical neglect. And these missteps are impossible to avoid anyway much of the time. And if I interprete Terezi's little coin trick when Dave asked her for god tier correctly, all possible timelines exist anyway, wither and die, and are subsequently permakilled.

If time travel really is necessary, Dave will know. No need to take risks.

That being said, there is other timey wimey stuff he definitely should be able to do. But he has no reason to show it off to the enemy. Until now because I would be very upset if WV kicks the pain bucket all the way to hell.

E:
Why stop at Betty Crocker/HIC? Go one step further, and blame Insane Clown Posse themselves!
It was all their plan to get elected presidents in another universe!
I personally blame the rap music!

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #47764 on: August 03, 2013, 10:20:54 pm »

And the Insane Clown Posse was controlled by aliens. And the supreme ruling council of the aliens is the History Channel. And the history channel controls the past, which is an aspect of time, which brings us right back around to Lord English, who is being manipulated by HIC. It's a loop!

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #47765 on: August 03, 2013, 10:22:23 pm »

ICP was inspired by Lord English in Homestuck canon. So look who we're back to, the bastard.

Mageziya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Derp
« Reply #47766 on: August 03, 2013, 10:32:48 pm »

I was initially going to say it was Dave's fault, then I remembered who he got the video from.
Every dwarf, every dwarven man, women, and child, that comes to our forts will die there; it's truly sad when you think about it. And we ask our selves, why? Why do we push forward, knowing this fate, that we are destined for failure? Because, this game grasps the concept of mortality. Some games you can never lose, but we all stop eventually, causing a 'death' to those game's 'worlds'. Dwarf Fortress gives us a definite end, knowing that we will leave that world eventually, and move on to more.

Mageziya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Derp
« Reply #47767 on: August 04, 2013, 12:26:35 pm »

UPDATE
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 04, 2013, 12:31:49 pm by Mageziya »

Liber celi

• Bay Watcher
  • council does your hair
    • View Profile
« Reply #47768 on: August 04, 2013, 12:44:11 pm »

You forgetting it's

I was initially going to say it was Dave's fault, then I remembered who he got the video from.
HIC created her own enslaver. Deep, man, deeeep.

Which leads us back to the question: why does she think now she has a chance against the master of shity loops? What is her actual plan?

Mageziya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Derp
« Reply #47769 on: August 04, 2013, 12:50:50 pm »

You forgetting it's

HIC created her own enslaver. Deep, man, deeeep.

Which leads us back to the question: why does she think now she has a chance against the master of shitty loops? What is her actual plan?

Anyway, I think the reason )(IC thinks she needs Dave is because he's a time player. She thinks she needs someone of equal capability in such complex ability. Here's what everyone forgets, and the characters don't realize. There's another time player. Aradia.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #47770 on: August 04, 2013, 01:00:46 pm »

And Damara, but she and Gamzee seem actually loyal to LE (instead of quasi-loyal like HIC).
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #47771 on: August 04, 2013, 01:02:10 pm »

And Damara, but she and Gamzee seem actually loyal to LE (instead of quasi-loyal like HIC).
A quasiloyal quasiroyal?

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
  • Time for Taako's opinion.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47772 on: August 04, 2013, 01:02:53 pm »

Goddamnit Dave don't be heroic.
My tumblr.
Yeah no I don't haunt here anymore. Peace

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #47773 on: August 04, 2013, 03:22:52 pm »

If Dave has to die to save WV, it will be the most acceptable death in all of Homestuck.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #47774 on: August 04, 2013, 03:28:14 pm »

*Zap* *Catch* *Zap*

I'm calling it now.
Pages: 1 ... 3183 3184 [3185] 3186 3187 ... 3524