Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

chocolate

pudding
pops

Pages: 1 ... 2816 2817 [2818] 2819 2820 ... 3524

Author Topic: MSPA Homestuck  (Read 5123782 times)

Liber celi

• Bay Watcher
  • council does your hair
    • View Profile
Re: MSPA Hotstuck: [S][A6I3]
« Reply #42255 on: October 26, 2012, 04:42:26 am »

This does make me happy... but then I remember what Homestuck does when I am happy.

I mean, I may have complained (in a whiny and nasal voice) about too much romcom drama in the past, and I will continue to do so, but this was nice. Just straight up romantic development.

I hope we cut to somewhere cliffhanger-y now, not the next slowly building storyline of, say, Dave and the Mayor finding clues of Calliope hiding in the meteor or Damara hitting on a Horrorterror or, ehm,  Jack Noir stabbing his way through Prospit
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #42256 on: October 26, 2012, 05:44:47 am »

Still not a fan of Rose getting into romance via drunken saunter. I can't be the only person who feels this is a bad idea?

This is independent of RosexJohn by the way. I would just as much hate to see her come onto John like this. Only reason Roxy got away with basically this was due to her personality not being pre-established as sorta contrary to this?

I'm happy to hear her concerns for the good of the group, but ehhhhhhhhhh
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #42257 on: October 26, 2012, 06:37:59 am »

Cue falling off of the stairs in 3... 2...

Edit: I'm pretty sure DaveXTerezi was confirmed and has yet to be sunk. That counts as a stable relationship even though we have seen nothing of it, right?
« Last Edit: October 26, 2012, 06:42:35 am by Johnfalcon99977 »
Also known as the Knowlagable, the Forgetful, and/or the Ignored

Please excuse my horrible awful linguistic skills.

Asra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42258 on: October 26, 2012, 07:48:46 am »

This feels too much like Hussie is just setting up pins to be knocked over soon than anything else.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42259 on: October 26, 2012, 08:08:30 am »

Still not a fan of Rose getting into romance via drunken saunter. I can't be the only person who feels this is a bad idea?

Only reason Roxy got away with basically this was due to her personality not being pre-established as sorta contrary to this?

I don't disagree, but I would beg to differ.  Rose's personality long since pre-established was that she dives head-first into terrible decisions with complete confidence that she's smart enough to sidestep the likely consequences.  (Everywhere except interacting with people that is.)  She's wrong as often as not of course, and that makes it dramatic behavior.

The alcohol is a minor issue (see what I did there) and Hussie laid the groundwork for it in the year 1 intermission, with her talking about booze being an acquired taste.  Sometime in the past year, maybe she went stircrazy enough to try drinking.  Since she's still smart as a whip even when smashed it's easy to see how her normal reckless confidence in every aspect of life except interpersonal communication could lead her to doing particularly silly things there.

Anyway, yeah somebody is going to fall down those stairs.  Luckily, breaking your neck in a drunk pratfall is likely neither Heroic nor Just enough to stick, and Kanaya's already dead.  I'm betting Gamzee gets so excited that he falls out of the vent and down the stairs, and Kanaya and Rose don't even notice.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

armeggedonCounselor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42260 on: October 26, 2012, 09:36:57 am »

Also, he was probably extremely hot.
Brb shipping ACxBHMK

I knew somebody was going to latch onto that phrasing, but I couldn't think of a better way to phrase it.
Quote from: Stargrasper
It's an incredibly useful technique that will crash the computer if you aren't careful with it.
That really describes any programming.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #42261 on: October 26, 2012, 09:55:28 am »

Only reason Roxy got away with basically this was due to her personality not being pre-established as sorta contrary to this?

I don't disagree, but I would beg to differ.  Rose's personality long since pre-established was that she dives head-first into terrible decisions with complete confidence that she's smart enough to sidestep the likely consequences.  (Everywhere except interacting with people that is.)  She's wrong as often as not of course, and that makes it dramatic behavior.

The alcohol is a minor issue (see what I did there) and Hussie laid the groundwork for it in the year 1 intermission, with her talking about booze being an acquired taste.  Sometime in the past year, maybe she went stircrazy enough to try drinking.  Since she's still smart as a whip even when smashed it's easy to see how her normal reckless confidence in every aspect of life except interpersonal communication could lead her to doing particularly silly things there.

Anyway, yeah somebody is going to fall down those stairs.  Luckily, breaking your neck in a drunk pratfall is likely neither Heroic nor Just enough to stick, and Kanaya's already dead.  I'm betting Gamzee gets so excited that he falls out of the vent and down the stairs, and Kanaya and Rose don't even notice.
And then he dies and everything they just talked about is completely moot.

HUSSSSSSIIIIIEEEEEE!
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42262 on: October 26, 2012, 10:01:30 am »

Gamzee can't die because he's alive in the future. Or can't die permanently anyway.

UNLESS

He dies, so he can go into the dream bubbles, get his codpiece, and beat everyone else to the new session by cheating his way out of the dream bubble!

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
  • Time for Taako's opinion.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42263 on: October 26, 2012, 10:02:22 am »

Yay!
My tumblr.
Yeah no I don't haunt here anymore. Peace

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #42264 on: October 26, 2012, 10:08:29 am »

This feels too much like Hussie is just setting up pins to be knocked over soon than anything else.

To me it feels like he's setting up some more drama to happen over the final year of the journey.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42265 on: October 26, 2012, 10:25:56 am »

Gamzee can't die because he's alive in the future. Or can't die permanently anyway.

UNLESS

He dies, so he can go into the dream bubbles, get his codpiece, and beat everyone else to the new session by cheating his way out of the dream bubble!
He lacks the ghost eyes.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #42266 on: October 26, 2012, 10:29:48 am »

At this point finding a way around the ghost eyes would not surprise me.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42267 on: October 26, 2012, 10:33:47 am »

Coloured contacts!

Liber celi

• Bay Watcher
  • council does your hair
    • View Profile
« Reply #42268 on: October 26, 2012, 11:12:18 am »

Orange spraypaint and black tatoos!

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #42269 on: October 26, 2012, 11:21:02 am »

Cutting out the eyes of another troll and just kind of shoving them in there!
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.
Pages: 1 ... 2816 2817 [2818] 2819 2820 ... 3524