Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

chocolate

pudding
pops

Pages: 1 ... 3070 3071 [3072] 3073 3074 ... 3524

Author Topic: MSPA Homestuck  (Read 5116016 times)

Boea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: MSPA Homestuck
« Reply #46065 on: March 21, 2013, 03:35:12 am »

I would make jokes about Dave being the 2%, but there's not enough people left for one guy to be as little as 2%.
Is it because they are dead?

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #46066 on: March 21, 2013, 06:27:35 am »

Anybody else notice that after a lot of resistance, Caliborn usually gives in to Hussies suggestions and goes along with it?
Maybe you should try to be open minded though.
Have you ever considered a relationship with someone?
Maybe you will discover you have never truly experienced joy until you have been in with a dancing elf.

armeggedonCounselor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46067 on: March 21, 2013, 06:40:52 am »

Why does Crowbar get the crowbar? Because he eventually gets the crowbar.

How did I not see this before.

Honestly, with the way this narrative structure constantly loops around to fellate itself, we really should have seen that coming....
Quote from: Stargrasper
It's an incredibly useful technique that will crash the computer if you aren't careful with it.
That really describes any programming.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46068 on: March 21, 2013, 06:43:54 am »

You mean you didn't?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #46069 on: March 21, 2013, 09:45:40 am »

Heart seems more content of individualish
So what does that make most other aspects, anyways, Sufferer didn't have much relationships with anybody.

Except for the unprecedented mother-son relationship with the Dolorosa, the extremely powerful friendship with the Psiionic and the transcendant romance with the Disciple, not to mention that as a Jesus allegory, he's kinda supposed to have a sort of relationship with literally everybody.

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
« Reply #46070 on: March 21, 2013, 02:06:17 pm »

ME LLAMO KARKAT, Y PROBLEMAS (ESTA or ES, not sure, almost certain it's ES though) DE PUTAS

Let's hope that translation went well, though I couldn't find a translation for bitch with the connotation of a person who whines.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46071 on: March 21, 2013, 02:24:13 pm »

Aah shit I read that wrong.

Still, it's son, not es.
And it would be "PROBLEMAS SON PUTAS", no de in there.

EDIT: Oh good I didn't remember that wrong. Doesn't it have connections with prostitution too?

In that case, I re-suggest "ME LLAMO KARKAT Y TENGO PROBLEMAS DE PUTAS"
As far as I know there's no word for "bitch" as in "99 problems and a bitch ain't one".
« Last Edit: March 21, 2013, 03:12:49 pm by Graknorke »
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46072 on: March 21, 2013, 02:26:29 pm »

Keep in mind the differences between Es (fundamental state of being) vs. Esta (temporary/conditional state of being). Also, "Putas" implies naked, as well as being a whore.

Es - "I'm Karkat, and problems are fundamentally female, naked, and sexually liberal"
Esta - "I'm Karkat, and problems are currently being female, naked, and sexually liberal"

EDIT: put a comma after "Me llamo Karkat", or your grammar will get confused. It brokenly implies that if you call him Karkat, you will have problems related to whores. Or possibly if you call Him (unspecified who that is... maybe Hussie, given context?), you will have problematic Karkat-Whores. It's weird.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2013, 02:40:33 pm by Solifuge »

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #46073 on: March 21, 2013, 03:08:14 pm »

You could try mujeres. It's "women" not "bitches", it I suppose it gets the points across, because "putas" really isn't quite what you're going for.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46074 on: March 21, 2013, 03:13:46 pm »

Why do we always end up talking about Spanish?
There isn't even any Spanish dialogue in the comic.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
  • Time for Taako's opinion.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46075 on: March 21, 2013, 03:17:03 pm »

And Spanish is inferior to all other Romantic languages. Italian isn't even as bad as it is.
My tumblr.
Yeah no I don't haunt here anymore. Peace

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #46076 on: March 21, 2013, 03:21:52 pm »

And Spanish is inferior to all other Romantic languages. Italian isn't even as bad as it is.
I assume you're completely removing French from the equation then? I can't think of any language that is so unconnected with its written form. I don't remember learning a "gag here" mark in French class, but there seemed to be one in every other word. bleh speakbleh da blehch. Not to mention you don't actually pronounce the letters on a page. It's like they threw a hat full of letters at a page and left it at that, then said "ok, this mass of random letters you pronounce like this, but this one is like [/i]this[/i]." Not even English is as bad at pronouncing what is written.

Hubris Incalculable

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46077 on: March 21, 2013, 03:46:58 pm »

I assume you're completely removing French from the equation then? I can't think of any language that is so unconnected with its written form. I don't remember learning a "gag here" mark in French class, but there seemed to be one in every other word. bleh speakbleh da blehch. Not to mention you don't actually pronounce the letters on a page. It's like they threw a hat full of letters at a page and left it at that, then said "ok, this mass of random letters you pronounce like this, but this one is like [/i]this[/i]." Not even English is as bad at pronouncing what is written.
Not to mention that it's spoken form sounds like a lot of uvulonasal orcspeak.
Code: (Bay 12 Lower Boards IRC) [Select]
server = irc.darkmyst.net
channel = #bay12lb

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
  • Time for Taako's opinion.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46078 on: March 21, 2013, 03:58:24 pm »

Not to mention that it's spoken form sounds like a lot of uvulonasal orcspeak.
Actually, French is in the middle specifically because of that. Romanian is the best, followed by Portuguese, then Latin. The only other three I can think of are French, Italian, and Spanish.
My tumblr.
Yeah no I don't haunt here anymore. Peace

Boea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46079 on: March 21, 2013, 04:12:39 pm »

I still believe The Sufferer's success is based on his powers over the actualization of the group/family/movement, than any over the individual.

The blood is heritage, and family, and camaraderie, what you share, the heart is your own.
Pages: 1 ... 3070 3071 [3072] 3073 3074 ... 3524