Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

chocolate

pudding
pops

Pages: 1 ... 2794 2795 [2796] 2797 2798 ... 3524

Author Topic: MSPA Homestuck  (Read 5127145 times)

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
Re: MSPA Hotstuck: [S][A6I3]
« Reply #41925 on: October 19, 2012, 01:12:59 pm »

I think Lord English is really subtle and manipulating, but in the end he's got to come out and fuck some shit up. We've seen his subtlety, his manipulation, his pulling strings from the background. That has encompassed the duration of Earth's and Alternia's histories. Now it's time for him to reap the spoils of his manipulation and he doesn't really need to mess around anymore since he's already made sure that nobody can stop him.

Well, did LE really do any of the subtle manipulation? The closest to that we've seen from him was the uUs' game, everything else has been by people under his employ. LE doesn't scheme, he just blows everything up.

I doubt he was just like "Me mad. You, Condesce. Take over world." He had to do a lot of specific things to foster control on Alternia and Earth (and post-reckoning Alternia with the Felt). He probably intimidated them with brute force and everything, but even if he didn't get in the details he had to have specific ideas about the grand schemes that all his minions were small parts of.

Of course, once he gets his hands dirty he doesn't mess around. Maybe "subtle" was the wrong word.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41926 on: October 19, 2012, 01:37:49 pm »

I think Lord English is really subtle and manipulating, but in the end he's got to come out and fuck some shit up. We've seen his subtlety, his manipulation, his pulling strings from the background. That has encompassed the duration of Earth's and Alternia's histories. Now it's time for him to reap the spoils of his manipulation and he doesn't really need to mess around anymore since he's already made sure that nobody can stop him.

Well, did LE really do any of the subtle manipulation? The closest to that we've seen from him was the uUs' game, everything else has been by people under his employ. LE doesn't scheme, he just blows everything up.

I doubt he was just like "Me mad. You, Condesce. Take over world." He had to do a lot of specific things to foster control on Alternia and Earth (and post-reckoning Alternia with the Felt). He probably intimidated them with brute force and everything, but even if he didn't get in the details he had to have specific ideas about the grand schemes that all his minions were small parts of.

Of course, once he gets his hands dirty he doesn't mess around. Maybe "subtle" was the wrong word.
Well yes, he had a plan for what would happen, but he was hardly involved in it's intricacies and precision. He just gave them sweeping instructions of what had to be done, and the entire Felt thing was done through Scratch, who we can assume would simply use his omniscience to know what he had to know.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41927 on: October 19, 2012, 01:42:37 pm »

LE was never really about subtility though. But that doesn't make a plan that involves manipulating 2/4/more planets across 2/4/more different universes plus at least three different sessions to get to your goal any less impressive.

Of course, time travel, so causality is pretty much effed in the a, and we don't actually know whether he came up with the plan himself or if there's some ontological paradox going on.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #41928 on: October 19, 2012, 07:54:37 pm »

Yes, it's important to recognize that saying LE is intelligent and/or clever doesn't equate to being a suave, subtle motherfucker (which was Scratch's job).
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #41929 on: October 19, 2012, 07:58:30 pm »

Yeah, caliborn has shown himself to be both with his transgendered royalty gambit.

Hubris Incalculable

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41930 on: October 19, 2012, 11:26:29 pm »

I just read this.

Excalibur = Caledfwlch, we knew.

But the name Caledfwlch becomes Excalibur via... Caliburn?

I'm probably late with this, but... Hussie...

* Hubris narrows his eyes.
Code: (Bay 12 Lower Boards IRC) [Select]
server = irc.darkmyst.net
channel = #bay12lb

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #41931 on: October 19, 2012, 11:40:40 pm »

Yes, it's important to recognize that saying LE is intelligent and/or clever doesn't equate to being a suave, subtle motherfucker (which was Scratch's job).

I don't know what else to call it when he doesn't show his face until it's time for him to destroy the universe. I don't know what else to call it when he stays in the background so much.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #41932 on: October 20, 2012, 12:27:35 am »

I don't know what else to call it when he doesn't show his face until it's time for him to destroy the universe. I don't know what else to call it when he stays in the background so much.
Canada.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Hubris Incalculable

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41933 on: October 20, 2012, 01:15:10 am »

Canada.
Shhh! We can't let them know! It isn't time yet!
Code: (Bay 12 Lower Boards IRC) [Select]
server = irc.darkmyst.net
channel = #bay12lb

Alnos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41934 on: October 20, 2012, 02:59:05 am »

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #41935 on: October 20, 2012, 09:52:14 am »

... Huh. Must find way to archive...
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #41936 on: October 20, 2012, 10:06:59 am »

if I understand things right it's hopefully just being moved to http://mspa.booru.org/index.php
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #41937 on: October 20, 2012, 10:11:25 am »

The old archives from the site will be moved to the booru, so all the stuff on the Skaia.net archive will be preserved. I just hope the new site will preserve links to the original sources. And that it will maintain its popularity.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #41938 on: October 20, 2012, 11:58:54 am »

Canada.
Eh?

Oh. Sorry.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41939 on: October 20, 2012, 12:00:57 pm »

Canada.
Eh?

Oh. Sorry.
* Vorthon whacks Karnewarrior with a rolled-up newspaper.

You fool! You almost blew our cover!
Pages: 1 ... 2794 2795 [2796] 2797 2798 ... 3524