Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

chocolate

pudding
pops

Pages: 1 ... 2795 2796 [2797] 2798 2799 ... 3524

Author Topic: MSPA Homestuck  (Read 5127185 times)

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
Re: MSPA Hotstuck: [S][A6I3]
« Reply #41940 on: October 20, 2012, 12:07:11 pm »

Yes, it's important to recognize that saying LE is intelligent and/or clever doesn't equate to being a suave, subtle motherfucker (which was Scratch's job).

I don't know what else to call it when he doesn't show his face until it's time for him to destroy the universe. I don't know what else to call it when he stays in the background so much.
Canada.
Shhh! We can't let them know! It isn't time yet!
Eh?

Oh. Sorry.
* Vorthon whacks Karnewarrior with a rolled-up newspaper.

You fool! You almost blew our cover!
Is that recycled paper?

Please don't kill trees, Vorthon, eh?
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Diablous

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:avatar's cuteness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #41941 on: October 20, 2012, 05:47:27 pm »

Update!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Solifuge
A catgirl, whom oft it would please
To dine on a pizza, with cheese,
Thought it was quite fine
To be partly feline,
Excepting the hairballs and fleas.

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
  • Time for Taako's opinion.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41942 on: October 20, 2012, 05:56:57 pm »

For Kankri, the words both and bond throw you off.

For Vriska, it's bait.
My tumblr.
Yeah no I don't haunt here anymore. Peace

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41943 on: October 20, 2012, 06:00:04 pm »

IRREGARDLESS
I just started hating Tavros a bit.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41944 on: October 20, 2012, 06:03:47 pm »

What, just now?

In other words, Vriska is turning into Aranea, except cooler. Also, was Tavros always this annoying to read and I just forgot, or is this a new thing with him?

Cooler, I dunno.  For my money, she's certainly been looking even crazier than she used to in these last few panels.

Now her magnificent death plan is to somehow get the attention of a guy who has absolutely no goal except blowing shit up and except for one person in particular is only interested in large concentrations of people to blow up.  What I don't get, is how she's supposed to use his swath of existential destruction to follow a path somewhere... when the plan is to lead him in the first place.  I guess it's like illuminating a dark hallway full of doors by getting an angry pimping spotlight to chase you.  Oh and make you sure you don't get caught in his massive-ass explosions which destroy the bubble you're in... and dead people aren't supposed to be able to leave a bubble.

So it's as foolproof and not-self-destructive as every other scheme she's come up with.  Damn, I was hoping she'd make it to the finale one way or another.

Heh, 88, that's cute.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #41945 on: October 20, 2012, 06:35:40 pm »

I do not approve of the Tavros hate. He's just being the reasonable guy.

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #41946 on: October 20, 2012, 06:40:41 pm »

He's trying to be the reasonable guy, but has no fucking idea of how to do that without looking like a massive tool.

So, basically, Vriska hit the nail on the head.
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

Diablous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41947 on: October 20, 2012, 06:44:06 pm »

IRREGARDLESS
I just started hating Tavros a bit.

Just now? This isn't the first time he's used that word.

Cooler, I dunno.  For my money, she's certainly been looking even crazier than she used to in these last few panels.

And crazy Vriska is cool and adorable, IMO.

Yeah there have been less dangerous plans, but you got to give her credit for two things. This time she's making sure she has something that can kill the big bad, and she didn't aid the big bad ultra-powerful, supposedly unbeatable enemy just to defeat him this time. Compared to her plans for Jack, this is an improvement.
To be partly feline,

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41948 on: October 20, 2012, 06:47:31 pm »

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41949 on: October 20, 2012, 08:27:24 pm »

Yeah there have been less dangerous plans, but you got to give her credit for two things. This time she's making sure she has something that can kill the big bad, and she didn't aid the big bad ultra-powerful, supposedly unbeatable enemy just to defeat him this time. Compared to her plans for Jack, this is an improvement.

Putting aside that Vriska has no idea what the "something" she's trying to find is, let's look at how this plan compares to her Jack-stunt, just for giggles.  Doesn't aid the unbeatable enemy just to defeat him?  She straight up said the key to defeating this guy who's destroying reality is to let him destroy reality a while longer, until she hopefully finds what she's looking for.

And not just destroy reality no, but make him think he's following what he wants (Calliope), by way of what he also wants just a little bit less (large concentrations of spirits).  Not only does this plan rely on letting the bad guy do exactly what he wants to do (blow reality to shit), but as a kicker it guarantees the destruction of almost all sentience in the universe.  Or just nearly guarantees it, depending on how forthcoming Vriska is about this plan with its bait.

So in other words, it's pretty much exactly like her "plan" with Jack, except this time she's going to get everyone except herself killed on purpose.
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41950 on: October 20, 2012, 08:29:06 pm »

but as a kicker it guarantees the destruction of almost all sentience in the universe.
Not that difficult considering that the universe's already gone.

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41951 on: October 20, 2012, 08:37:32 pm »

but as a kicker it guarantees the destruction of almost all sentience in the universe.
I think he meant reality, or Paradox Space.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41952 on: October 20, 2012, 08:38:14 pm »

At this point, I think we can safely use the term "universe" to mean "all of existence".  Since "the universe as we know it" is apparently a piddly transient little thing encompassed inside a frog inside a bubble floating in an essentially limitless space with a bunch of other bubbles.

When I said the destruction of almost all sentience in the universe, I'm talking about ghosts here.  Because sure, they're already doomed to a monotonous non-life of endlessly reliving their own foibles, but dammit they're still characters.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #41953 on: October 20, 2012, 08:53:46 pm »

"People, I mean people! Not characters, what a silly thing to call them."

I'm sure that's a reference to something or something.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Diablous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41954 on: October 20, 2012, 09:55:34 pm »

Spoiler: Response to Aqizzar (click to show/hide)

Okay, didn't expect that to get so long. TL;DR Vriska made sure Jack's rampage was possible to make herself look awesome, she's just taking advantage of LE's rampage, which she did not cause, in order to make herself look awesome. That makes the plans pretty different IMO.

In retrospect, "aid" wasn't the best word. Maybe "cause" would've been a better choice. Eh, either way, I need to get some sleep soon. I'm probably going to wake up in the morning and this entire post will be incoherent.
To be partly feline,

Pages: 1 ... 2795 2796 [2797] 2798 2799 ... 3524