Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

chocolate

pudding
pops

Pages: 1 ... 528 529 [530] 531 532 ... 3524

Author Topic: MSPA Homestuck  (Read 5121902 times)

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: MSPA: There Could Be An Update RIGHT NOW
« Reply #7935 on: September 08, 2010, 06:54:42 pm »

I actually had a hard time remembering who John was.  I'd completely forgotten.

Clearly, we need to get back to the kids ASAP.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #7936 on: September 08, 2010, 06:55:12 pm »

I mean for now, she hasn't actually done that yet. Or she already has, but it didn't actually happen because Future Dave stopped it. Forget it. The point is, she hasn't really appeared to do anything bad except for that.

What about trying to kill Vriska?

Or how about helping Vriska kill trolls, so long as they were 'bad'?

Terezi terrifies me a lot more than Vriska.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7937 on: September 08, 2010, 06:55:39 pm »

Terezi seems alright to me too, if a bit crazy.

Also, Karkat is not evil by proxy, he's just stupid. Remember that he's the guy that ran the stupid Double Reacharound virus thing in the first place.

Well, depending on how far you want to bend the interpretations, I'd say that none of the trolls are genuinely bad. Even Vriska, as much as everyone's hating on her for being a bad person, you have to keep in mind that she was raised by a giant spider. This could mean that, from a very young age, she had cunning, ruthlessness, and antisocial behavior pounded into her character. So really, it's just that she doesn't know any other way of interacting with people than raw maliciousness.

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #7938 on: September 08, 2010, 06:57:11 pm »

I mean for now, she hasn't actually done that yet. Or she already has, but it didn't actually happen because Future Dave stopped it. Forget it. The point is, she hasn't really appeared to do anything bad except for that.

The "trying to kill Vriska" was in revenge for Vriska killing Aradia, so that at least makes sense. She's on very questionable moral ground with the whole "helping Vriska kill trolls".

And I agree. She's a lot scarier than Vriska.
Solar Rangers: Suggestion Game in SPAAAAACE
RPG Interest Check Thread
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

Bandages

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7939 on: September 08, 2010, 06:57:45 pm »

Even after getting the shit beaten out of her, she still struggles to get back to her feet. She is proud and powerful. It is well within her rights to feed the weaker trolls to her lusus. Go her.
She gets up because of spite. She isn't proud and powerful, everything she has ever done was either out of spite or in sadistic glee. And power does not give you the right to feed your own kind to a monster.

Troll society =/= human society.

She is a high-born. Not only that but she goes out into the fucking sea which is filled with the most eldritch horrors on the planet to plunder. She takes pleasure out of stealing from the highest-class of trolls. She feeds the weakest to her guardian. Her "sadistic games" are actually just tests to see if the weaker trolls have enough mettle. She was constantly (affectionately) trying to train Tavros into growing a spine. When he refused, she punished him. The worst thing she did after getting her arm and half her face blown off was make her nemisis look into the sun.

She's brilliant and powerful, and she is constantly seeking to improve herself and those she cares about. She is awesome.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7940 on: September 08, 2010, 06:57:57 pm »

She never tried to kill Vriska. She just knew Vriska had something that belonged to Mr. Scratch and her payback was having Scratch take it away. Mr. Scratch tried to kill Vriska. Terezi had no intention of killing.

Terezi is all about justice. I'm rather sure Trolls are a lot more open about culling, so letting 'evil' trolls get fed is rather good for a troll. It's like us letting a big friend of ours restrain some thugs so the police can arrest them.

Terezi terrifies me a lot more than Vriska.
Terezi is, after all, much more capable than Vriska.
And bullshit Bandages. They have already established that the caste system is BS and being high-born just makes you a dick, and possibly biologically less physically capable. She plunders and feeds things to her guardian because she finds it fun and is sort of scared of her guardian. I can understand some sympathy of having to deal with that thing, but whenever she isn't dealing with it she finds joy in the torment of others. And I'm still on the fence on her and Tavros. If he grew a spine I think it was more accidental than any plan on her part. She isn't nearly that clever.
 The worst she did was utterly wreck anything and anything that got in her way. Somebody tries to get back at you for crippling their friend? Kill them. Somebody did something with no intent of blowing half your face off? Cripple them.

She is weak in her self-belief and seeks to fill this void with tormenting others.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2010, 07:02:46 pm by Duke 2.0 »
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7941 on: September 08, 2010, 07:00:00 pm »

She is a high-born. Not only that but she goes out into the fucking sea which is filled with the most eldritch horrors on the planet to plunder. She takes pleasure out of stealing from the highest-class of trolls. She feeds the weakest to her guardian. Her "sadistic games" are actually just tests to see if the weaker trolls have enough mettle. She was constantly (affectionately) trying to train Tavros into growing a spine. When he refused, she punished him. The worst thing she did after getting her arm and half her face blown off was make her nemisis look into the sun.

She's brilliant and powerful, and she is constantly seeking to improve herself and those she cares about. She is awesome.

Emotional and physical abuse can always be justified as self-improvement.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #7942 on: September 08, 2010, 07:00:12 pm »

Even after getting the shit beaten out of her, she still struggles to get back to her feet. She is proud and powerful. It is well within her rights to feed the weaker trolls to her lusus. Go her.
She gets up because of spite. She isn't proud and powerful, everything she has ever done was either out of spite or in sadistic glee. And power does not give you the right to feed your own kind to a monster.

The blistering Alternian sun, which none of them can really withstand.

Also I'm willing to bet that her revenge on Terezi was mitigated by two things: first, she was probably delirious because her arm was blown off, and two, Terezi was (arguably) her friend once.

On the other hand, she considered Aradia a friend and killed the hell out of her for doing less than what Terezi did.
Solar Rangers: Suggestion Game in SPAAAAACE
RPG Interest Check Thread
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

Soadreqm

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm okay with this. I'm okay with a lot of things.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7943 on: September 08, 2010, 07:00:34 pm »

You should stop complaining about who tried to kill who. that's just how trolls discuss things. Just like Vriska was really upset earlier when Aradia didn't have any emotions about her death, but now they're all friends again. Inasmuch they ever were friends.

The troll word for "forgiveness" is exactly the same as the troll word for "vengeance".

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7944 on: September 08, 2010, 07:00:47 pm »

I always wondered what the hell Terezi was trying to accomplish killing John by ramming him into his Denizen far earlier than he should have?

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #7945 on: September 08, 2010, 07:02:22 pm »

She never tried to kill Vriska. She just knew Vriska had something that belonged to Mr. Scratch and her payback was having Scratch take it away. Mr. Scratch tried to kill Vriska. Terezi had no intention of killing.

GC: 1 W4S PROB4BLY JUST GO1NG TO K1LL YOU

Never tried to kill Vriska my ass.

The troll word for "forgiveness" is exactly the same as the troll word for "vengeance".

Your interpretation is entirely acceptable.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7946 on: September 08, 2010, 07:04:38 pm »

I always wondered what the hell Terezi was trying to accomplish killing John by ramming him into his Denizen far earlier than he should have?
She knew she couldn't, so she wanted to know what would happen if she tried. The stable time-loop guaranteed John's survival, so she tried to get him to do something suicidal, knowing he would survive.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Soadreqm

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm okay with this. I'm okay with a lot of things.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7947 on: September 08, 2010, 07:05:23 pm »

My pet theory is that she was trying to stop him from causing the Rift, and the reason the trolls never contacted the kids in the bad timeline is that she was ACTUALLY SUCCESSFUL. Without John and Jade around, the kids were unable to do whatever it was they did, and the trolls unambiguously won their game, and had no reason whatsoever to start trolling a bunch of strangers across time and space. And then Dave reversed time and ruined everything.

It is, of course, incompatible with several of my other theories, but I've learned to stop worrying about that.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7948 on: September 08, 2010, 07:06:12 pm »

Chat threats are rather big to Trolls. You don't think Karkat would do half the things he boasts of right?

And again, the series of events that lead to her face and arm being blown off never included Terezi planning on her death. She just told Mr. Scratch that she had the white orb. It was up to him to decide her fate. Granted we didn't see all of the conversation between them, but unlike Vriska who deliberately planned on how others were going to die Terezi just loosed a monster with no idea what was going to happen other than Vriska paying for crippling her friend and killing another.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7949 on: September 08, 2010, 07:06:46 pm »

I was going to post another response but

Warning - while you were typing 13 new replies have been posted. You may wish to review your post.

"W4A G01NG T0" and "tried" are not the same thing.  If anything that's a remarkable amount of restraint she showed.

You should stop complaining about who tried to kill who.

This is such a great line.  I can just imagine Karkat trying to mediate by shouting this.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.
Pages: 1 ... 528 529 [530] 531 532 ... 3524