Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

chocolate

pudding
pops

Pages: 1 ... 416 417 [418] 419 420 ... 3524

Author Topic: MSPA Homestuck  (Read 5123500 times)

Myroc

• Bay Watcher
  • Lurking Skeleton
    • View Profile
Re: MSPA: Water Trolls and Epicsplosions
« Reply #6255 on: August 20, 2010, 04:31:20 pm »

Karkat's tears are red. Blood is the catch-all body fluid for Trolls. That's it. I was fucking right. Yay me.

EDIT: HONK
His tears are delicious!
Flavor!
Karkat's blood definitely tastes like pumpkins.
We all have problems. Some people just have more awesome problems than others.
Getting angry is fun. Getting angry over petty things even better.

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #6256 on: August 20, 2010, 05:45:25 pm »

That makes me wonder though, would the great glub have even effected Aradia?

According to Andrew, the higher the psychic ability, the more a Vast Glub would affect them. The lower castes have a higher chance of being psychically gifted.

Oh, so it's an inversion of what I'd previously speculated. The Glub plays on their sensitivity, meaning that blanks stand a higher chance of survival.

Also that explains why lower-caste Aradia and Sollux have ridiculous psychic powers, while Gamzee, Feferi, and Eridan do not.
Solar Rangers: Suggestion Game in SPAAAAACE
RPG Interest Check Thread
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6257 on: August 20, 2010, 05:58:21 pm »

According to Andrew, the higher the psychic ability, the more a Vast Glub would affect them. The lower castes have a higher chance of being psychically gifted.

Oh, so it's an inversion of what I'd previously speculated. The Glub plays on their sensitivity, meaning that blanks stand a higher chance of survival.

Also that explains why lower-caste Aradia and Sollux have ridiculous psychic powers, while Gamzee, Feferi, and Eridan do not.

I suppose that explains why blue and purple bloods are considered royalty. There might have been glubs in the past of Alternia that created mass extinctions, leaving only the less psychically prone blood colors to rebuild. Since they were the only ones left, it was probably natural to refer to themselves as the most dominant and most royal of the bloods before the more psychic prone bloods reappeared through natural genetic mutation.

This is only wild speculation on my part though.

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #6258 on: August 20, 2010, 06:08:58 pm »

I suppose that explains why blue and purple bloods are considered royalty. There might have been glubs in the past of Alternia that created mass extinctions, leaving only the less psychically prone blood colors to rebuild. Since they were the only ones left, it was probably natural to refer to themselves as the most dominant and most royal of the bloods before the more psychic prone bloods reappeared through natural genetic mutation.

This is only wild speculation on my part though.

That is very sound speculation. Clearly such glubs never never reached Vast proportions in the past, but I imagine that GlubGlub's been a constant threat for all trollkind since she arrived.

In fact, I'm willing to bet that some of the previous Hivequeens have allowed GlubGlub to get just a teensy bit hungry, so as to trim the population of "filth" every now and then.
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6259 on: August 20, 2010, 06:25:22 pm »

That makes a lot of sense, actually. Probably those rulers were slightly bonkers though, as I bet it's difficult to judge just how hungry they are.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #6260 on: August 20, 2010, 06:31:39 pm »

And with that as a base, perhaps candy red blood isn't that strange for troll biology at all. Perhaps rulers just allow a purge to happen around the time that blood color shows up again, either by coincidence or by using it as a marker. Someone in the past might have notied that glubs happen when candy red blooded trolls start being spawned, and thus it got a tabbo status that spread untill no one knew where it came from in the first place.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #6261 on: August 20, 2010, 06:36:12 pm »

If that was true, then Karkat would be looked at as some kind of herald of a coming apocalypse were his blood color known... meaning that he'd have even more reason to keep it a mystery.

Now a moot point, of course, since the glubbiest glub in all troll history has just destroyed their entire empire.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6262 on: August 20, 2010, 07:00:19 pm »

I can't be the first person to think that this throws the whole caste system into question, if only in a practical standpoint.  So the blanks are the only ones left every time a big Glub goes out.  The psychic ones would still be in the best position to rule, because they're fucking psychic.

On the other hand, the prevalence of psychic power is hit-or-miss.  Karkat is (apparently) neutral, Aradia stupidly powerful telekinetic even without the ghost-talking, Tavros' communing ability may just be a result of Skaia's gamelogic fuckery or he's always been the Beast Whisperer, Sollux is crazy powerful telekinetic but he's also a mutant, and the only other psychic from there is mind-reading-and-writing Vriska way up at cerulean.  Mind powerz trend "low", but it's not hard coded.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6263 on: August 20, 2010, 07:10:40 pm »

Actually Aqizzar, it's probably just through a practicality that blue and purple bloods are the only ones allowed to rule. I suppose society wouldn't be very stable if, at any point, the president and the entire house and senate could be killed by an Eldritch Abomination.

So what I'm trying to say, that in the event of a Glub, atleast the government doesn't completely collapse and society wouldn't TOTALLY fall into disorder.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6264 on: August 20, 2010, 07:16:17 pm »

So what I'm trying to say, that in the event of a Glub, atleast the government doesn't completely collapse and society wouldn't TOTALLY fall into disorder.

I assumed that Glubs of any significance were extraordinarily rare and legendary events.  I find it a little difficult to believe that a species that risks losing a significant chunk of their population with any regularity would have a hard time achieving any kind of civilization at all.

And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #6265 on: August 20, 2010, 07:17:13 pm »

Remember, all the trolls hate the caste system with a passion, but follow it without reason anyway. It may very well be that whomever set it up did so to preserve the nobility for all time, because the glub wouldn't kill them at first. Over time, the meaning behind the system could have just been lost.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #6266 on: August 20, 2010, 07:18:27 pm »

Remember, all the trolls hate the caste system with a passion, but follow it without reason anyway. It may very well be that whomever set it up did so to preserve the nobility for all time, because the glub wouldn't kill them at first. Over time, the meaning behind the system could have just been lost.

What.

No they don't. The adults probably do, but all of the kids except for Equius and Eridan could probably give less than half a load about the caste system.

EDIT: Okay, I just noticed that even Terezi didn't know that Aradia was killed, even while she was in the Medium. I think no one knew, they just probably think that Vriska mind raped Aradia to the point of not caring about anything anymore and liking to break stuff. So the only ones who know Aradia was killed are Vriska and Aradia and possibly Equius, but the rest know that Vriska did something to her.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2010, 07:21:57 pm by Josephus »

Qmarx

• Bay Watcher
  • "?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #6267 on: August 20, 2010, 07:37:10 pm »

Karkat's tears are red. Blood is the catch-all body fluid for Trolls. That's it. I was fucking right. Yay me.

EDIT: HONK

Odds of genetic material being created by prankwars-induced sobs are increasing.

The zoom out just clinched the next plot point, though.  Gamzee will just use those dragonballs to wish him back.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2010, 07:38:41 pm by Qmarx »

Benevolence

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #6268 on: August 20, 2010, 07:39:23 pm »

Jack now continues to display he is a wonderfully sensitive and sympathetic person in the most appropriate fashion possible for the character.

Well, appropriate for the character, at least.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #6269 on: August 20, 2010, 07:39:51 pm »

Hmm. Looks like this isn't Kanaya's land like I thought, but Gamzee's land.

"Karkat, get a hold of yourself!"
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.
Pages: 1 ... 416 417 [418] 419 420 ... 3524