Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

chocolate

pudding
pops

Pages: 1 ... 2880 2881 [2882] 2883 2884 ... 3524

Author Topic: MSPA Homestuck  (Read 5129599 times)

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
Re: MSPA Hotstuck: [S][A6I3]
« Reply #43215 on: December 04, 2012, 04:10:59 pm »

Clint Eastwood is a song about psychic ghosts, rythm, manipulating time, and big changes about to arrive in your happiness levels.

I don't see how it fits Gamzee in the slightest, truth be told.
I think you're reading far too deeply into the actual words of the song, and not taking the overall tone and mood into account. Clint Eastwood is literally Evil Chucklefuck Timeclown: The Song.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43216 on: December 04, 2012, 04:23:55 pm »

You can't exactly ignore the lyrics of a song, they're an integral part of it.

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #43217 on: December 04, 2012, 04:32:09 pm »

Yes, but I'd disagree on the grounds that Lyrics are actually just one factor contributing to the feel of a song, not the whole song itself. That and what Madoc said about how the lyrics for the most part only apply to the Gorillaz themselves.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43218 on: December 04, 2012, 05:05:51 pm »

You can't exactly ignore the lyrics of a song, they're an integral part of it.
I think that vocals detract from the quality of a piece of music. I find people's voices to be un-musical and grating.
If people have to make music interesting by having people talk about stuff over it, then the music isn't very good.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #43219 on: December 04, 2012, 05:16:38 pm »

Did anyone else think it was really weird and inappropriate when Jane told Roxy she liked her better when she was drinking? I mean, she took it back right away, but still.

Not that weird, but definitely inappropriate. She's lashing out at her friend, something that... happens. ):
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43220 on: December 04, 2012, 06:31:50 pm »

Clint Eastwood is a song about psychic ghosts, rythm, manipulating time, and big changes about to arrive in your happiness levels.
I think you're reading far too deeply into the actual words of the song, and not taking the overall tone and mood into account. Clint Eastwood is literally Evil Chucklefuck Timeclown: The Song.

Okay, take the mood and tone into account. It's got all the "awakening" energy of the turnaround that Aradia went through. The beginning music feels ghostly and spooky, but even and flat in a way, and sort of hollow, and it builds in energy towards the middle, with a bright shiny moment of awakening towards the end.

I don't see anything even vaguely gamzee or clown related about it, honestly. Nothing particularly evil, nothing particularly chucklefuck.

Hell, I don't even understand how it's about the Gorillaz themselves any more than any of their songs. I almost feel as if we're talking about different songs.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43221 on: December 04, 2012, 06:34:22 pm »

I dunno, but the chillax vocals and the whole "sunshine in a bag" thing are very reminiscent of stoned!Gamzee. Your other points still stand, of course.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #43222 on: December 04, 2012, 06:50:49 pm »

The music video is a clown rapping in a graveyard full of zombies, so there's the chucklevoodoo.  Sunshine in a bag sounds like both special stardust and soporifics.  The rapping clown uses 100d language like "motherfucker".  Yeah he's a ghost, and there's time scratching, but I can certainly see the song applying to Gamzee.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43223 on: December 04, 2012, 06:54:25 pm »

The music video is a clown rapping in a graveyard full of zombies

Wait, what. It's a rythm/rapper-ghost, and Gamzee doesn't have anything to do with zombies or the undead that we've seen. How the hell is it possible to interpret tshirt, gold chain, and baseball cap covering up what look like dreads as "clown"? o_O

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43224 on: December 04, 2012, 07:01:40 pm »

The only thing I know about the music video is purple gorilla nipples. Yeah I'm fresh out of Brain Bleach, why do you ask?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #43225 on: December 04, 2012, 09:22:55 pm »

Boopdoot.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43226 on: December 04, 2012, 09:23:10 pm »

oh hey look more up- FUCKING NINJA

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #43227 on: December 04, 2012, 10:24:23 pm »

You know, it's always been evident that Dirk was a bit more like Rose than Dave, but these updates really hammered in that Roxy is definitely Dave's mom.
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #43228 on: December 04, 2012, 11:23:34 pm »

She is really Dave-ish when she's sober. They need to have a rap-off.

Asra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43229 on: December 05, 2012, 01:35:05 am »

And the Update continues!
Pages: 1 ... 2880 2881 [2882] 2883 2884 ... 3524