Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

chocolate

pudding
pops

Pages: 1 ... 2661 2662 [2663] 2664 2665 ... 3524

Author Topic: MSPA Homestuck  (Read 5143745 times)

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
Re: MSPA Hiatustuck: [S] Dirk: Unite.
« Reply #39930 on: August 01, 2012, 10:49:48 pm »

Considering they've talked about troll language since the trolls were revealed, I'm just assuming there's a separate troll language but Hussie is handwaving it because dealing with it would just be fucking stupid. "Dealing with language barriers when you don't need to" is on my list of the easiest ways you can give a middle finger to your readers.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #39931 on: August 01, 2012, 10:54:21 pm »

man-homestuck-is-going-to-end-soon
Unless of course it becomes a mobius comic-strip.

That animation wasn't bad, aside from one thing. The damned subtitles. They were massive and got in the way of everything, as well as being entirely pointless. They were so distracting I had to cover the bottom half of the video to keep from raging at them.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2012, 10:56:18 pm by alway »

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #39932 on: August 01, 2012, 10:55:07 pm »

Troll teingr komani :P

Liber celi

• Bay Watcher
  • council does your hair
    • View Profile
« Reply #39933 on: August 02, 2012, 02:55:49 pm »

Troll teingr komani :P
Gesundheit?

beautiful program bluh bluh
My jaw just dropped out of its socket LE-style and now I am basically sitting here with my jaw in my lap and lazors are melting my keyboard.
Thank you!

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39934 on: August 02, 2012, 04:36:24 pm »

Derekristow:

I'm on a different computer now, but version 0.8.2 is not working on this one.  When starting the program, it immediately opens a Window that "Tri-Layer Tower Defense has stopped working and needs to close." and doesn't generate an error log.

Any idea what the system and service requirements are?  I might be missing a flash player or some crap.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Derekristow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #39935 on: August 03, 2012, 04:27:33 am »

Tri-Layer Tower Defense
Darn it.  I thought I had gotten rid of all references to that. :P

Any idea what the system and service requirements are?  I might be missing a flash player or some crap.
Hmm.  I don't think I've used anything that needs to be installed other than XNA 3.1, so the best I've got is to check the requirements here.  It says you need at least Windows 7, Vista SP1, or XP SP3, so "wrong operating system" is really my only guess at the moment as to why it might fail like that.

The lack of a crash log might just be because I had no idea what I was doing when I made the crash logger, and didn't account for that kind of crash.

So, this thing still isn't done.  The update that pushes it to 0.9.0 will involve adding more events for a session designer to put on the timeline, as well as some other smaller improvements.  Currently, there is only the "PlayerEntry" event, which controls when the planets float up and turn brighter.  I'd like to add events for a player going godtier, a player moving through one of their gates, the beginning of the Reckoning, the players winning, and a cool animation for the Scratch along with the current cut to black.  I was hoping to get Bay12's input on other events that could be added, as well as any other general improvements you can think of.
So my crundles are staying intact unless they're newly spawned... until they are exposed to anything that isn't at room temperature.  This mostly seems to mean blood, specifically, their own.  Then they go poof very quickly.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39936 on: August 03, 2012, 10:57:57 am »

Finally got a chance to see the last big Flash. Here's what happened, as I understand it:

LE, who is THE BEST AT GAMES, has studied the events of the other sessions, and has learned enough about the game to 'sploit the hell out of it. He knows that, due to his/Calli's unique biology, the game will treat them as two players in one body, releasing their sprites at the same time and causing them to prototype each other in an infinite recursion. There are still 2 sprites, but they're Green and Red mirrors of one another; where LE's sprite is the Red Black Hole devouring the Cherub homeworld's supermassive sun, Calli's sprite has become the Green Sun at the other end; an ever-growing mass of matter, and a source of near-infinite energy and power. Pretty sure it's a metaphore for Calli as creative/a creator, and LE as a destroyer... but that's beside the point. Also beside the point is that LE, with his psychotic Lil'Cal-like chuckle, is the Mirthful Messiah whose coming Gamzee's religion foretold... hence why Gamzee is complicit in his rise to power.

Anyway, LE enters their session, and using some kind of Super Time Power exploit gets enough grist to alchemize all his gear using Calli's sprite itself, the Green Sun. This makes them (and by extension him) infinitely powerful, due to the Green Sun constantly growing from stolen solar mass and infinite recursion. He also goes on to alchemize the First Guardians (via their special ectobiology codes) using the Green Sun, linking their powers to it as well; note that the First Guardians have various flavors of Uber Space powers (Beq teleporting, Doc Scratch's Omniscience, etc.), which are Calli's role's trademark. It's plausible that the Green Sun equipment grants LE access to Calli's powers as well, so he is able to get the best of both worlds, despite not having the role himself.

Despite his gaming competence, LE is clearly pretty unhinged... and judging by how much he's grown, and the head-twitch when he shows up to FIRE HIS LAZOR, he's spent a very long time playing this game. He's sacrificed everything to be able to win at this game, and win harder than anyone else. He personally orchestrated the events that led the Trolls, Alpha Humans, and Beta Humans to this 4th Null Session, all so he can show them up at SBURB. As scary as he may seem, realize that he's akin to that neckbeard who devoted his entire adult life to mastering Ultima Online, and has made it his goal to grief everyone.

Also, he's still bound by the limitations of a game, and most importantly by his biology; Roxy knows his true name, and can wake Calli from inside him at any time. Of course, when a phenomenally-powered Calli wakes up, the kids might have to deal with an evil entirely different than the ubergamer that is LE; a supremely powerful ship-happy fangirl now living in her favorite story... I mean universe... with no living author to stop her from imposing her will on everything. It only makes sense that she's going to be the secret Big Bad.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2012, 11:00:02 am by Solifuge »

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39937 on: August 03, 2012, 11:12:47 am »

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39938 on: August 03, 2012, 11:39:09 am »

Red Black Hole
OXYMORON!
Pedant!

EDIT: How about Red Singularity? Is that less offensive to your sensibilities?

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39939 on: August 03, 2012, 11:41:21 am »

No, I like oxymorons! They're like regular idiots, but containing so much more tasty O2.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #39940 on: August 03, 2012, 11:44:54 am »

Red Black Hole
OXYMORON!
Not entirely; when stuff falls into a black hole, it redshifts to nothing. A black hole in the process of eating a big meal would appear to glow in the infrared from all the material falling into it IIRC.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #39941 on: August 03, 2012, 12:43:01 pm »

In unrelated theories, I predict that by the end of this act, we will see Cherubs ectobiologized from Cal, one of the skulls Jane is carrying, and a member of the Felt.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Kirbypowered

• Bay Watcher
  • Proficient Dabbler
    • View Profile
« Reply #39942 on: August 03, 2012, 01:00:16 pm »

I never thought I'd see this day. The day I caught up with Homestuck updates. I don't really know if I should be happy or sad. I mean, on one side, I get to finally see people's theories and general nonsense about it without constant fear of spoilers, but on the other, I'm used to getting more Homestuck when I want it, or maybe after a few hours, but not after a few weeks.

In any case, I'd love to know more about Cal and why Caliborn dislikes it so much (and I just relalized we didn't exactly get to see much of his side of the room, let alone his Juju). Also pardon me if this stuff's already been brought up before here. I just poked through the last six or so pages of this thread and that is pretty much all the info I've ever gotten related to Homestuck theories ever, so I'm probably a bit of a noob in this regard.
THE WINTER MEN COME DOWN THE VALLEY AND KILL KILL KILL.
I'm voting for the Plaid Acre up next on COLORS AND MEASUREMENTS weekly.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39943 on: August 03, 2012, 01:22:44 pm »

To be honest, I'd be slightly surprised if the very last page DIDN'T link to the first one.

Or knowing hussie, he'd make it link to a version of Homestuck which is almost exactly like Homestuck but with very subtly changes, like some sick twisted New Game+ that fucks with your head.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #39944 on: August 03, 2012, 01:33:53 pm »

To be honest, I'd be slightly surprised if the very last page DIDN'T link to the first one.

Or knowing hussie, he'd make it link to a version of Homestuck which is almost exactly like Homestuck but with very subtly changes, like some sick twisted New Game+ that fucks with your head.
Or a version whose foreshadowing and events change very slightly for each reader based on their IP address, throwing all fan theorizing into disarray. :D

Or at least that's what I would do.
Pages: 1 ... 2661 2662 [2663] 2664 2665 ... 3524