Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

chocolate

pudding
pops

Pages: 1 ... 529 530 [531] 532 533 ... 3524

Author Topic: MSPA Homestuck  (Read 5121817 times)

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire
Re: MSPA: There Could Be An Update RIGHT NOW
« Reply #7950 on: September 08, 2010, 07:07:30 pm »

From what I can see, Terezi saw Vriska getting hurt as a punishment for stealing that cue ball thing.

Bandages

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7951 on: September 08, 2010, 07:08:20 pm »

How can you call Vriska weak when she was cornering DOC SCRATCH? A being who exists outside the realm of reality.

The only reason she lost was because her friend backstabbed her.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2010, 07:32:20 pm by Bandages »

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #7952 on: September 08, 2010, 07:08:59 pm »

Doc Scratch. And that's Lord English who lives outside reality. Doc Scratch lives on their moon.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2010, 07:12:05 pm by Josephus »
Solar Rangers: Suggestion Game in SPAAAAACE
RPG Interest Check Thread
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

Soadreqm

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm okay with this. I'm okay with a lot of things.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7953 on: September 08, 2010, 07:11:26 pm »

Chat threats are rather big to Trolls. You don't think Karkat would do half the things he boasts of right?

And again, the series of events that lead to her face and arm being blown off never included Terezi planning on her death. She just told Mr. Scratch that she had the white orb. It was up to him to decide her fate. Granted we didn't see all of the conversation between them, but unlike Vriska who deliberately planned on how others were going to die Terezi just loosed a monster with no idea what was going to happen other than Vriska paying for crippling her friend and killing another.

No, I'd say that Terezi knew full well that Doc Scratch was going to get some vengeance on Vriska. I think this is the case because she says this multiple times that this is her motivation for tipping him off about the cue ball. It could of course be that Terezi is a stinking liar, much as it could be that the NARRATOR is lying and Vriska never killed anyone. In reality, her lusus was really tiny and only ate insects. And Tavros fell off a cliff on her own. And Aradia was killed by the ghosts. And Doc Scratch was only a projection of Terezi's god complex.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7954 on: September 08, 2010, 07:14:25 pm »

And again, the series of events that lead to her face and arm being blown off never included Terezi planning on her death. She just told Mr. Scratch that she had the white orb. It was up to him to decide her fate.

No, I'd say that Terezi knew full well that Doc Scratch was going to get some vengeance on Vriska.

It was called "Orchestrate demise of the wicked.", by the way.  This is Terezi we're talking about, who knows what she thought would happen.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #7955 on: September 08, 2010, 07:15:26 pm »

Chat threats are rather big to Trolls. You don't think Karkat would do half the things he boasts of right?

And again, the series of events that lead to her face and arm being blown off never included Terezi planning on her death. She just told Mr. Scratch that she had the white orb. It was up to him to decide her fate. Granted we didn't see all of the conversation between them, but unlike Vriska who deliberately planned on how others were going to die Terezi just loosed a monster with no idea what was going to happen other than Vriska paying for crippling her friend and killing another.

Does eye for an eye sound about right for the kind of justice Terezi believes in?

It was always Terezi's intention to kill Vriska. Vriska got lucky and survived.

Terezi knew what she was doing. She's a master manipulator; Doc Scratch was just a tool in her scheme. Don't put the onus of injuring Vriska on Doc Scratch.

Also, Karkat wouldn't do half the things he boasts about because he's a dork with a sickle and a big mouth.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #7956 on: September 08, 2010, 07:17:09 pm »

I would take Arch-Conservative justice over Terezi's any day.

Okay, maybe not. She's a Lawful Extremist, though.

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
« Reply #7957 on: September 08, 2010, 07:18:38 pm »

Well I kind of feel like pretentiously pointing out how it was made reasonably clear that Terezi was hoping to kill Vriska in a long-winded post that touches upon all the stuff we've learned about trolls over this arc but even writing this much is making me feel like a colossal asshole so I think I'll leave it like that.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7958 on: September 08, 2010, 07:20:40 pm »

No, I'd say that Terezi knew full well that Doc Scratch was going to get some vengeance on Vriska. I think this is the case because she says this multiple times that this is her motivation for tipping him off about the cue ball.
I don't remember saying she wasn't out for vengeance, but she wasn't out for death. She was out for vengance for killing and crippling two of her friends by giving Dr. Scratch a reason to take vengeance on Vriska. As opposed to telling somebody to kill a friend of yours and throwing another off a cliff with no real control over if the friend is paralyzed or just dies from the fall.

And Bandages, Vriska was too stubborn for Sn0wman to control. Stubborness is sort of a neutral trait, can be a good thing and a bad thing.
 But she is a bigmouth with a tendency of blaming the universe for problems she stirred up and seeks to meddle in the affairs of others for her enjoyment.
 Her hotshotness is just a cover. She is a big ball of spite and self-doubt protecting a stressed unsure core. Her life is a storm of lashing out because of the pressures placed on her by her Lusus and taking the fallout of her unwise and brash actions.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7959 on: September 08, 2010, 07:21:41 pm »

Terezi knew what she was doing. She's a master manipulator; Doc Scratch was just a tool in her scheme. Don't put the onus of injuring Vriska on Doc Scratch.

Let's not let Doc Scratch off the hook either.  All machinations aside, he's a semi-omnipotent being who gets his chuckles playing headgames with little kids, and tried to kill one when he found out she was "cheating".  We all know his part in this story isn't over yet.

Also, Karkat wouldn't do half the things he boasts about because he's a dork with a sickle and a big mouth.

And that is the story of Karkat.  I can't wait to get back to the present.

I don't remember saying she wasn't out for vengeance, but she wasn't out for death.

Orchestrate demise of the wicked.  Maybe it was metaphorical, but still, when she backtraces an otherworldly demon and tells him about Vriska using the guy's tools, how many outcomes could she have expected?
« Last Edit: September 08, 2010, 07:29:06 pm by Aqizzar »
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Bandages

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7960 on: September 08, 2010, 07:35:37 pm »

Her hotshotness is just a cover. She is a big ball of spite and self-doubt protecting a stressed unsure core. Her life is a storm of lashing out because of the pressures placed on her by her Lusus and taking the fallout of her unwise and brash actions.

Sigh...

I guess I just sympathize with her, since my IRL personality is so goddamn similar. In highschool, I would manipulate the "Weaker minded" (read: naive) friends of mine into doing all sorts of bad things. Not illegal. Just... bad. I have a really good grip of psychology, so I would just kinda find one person's most vulnerable point and pick at it until they wound up submitting their free will to

wait this thread is about MSPA. no one gives a shit about my life, here

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7961 on: September 08, 2010, 07:39:54 pm »

I like Vriska cause she's arrogant and selfish, two qualities I think are really great for anti-heroes. I just wish she were more mature and competent to offset her negative qualities.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2010, 07:43:03 pm by JoshuaFH »

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7962 on: September 08, 2010, 07:42:19 pm »

Suffice to say, that's exactly why I pity Vriska.  Not a lot, but there it is.  I don't have more or less favorite characters, they all have their particularities.  I rate them by interest, and Vriska is interesting.

Just remembered this by the way-
AG: I get it. I finally see now. This is your revenge.
AG: You finally did it, Megido. You got me pretty good. Well played.

AA: its n0t revenge
AA: y0u were always supp0sed t0 be 0n the red team
AA: y0ull believe me later
AA: when y0u wake up

AG: What a load of SHIIIIIIIIT. You've 8een plotting your revenge since day one. And I fell for it like a sucker. Can't say I 8lame you.

I guess Aradia did plan to wake Vriska up.  Somewhere along the way that turned into beating the tar out of Vriska, but she's apparently a tough little broad.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7963 on: September 08, 2010, 07:46:21 pm »

I don't see what evil Feferi has done, either.  I mean, she just looks after animals and stuff.

In any case, they all end up on fairly good terms with each other, so I don't imagine any of them are truly evil.  Just... extremely strange.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7964 on: September 08, 2010, 07:47:33 pm »

I'm cool with that sort of sympathy for the character. Hell it's sort of why I like Karkat myself. But I won't stand for justification of her not being a generally evil and unlikeable being, and supporting her when she does despicable things. She needs to go through some form of growing up before I can take her as anything but the second most vile of the trolls. And when she grows up I'll praise her and bring her up on my list for overcoming such a difficult thing to deal with. She could be really cool, and does have many elements that make her cool. She is even interesting as a character already because of her flaws and her weak inside gleaming through sometimes when she is thinking to herself.

But at the moment she is still a terrible being and only the other blueblood can hold a candle to her, and possibly Aradia if I didn't have the theory that this smackdown was somehow part of a plan to wake her up.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2010, 07:49:10 pm by Duke 2.0 »
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO
Pages: 1 ... 529 530 [531] 532 533 ... 3524