Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

chocolate

pudding
pops

Pages: 1 ... 1904 1905 [1906] 1907 1908 ... 3524

Author Topic: MSPA Homestuck  (Read 5121244 times)

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: MSPA Homestuck: organics only
« Reply #28575 on: August 09, 2011, 10:11:20 pm »

Yup. This of course raises the question what Doc Scratch actually would want Aradiancestor for.

To arrange sloppy makeouts with her descendant

Of course, this is another pivotal key to ensuring his own death.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #28576 on: August 09, 2011, 10:30:02 pm »

Or if this is even Aradia.

Also troll bones confirmed. Weird skull/horn interactions there.

Thank god for troll bones

applesauce machine

• Bay Watcher
  • 2011 Memory Ln.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28577 on: August 09, 2011, 10:42:42 pm »

Why does that cockeyed troll in the second-to-last look so familia-- oh, y'know what, I remember seeing a set of those, each one basically being [Homestuck character] in that-deformed-monstrosity form.
I'm almost certain it was on Deviantart, but I can't be too sure since the only time I run into Deviantart is through various links that happen to turn up whilst Googling. I think the original was called Herpicus Derpicus or something, but I've tried all variations of both of those names and nothing came up. Now it kinda bothers me that I don't know where to find it.

Yup. This of course raises the question what Doc Scratch actually would want Aradiancestor for.
To arrange sloppy makeouts with her descendant
I assume you don't mean that he intends to be involved in said sloppy makeouts since he can't really participate without it being a one-way thing, and he clearly isn't trying to make Aradia(ncestor?) want to do that with him of all people.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 09, 2011, 10:47:35 pm by applesauce machine »
THE GOVERNMENT IS PUTTING BIBLES IN THE WATER SUPPLY.
Sigtext x 20 and avatar gallery

Dragooble

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28578 on: August 09, 2011, 10:53:25 pm »

Pretty sure it's a hologram.
A creature the size of europe can occupy only one tile.

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28579 on: August 09, 2011, 10:57:39 pm »

He has a tiny Hella Jeff inside his head.
That is the only acceptable answer.

armeggedonCounselor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28580 on: August 10, 2011, 12:20:07 am »

Y'know what's kinda bugging me? Why is it that Lord English is considered evil? I mean, yes, he devours universes, but from every indication, he does so at the end of the universe's life. Plus we've seen that the universe is literally living, which means that it must eventually die. Honestly, it's like saying something which preys on dead animals is evil. Because that's exactly what Lord English is. He's just a scavenger, or at worst a predator. I think he's just misconceived by mortals, in the same way death is. He's not evil, but neutral.

Also he is obviously French, because frog legs.
Quote from: Stargrasper
It's an incredibly useful technique that will crash the computer if you aren't careful with it.
That really describes any programming.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #28581 on: August 10, 2011, 12:28:30 am »

So when Doc Scratch told Spades Slick that he's not supposed to kiss the girl, he's supposed to kill her, what gave you the impression that Lord English gets summoned at the universe's natural end?

Demons that kill universes before their natural end = evil.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Veld

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28582 on: August 10, 2011, 12:31:20 am »

Scratch said Lord English was a very evil man at the end of this conversation.

« Last Edit: August 10, 2011, 12:37:15 am by Veld »

armeggedonCounselor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28583 on: August 10, 2011, 12:44:03 am »

I think the question of whether or not killing Snowman makes the end natural is one to ponder. Who is to say that her death causes an unnatural end to the universe? Keep in mind that the troll's universe is undoubtedly much older than ours. After all, we know that they have had movies for long enough that all the creative titles have been used. They've achieved a much higher class of civilization than ours, considering that they have achieved space travel, and possibly FTL travel (though I find it more likely that they are merely able to travel at an extremely high percentage of c.) This indicates that a great deal more time has passed since the beginnings of their species than the beginning of ours, and thus a great deal more time for their planet, and, progressing logically, their universe. Perhaps (metaphorically speaking) their Bilious Slick decided to have kids extremely late in life.

Beyond that, I find Scratch to be a rather... unreliable narrator. He claims that he doesn't lie, but then he does so in a baldfaced manner, before clarifying that it was for the sake of a joke. (Also, he's just kinda an asshole and I don't like him.) I believe he also says that if the revelation of the lie is delayed for long enough, it becomes a prank, which he does extremely rarely. Granted, I can't imagine how "My master is an evil man" could be made into a joke, except maybe in the cosmic sense.

Besides, from Scratch's point of view, LE could be considered evil. After all, Scratch himself must die to summon him, which undoubtedly causes some resentment. He goes along with it because of inevitability, but he's had centuries, maybe even longer, to stew upon that resentment.

Anyway, that's my theory.
It's an incredibly useful technique that will crash the computer if you aren't careful with it.

applesauce machine

• Bay Watcher
  • 2011 Memory Ln.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28584 on: August 10, 2011, 01:06:43 am »

I think the question of whether or not killing Snowman makes the end natural is one to ponder. Who is to say that her death causes an unnatural end to the universe? Keep in mind that the troll's universe is undoubtedly much older than ours. After all, we know [...] and thus a great deal more time for their planet, and, progressing logically, their universe. Perhaps (metaphorically speaking) their Bilious Slick decided to have kids extremely late in life.
It's not natural because LE killing is is like when you see a bug writhing on the ground and stomp on it to put it out of its misery-- the logic behind it is, it was going to die anyway, may as well get it over with, BUT! How did you know it was going to die? Maybe it was just cleaning its wings or something. You put its fate in your hands, or rather, the sole of your shoe, when the actual outcome of what would happen to the bug could have been completely different had you not interfered with it.
Just to make sure I'm clear -- but not to be condescending or anything -- it's "not natural" in the same sense that a gazelle getting hunted and eaten by a tiger isn't a "natural" death.

The difference is that LE likely isn't really doing it to put the universe out of its misery or whatever.

My main point here is, who's to say the universe was going to die anyway? Maybe it was going to stay there forever and ever, or maybe it simply had many, many more eons ahead of it if not for LE.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2011, 01:14:50 am by applesauce machine »
THE GOVERNMENT IS PUTTING BIBLES IN THE WATER SUPPLY.
Sigtext x 20 and avatar gallery

armeggedonCounselor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28585 on: August 10, 2011, 01:12:56 am »

It's not natural because LE killing is is like when you see a bug writhing on the ground and stomp on it to put it out of its misery-- the logic behind it is, it was going to die anyway, may as well get it over with, BUT! How did you know it was going to die? Maybe it was just cleaning its wings or something. You put its fate in your hands, or rather, the sole of your shoe, when the actual outcome of what would happen to the bug could have been completely different had you not interfered with it.

The difference is that LE likely isn't really doing it to put the universe out of its misery or whatever.

My main point here is, who's to say the universe was going to die anyway? Maybe it was going to stay there forever and ever, or maybe it simply had many, many more eons ahead of it if not for LE.

Except that LE is inevitable, in that universe. Even if Slick doesn't kill Snowman, she will still die eventually. Also, is her death what causes the end, or is it just that she dies when the end comes? It's the same as the multiple countdowns we've seen. They are just counting down to the moment. Her life is ticking away to that moment. With weird time shit, cause and effect are very difficult to differentiate.

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28586 on: August 10, 2011, 08:23:49 am »

English is like a vulture.
Sometimes you find a perfectly good corpse ready to be eaten.
Sometimes you have to peck the eyes out first and wait for it to die.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #28587 on: August 10, 2011, 09:28:21 pm »

Alright this has gotten way too involved here. All statistics from the MSPA imageboard.

Quote from: disconcision
boom, here we go, more answers to questions no-one asked. this is the real motherfucker, no 'pairing' bullshit, this is the genuine article, ships and only ships.

methodological notes:

1. these are manually recorded figures based on the shipping tag; a ship is a ship if you tagged it as such.

2. on quadrants: auspitices are not included due to conceptual intractability. these are very few though so whatever. few of these are caliginous, but there are some, mostly the ones you'd except. no attempt is made to distinguish rails from pails... if you labelled it as shipping, it's included.

3. pics including and similar to >>7311, >>2109, >>4065, >>2419 : not included due to conceptual intransigence.

4. some of the included ship depictions are 'unrequited', i.e. looking on, forevver alone. this is at most 1-2 per ship, except for eridan x feferi, where they represent 4 of the 14.

5. genderbends: included as per normal; there aren't that many of these, so i didn't bother to factor them into the *shit breakdown.

6. bloodswaps: the 3 jade x eridan are all jade strider from red dead virgo. they are included because they are tagged with the canon character names.

7. other variations: 3 (ish) of the jade x dave's are jadesprite x davesprites; again, they are included because of the tags.

8. to reiterate: i'm not second-guessing the taggings, or this would just be another shipping opinion piece rather than the HARD-HITTING HARD SCIENTIFIC FACT it most assuredly is.

random observations:

- crackship john x feferi just barely missed the top 15, only 2 pics behind jade x karkat.

- despite being the 4th-most shipped, john has yet to be shipped with seven other characters. dave, rose, sollux, and gamzee follow with 6 empty boxes apiece.

- on the other extreme, karkat is the biggest slut, surprising no-one. he still needs to be shipped with rose, and - surprisingly - tavros. he is joined by fellow libertine feferi, who has 3 unfilled slots (HAHAHA).

- gamzee is the paragon of monogamy.

- there is no shortage of virgin crack ships even among the core 16.

Because somebody just had too much time on their hands.

As do I.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28588 on: August 10, 2011, 09:44:09 pm »

Alright this has gotten way too involved here. All statistics from the MSPA imageboard.

Huh, that got crosslinked elsewhere, and we were online at the same time.  Cool.  Anyway, /co/ had a surprisingly clean thread tonight, when somebody said "fuck all this nasty stupid shit we usually do, let's have a Midnight Crew thread" and everyone was like "fuck yeah".

Spoiler: Everything else. (click to show/hide)

Also, /tg/ had another golden "Let's pretend we're playing Sburb" thread...

This may be accomplished by a cunning time player and judicious use of Skaian Defense Portals, but it's tricky.

If you manage either of those, the order is:

1. Prototype carapace OR dreamself
2. Enter
3. Get friends to prototype a harmless first object
4. Prototype carapace OR dreamself, the opposite of earlier
5. Obtain rings/scepters
6. Get friends to prototype bilious slick, horrorterrors, magic cueballs and first guardian
7. QUICKLY suicide on Quest Bed

If you screw up and prototype anything dangerous early you won't be able to obtain the rings or scepters.
Make sure you get yourself killed quickly after the second prototypings. Do not pussy out.

>become god-tier first guardian universe-frog omnicient ringbearer
>rule the cosmos for all of time.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #28589 on: August 10, 2011, 09:51:26 pm »

The bottom-right two options for that bingo board are basically the same.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO
Pages: 1 ... 1904 1905 [1906] 1907 1908 ... 3524