Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

chocolate

pudding
pops

Pages: 1 ... 2882 2883 [2884] 2885 2886 ... 3524

Author Topic: MSPA Homestuck  (Read 5130079 times)

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
Re: MSPA Hotstuck: [S][A6I3]
« Reply #43245 on: December 05, 2012, 11:06:04 am »

I dunno, but the chillax vocals and the whole "sunshine in a bag" thing are very reminiscent of stoned!Gamzee. Your other points still stand, of course.

IIRC, the "sunshine in a bag" in that song doesn't refer to anything illicit; rather, it refers to a bag of gold--not a drug/alcohol reference, but a western reference.

Wikipedia agrees:
The song's chorus includes the line "I've got sunshine in a bag", which is taken from the classic western film The Good, the Bad and the Ugly, in which Clint Eastwood is referring to a saddle bag of gold.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #43246 on: December 05, 2012, 12:11:50 pm »

Roxy was most reluctant to play Sburb because she was convinced it would be playing into the Batterwitch's hands, but nobody listened :/

I can't remember whether the Condesce has vriska mind-control powers, but I'm sure she's about to do *something* to speed up the session.  A superweapon to kill the undead with, or maybe just a huge pile of grist.  I think she wants the session to be successful so she can rule the resulting universe (and feed it to LE, of course).
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43247 on: December 05, 2012, 12:14:12 pm »

Nooo, that's not how she works. Remember how Meenah tried to make her group stronger? I fear for Roxy is the batterwitch does indeed have scorpio powers.

Then again, Hero of Void.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #43248 on: December 05, 2012, 12:40:04 pm »

True, plus the group is really fractured right now.  The Condesce probably wants to take advantage of their teen drama in a sadistic way, leaving them (thinking from her perspective) more cold and efficient.

Also I have a creeping suspicious that Roxy's void powers relied on her alcohol problem... which would be a tragic thing for her to realize.  Maintain her clarity, or hide her friends from the Condesce?  Parallels with Gamzee, too, where it's debatable which personality is more "real".
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43249 on: December 05, 2012, 12:46:30 pm »

Taken from here.

Haha what? Is that real?

Is there context behind it?
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Liber celi

• Bay Watcher
  • council does your hair
    • View Profile
« Reply #43250 on: December 05, 2012, 12:51:56 pm »

Scorpio Powers could only make Roxy sleep... though at any time or place the Condesce can observe her, since HS's psychic powers are Magics.
Still, it was stated that they operate on willpower, and I imagine the millenia of genocide have sandpapered away everything from Condy's character that isn't megalomanic psychopathic willpower. She is a wildcard now.
Honestly, I would have preffered a villain that isn't all imba force again, but doc scratch ate up all the genius puppet master budget.

Indeed, subtlety is not her thing, and the fact that she isn't massacring her subjects right now means she has plans. Evil, egoistical, yet unsubtle plans. Like planting a time bomb in Roxy's brain. That kind of plan.

Also I have a creeping suspicious that Roxy's void powers relied on her alcohol problem...
Calliope's pesterchum couldn't observe her anymore as soon as she was sober. If anything the booze suppressed her aspect (Filling the void in her life, y'know?)
The condesce probably found her by sending Gcat to her planet, to her house, where she was preparing a party with bright banners.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #43251 on: December 05, 2012, 12:57:24 pm »

Taken from here.

Haha what? Is that real?

Is there context behind it?
The photo seems to have been taken as part of some bizarre modern art crap (not to display some kind of objectively correct bias on its worth or anything >_________>). Whether what was written on the board was by the professors mentioned in the article, the artist, or anybody who happened to nearby on the day of the shoot, seems to be unstated, so we'll probably never know. My money, though, is on a student being awesome, with a distant second of a professor with the best quantum physics examples EVER.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

MadocComadrin

• Bay Watcher
  • A mysterious laboratory goblin!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43252 on: December 05, 2012, 02:20:39 pm »

Indeed, subtlety is not her thing, and the fact that she isn't massacring her subjects right now means she has plans. Evil, egoistical, yet unsubtle plans. Like planting a time bomb in Roxy's brain. That kind of plan.
Or maybe a Cotton-post-scratch-condy make out plans...

j/k

Or is it?

Liber celi

• Bay Watcher
  • council does your hair
    • View Profile
« Reply #43254 on: December 05, 2012, 02:54:41 pm »

Or maybe a Cotton-post-scratch-condy make out plans...

j/k

Or is it?

Somebody is shipping it, and all ships are canon.
Hussie said so, somewhere.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #43255 on: December 05, 2012, 03:01:46 pm »

True, plus the group is really fractured right now.  The Condesce probably wants to take advantage of their teen drama in a sadistic way, leaving them (thinking from her perspective) more cold and efficient.

She's like the director of a Disney high school sitcom, but not quite as evil.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43256 on: December 06, 2012, 07:54:13 am »

Update!

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #43257 on: December 06, 2012, 10:17:01 am »

Caliborn?

Huh.

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #43258 on: December 06, 2012, 10:17:42 am »

IDE/THEORY: Jane and Caliborn will bond and become friends through their mutual hatred of Jake. This will become vital in the fight against English.
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #43259 on: December 06, 2012, 10:52:40 am »

Curiouser and curiouser...
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Pages: 1 ... 2882 2883 [2884] 2885 2886 ... 3524