Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

chocolate

pudding
pops

Pages: 1 ... 365 366 [367] 368 369 ... 3524

Author Topic: MSPA Homestuck  (Read 5118627 times)

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
Re: MSPA: CJ1145 Has Never Watched Gurren Lagann D:
« Reply #5490 on: August 13, 2010, 10:52:10 am »

What I don't understand is why it's apparently necessary to prototype the Kernel before meddling with your entry object and crossing into the Medium.  John's jestersprite didn't do a damn thing for him before or after the entry.
Remember the eternal chess game with just the two kings on the 3x3 board?

Presumably, there's a reason for everybody afterwards.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5491 on: August 13, 2010, 10:58:35 am »

What I don't understand is why it's apparently necessary to prototype the Kernel before meddling with your entry object and crossing into the Medium.  John's jestersprite didn't do a damn thing for him before or after the entry.
Remember the eternal chess game with just the two kings on the 3x3 board?

Yeah, but it turned into an unprototyped pseudo-chess game, then gained the Harlequin qualities.  Never is it explained why a non-prototyped Kernal can't split and leave the game unqualified.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
Re: MSPA: CJ1145 Has Never Watched Gurren Lagann And Aqizzar Hasn't Finished
« Reply #5492 on: August 13, 2010, 11:02:52 am »

Because then Skaia would be a 3x3 chess board with nothing interesting to do?
Solar Rangers: Suggestion Game in SPAAAAACE
RPG Interest Check Thread
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

Qmarx

• Bay Watcher
  • "?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #5493 on: August 13, 2010, 11:03:33 am »

What aspect of Dave did the ring take on? Isn't it supposed to gain abilities/features from everything the kernelsprite is prototyped with? Why isn't Jack wearing shades right now, eh? Maybe thats where his sword wielding skills come from? But he's shown to be good with blades before putting the ring on so...

If you go all the way back to when John entered the Medium, the Kernel splits upon entering, taking with it the prototyping it had at the time.  After that, a second prototyping is unnecessary but possible, and will only effect the sprite itself.  And if you don't think that was an explanation Hussie pulled out of his ass to make Davesprite without making Dave-everything, welcome to the comic.
Um, we've known this since nannasprite.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5494 on: August 13, 2010, 11:06:42 am »

Because then Skaia would be a 3x3 chess board with nothing interesting to do?

No no, it gains more dimensions with each prototyping no matter what.  It just takes on extra qualities in the process.  Presumably, a non-prototyped Kernel would impart no qualities, and you'd have the same amplified chess game with no special character.  But for some reason, that's just not allowed.

Also raises the question - if three prototypings turned the kids' version of Skaia from a chessboard into that Battlefield, what in God's name must the Trolls' version of Skaia look like with twelve of them prototyping stuff?
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5495 on: August 13, 2010, 11:10:07 am »

If I remember correctly, the trolls all agreed to prototype their kernels only once, so that they would not help their enemies.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #5496 on: August 13, 2010, 11:10:18 am »

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #5497 on: August 13, 2010, 11:16:26 am »

The pic is win, man.

If I remember correctly, the trolls all agreed to prototype their kernels only once, so that they would not help their enemies.

Considering they all prototyped their Lusii, it's a very good thing they all have abnormal powers. Because, holy shit, giant spider underlings would just be bad.
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #5498 on: August 13, 2010, 11:20:15 am »

Also raises the question - if three prototypings turned the kids' version of Skaia from a chessboard into that Battlefield, what in God's name must the Trolls' version of Skaia look like with twelve of them prototyping stuff?
Double Mobius Reacharound.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5499 on: August 13, 2010, 11:22:49 am »

To clarify the prototyping thing, I'm talking about dimensions.  The stock Battlefield at the center of Skaia is a 3x3 chessboard with two kings in eternal stalemate.  John's entry turned it into a kinda-normal chessboard with a full set of pieces (and then some).  Rose's entry turned the Battlefield into a huge cube-thing.  Dave's entry turned it into an actual planet, with inhabitants and terrain to fight over.  Each entry adds another dimension to the "board".

What Jade's entry will turn it into is hard to imagine.  What the full twelve entries of the Trolls must have done to the Battlefield is mind-blowing to postulate.  Unless the Battlefield has a predetermined final form, and it's evolution is parceled out between however many players there are.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5500 on: August 13, 2010, 11:28:54 am »

Unless I'm missing somthing, only a kernal that's been prototyped twice will change the battlefield. The trolls all only prototyped once, and so their battlefield was still the eternal stalemate. Perhaps that's how they won.
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #5501 on: August 13, 2010, 11:31:08 am »

Check again. I forget the video, but the prototypings that change the battlefield are Jestersprite, Jaspersprite, and Crowsprite.

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #5502 on: August 13, 2010, 11:32:58 am »

What would happen if Jade prototyped her sprite with Greth... Gareth... Gobelcoque... the dog thing. Would that fuck up Lord English's plan in any way?
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #5503 on: August 13, 2010, 11:34:31 am »

What would happen if Jade prototyped her sprite with Greth... Gareth... Gobelcoque... the dog thing. Would that fuck up Lord English's plan in any way?

All the kids would die fighting imps with Becquerel's powers, is what would happen.

Anyway I figure Act 6 will open with a timeskip, so that Jade's manner of entry into the medium is left up to speculation. Because it's more fun that way.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5504 on: August 13, 2010, 11:36:42 am »

Given Bec's power, I doubt Jade could make that happen. She can trick him, but this is an extradimentional dog that lets Jade shoot at him for fun. I think she'll prototype one of the squiggles and somthing else.
No Gods, No Masters.
Pages: 1 ... 365 366 [367] 368 369 ... 3524