Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 48

Author Topic: Beginners Mafia - Game over!  (Read 71976 times)

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
Re: Beginners Mafia - Day 1
« Reply #225 on: August 05, 2009, 01:25:57 am »

I think lynching ToonyMan would be a mistake. He's bumbling and incompetent and incapable of defending himself, but he still seems innocent to me. And if he were guilty, would he suddenly throw up this post, which seems like genuine frustration, just to throw us off? That would be uncharacteristically competent of him.

Anyways, eduren and webadict, along with Free Beer, are the people most suspicious of ToonyMan. In Free Beer's case, I get the impression that he's doing genuine scum hunting. In eduren's case, he voted to lynch ToonyMan immediately after webadict began pointing out flaws in ToonyMan's behavior. This leads me to suspect that both webadict and eduren are scum, and that eduren is taking cues from the more experienced player. Furthermore, eduren stated three times his belief in ToonyMan's guiltiness, which seems two times too many, and his explanation of ToonyMan's guiltiness has not convinced me.

Then we come to webadict. I'm not completely certain webadict is scum, because he's giving me mixed impressions. He could be either a townie trying to help or scum trying to disperse suspicion. I still haven't decided.

Thus, my conclusions are that, unless others decide to remain suspiciously silent, we should lynch eduren.

I can see why people play this game, and why it's so popular. This is really damn fun.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Eduren

• Bay Watcher
  • A new theme!
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: August 05, 2009, 01:32:22 am »

Im sorry if I seem hell bent on Toonyman, but the reason I have stated it multiple times is because I have been asked multiple times.
I don't know.  Duke wants me to stop playing mafia.
That's the sign of an abusive boyfriend, Toony... you don't have to listen to him.

Eduren

• Bay Watcher
  • A new theme!
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: August 05, 2009, 01:36:47 am »

Oh and if you look at the record, I was the first to suspect Toonyman.
That's the sign of an abusive boyfriend, Toony... you don't have to listen to him.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: August 05, 2009, 02:01:18 am »

I'm keeping with dakarian until he finishes getting the same grilling the rest of us had to go through, but otherwise Jim Groovester's proposal seems reasonable enough.

And to ToonyMan, I was wondering if you could explain precisely which behaviors are making you think the rest of us are crazy.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: August 05, 2009, 02:19:35 am »

Well, with much of the discussion happening already, I'm left to analyze what everyone has said so far.  At this point, everyone has chimed into the game.

To be true, there's a lot of messy actions going on.  Toony, as others have noted, is being VERY silly and attracting a lot of attention.  Something tells me, though, that I'd want to focus on others, though.  I'll be blunt: Toony doesn't seem blend in well, which makes him a poor towny but an even worse mafia. 

Thus my attention turns to Eduren. 

Eduren, after this post I'm going to go over the early posts again but if I'm reading this right, you are wrong in that you were the first to suspect Toony.  Blood was the first to FOS toony due to his odd actions while Free Beer was the first to Vote.  You came in afterwards.  In fact, ALL of your accusations came AFTER someone did it first (first to bandwagon Blood, Threw suspicion on Org AFTER org said he was doing homework, which was after he was voted on, then turned to Toony).

You've played this game before (enough to be shocked that we didn't have Night first: many games do a Night first, but not this forum) yet you perform a VERY 'scummish' move of bandwagoning instead of hitting someone random (I had to change my choice twice to keep my first vote random myself :P).  You know enough to know that's scummish but not enough to know to avoid doing it?  After that, you proceed to jump in when the town focuses on each person?  You're playing VERY defensively and it bugs me. 

As such, while my vote on you early on was just random fun, mind if I do a true FoS on you and ask this question?  If you believe Toonyman is scum, just like the town, who do you best suspect is the OTHER scum?  Who's the one that the town hasn't spotted yet, according to your opinion, and why?
Quote from: Dakarian
What was I doing with Mr.Person through most of Day 3, lovemaking!?
I KNEW IT!

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: August 05, 2009, 02:23:23 am »

I'm keeping with dakarian until he finishes getting the same grilling the rest of us had to go through, but otherwise Jim Groovester's proposal seems reasonable enough.

And to ToonyMan, I was wondering if you could explain precisely which behaviors are making you think the rest of us are crazy.

Probably the best I can do for now is to get myself active while I have the time to do it.  I can prove myself by helping the town and letting my actions show my innocence.  After that, you'll either believe me, have questions for me to answer, or find something wrong that will need to be grilled. 
I KNEW IT!

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: August 05, 2009, 02:41:57 am »

I'm satisfied by what you've posted, dakarian. There's still the possibility you're some super duper awesome mafioso who knows exactly how to conceal his deceit, but that seems a bit absurd. And it would be irrelevant for the first lynch anyway, since we need to focus on the most obvious suspects.

Unvote dakarian.

Org, homework or not, you need to speak up. You can start with your thoughts on the webadict/eduren/ToonyMan affair.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Eduren

• Bay Watcher
  • A new theme!
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: August 05, 2009, 03:17:04 am »

As such, while my vote on you early on was just random fun, mind if I do a true FoS on you and ask this question?  If you believe Toonyman is scum, just like the town, who do you best suspect is the OTHER scum?  Who's the one that the town hasn't spotted yet, according to your opinion, and why?

I would have to say one of the people that have been questioning people, but not making their intentions clear. So that could mean possibly FreeBeer, webadict, Vector, or Jim Groovester. "Random scumhunting" could be an effective way too participate yet not reveal anything about yourself.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: August 05, 2009, 05:53:45 am »

You do know you dont have to vote me if you are like:

ZOMG ORG IS ACTING ALL SUZPISCUS. I DOUBT ITS BECAUSE HE IS SLEEPING.

You can fos.

Meh, TOonyman is all suspicious because he plays for teh lulz.

He probably is mafia. Maybe eduren too.

Alexhans

• Bay Watcher
  • This is toodamn shortto write something meaningful
    • View Profile
    • Osteopatia y Neurotonia
« Reply #234 on: August 05, 2009, 06:46:18 am »

The Whiteboard
Org: (1): Jim Groovester
ToonyMan: (2) - Free Beer, eduren
Vector: (1) - webadict
dakarian: (2) - Vector, BloodBeard
eduren: (1) - ToonyMan

Not Voting (2) - Org, dakarian.

------------------------------
Rules question: Can a lynching happen in the middle of the day, or do we have the rest of it to change votes around?
Usually (in mafiascum and other sites) you'll find that once you reach the lynching limit (where the last vote is called a hammer) the day abruptly ends allowing no further discussion. 

Here, it's a bit different as Meph explained.

Also, next time you ask the mod a question you should start with MOD: so he can easyly notice it.

My color from now on, will be blue so you can easyly identify me.

« Last Edit: August 05, 2009, 06:48:11 am by Alexhans »
“Eight years was awesome and I was famous and I was powerful" - George W. Bush.

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: August 05, 2009, 08:34:54 am »

I would have to say one of the people that have been questioning people, but not making their intentions clear. So that could mean possibly FreeBeer, webadict, Vector, or Jim Groovester. "Random scumhunting" could be an effective way too participate yet not reveal anything about yourself.

FREE BEER!?  Random scumhunting!? 

Free Beer did exactly two major moves so far: a randomvote on Web at the very start and, once web posted, started on Toony.  That's about as UNrandom as they come. What's more, my question assumed that you are right in saying that Toony was mafia.  if that's true, Free Beer would be bussing Toony.

But WHY would Free Beer START the bus on Toony?  The only person who noticed he was alive was Blood and he was just FoSing while focusing on you.  The town was looking at mostly at me and org for being silent and you for being awkward.  Yes, Toony started acting VERY off by that time so it might be a "OMG he's going to get caught" then pre-empting things, but that's a VERY crazy gambit to play there.  However, you didn't think of "Bussing to look pro-town", you thought "Randomness". 

Webadict: Random voted for Org for the lulz, then focused on Vector.  He's STILL focused on Vector via Vote.  Beyond that, he's basically been hunting for scumtells or slip up in logic but not making any declarations. 

Vector: He's been on me since almost day 1: one of the first, if I get it right, to dislike my not posting and is putting pressure on me now since no one else is.  He didn't even randomvote! 

..yes I realize I'm defending the person that's the most aimed at trying to lynch me.   ???

Jim: This one wasn't a bad choice: Anti-lurker vote for Org, but kept vote in once org posted and didn't explain why at first.  OMGUSed voted Blood, then anti-lurker voted me though after Vector started up on it. 

So those are the 4 people you are suspicious of for randomness, even though you've been more random than three of them, one would have to be doing a VERY crazy gambit on first day to be involved, and the last is about as varied as you are.  Meanwhile, you're not interested in Org or me who havn't voted and kept mostly silent.  You're also not interested in Blood, though he's been more 'random' (randomvote by going through the list for actives, leading to voting for Jim, then switch to you later, then FoSed Toony, then poked at FreeBeer) than most of the ones you've mentioned.

Toony bugs me since he's NOT being helpful at ALL and I wouldn't cry if we lynched him, but my gut said it was Too Easy and to check out the others.  Now I see why.  So far, you've been doing nothing but jumping on other people's arguments, slipping little comments here or there, and defending yourself at any bit of suspicion.  In fact, your

Oh and if you look at the record, I was the first to suspect Toonyman.

Means you either missed a good bit of the conversation, or you are Lying

You're defensive, you're hypocritical, and you're either not doing your research or your lying.  You bandwagon, and you claim inexperience yet know a good bit of how the game works.  You also was bothered that there was no Night start even though night starts are better for mafia than town (mafia gets one free kill that the town can't really use for analysis).  I'm done looking for suspicious activity from you and would really want a reason why I'm wrong for Voting Eduren

Too Long Didn't Read Version:

-You're more random than your 'these people are random and might be scum' choices
-Toony bugs me, but you look like scum
-Vote Eduren
I KNEW IT!

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: August 05, 2009, 08:41:31 am »

Btw, sorry for the wall of text.  When I get going, I end up doing essays.  I'll try to be calm about them or, at least, plop a summary :P
I KNEW IT!

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: August 05, 2009, 10:05:11 am »

Btw, sorry for the wall of text.  When I get going, I end up doing essays.  I'll try to be calm about them or, at least, plop a summary :P
No, I rather enjoy long walls of text. I did them for a while, but they get rather lengthy, so I try to avoid them.

However, while I think eduren may be scum, I'm leading more for Jim Groovester, as I'll point out why:
I'm satisfied by what you've posted, dakarian. There's still the possibility you're some super duper awesome mafioso who knows exactly how to conceal his deceit, but that seems a bit absurd. And it would be irrelevant for the first lynch anyway, since we need to focus on the most obvious suspects.

Unvote dakarian.

Org, homework or not, you need to speak up. You can start with your thoughts on the webadict/eduren/ToonyMan affair.
He thinks mafiosos are super duper awesome. More importantly though, there isn't really a webadict/eduren/ToonyMan affair, but he's making it seem like there is.

I think lynching ToonyMan would be a mistake. He's bumbling and incompetent and incapable of defending himself, but he still seems innocent to me. And if he were guilty, would he suddenly throw up this post, which seems like genuine frustration, just to throw us off? That would be uncharacteristically competent of him.

Anyways, eduren and webadict, along with Free Beer, are the people most suspicious of ToonyMan. In Free Beer's case, I get the impression that he's doing genuine scum hunting. In eduren's case, he voted to lynch ToonyMan immediately after webadict began pointing out flaws in ToonyMan's behavior. This leads me to suspect that both webadict and eduren are scum, and that eduren is taking cues from the more experienced player. Furthermore, eduren stated three times his belief in ToonyMan's guiltiness, which seems two times too many, and his explanation of ToonyMan's guiltiness has not convinced me.

Then we come to webadict. I'm not completely certain webadict is scum, because he's giving me mixed impressions. He could be either a townie trying to help or scum trying to disperse suspicion. I still haven't decided.

Thus, my conclusions are that, unless others decide to remain suspiciously silent, we should lynch eduren.

I can see why people play this game, and why it's so popular. This is really damn fun.
So, first eduren is taking cues from me, but then again I'm only 50/50 mafia? Doesn't make much sense to me, unless you're going with the piggyback argument that eduren is following whoever he can. That'd make more sense.

You know what Jim? How about this: If you think I am scum, try voting for me, and giving reasons. If you think anyone is partners with me, I will recommend voting for me, as wouldn't I be the most logical choice? I would be more experienced, would I not? Until that point actually happens, I will vote Jim Groovester. You're trying to make a mountain out of a molehill.

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: August 05, 2009, 10:27:26 am »

1. Very glad someone likes my walls.  I havn't been able to stop them for years now so avoidance won't help.

2. Jim...is a lurker hunter.  He went for me when I was silent.  He's after Org now because he's been silent.  I get the impression that he wants people to talk and hates the quiet ones.  He's suspicious of you because.. good &W*(# I plopped a FoS on you and I havn't dropped that.  Anyone that's read Para would be deadly afraid of you. 

So I guess I'm flipped from you: Jim COULD be scum, but Eduren IS scum, and the more he talks the worse it gets.  I'm tempted to say that Jim, Org, and Toony are matters for Day 2 unless Eduren can explain away my accusations.  Easylurk hunting, lurking, and craziness isn't as bad as bandwagoning/lying/randomness in one lovely package.
I KNEW IT!

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: August 05, 2009, 10:35:57 am »

Before it's said, the reason why I, and probably others, havn't Voted for Web but keep fussing about him is because the evidence is purely on Metagaming: he played VERY well in the Para matches and he's the 'expert among the newbies'.  I watch him for a mistake because there will probably be only ONE mistake he'll make the whole game if he's scum, and if it's missed it's over. 

Sidenote: I'll be going to work soon, so it'll probably left to the rest of you to see how Eduren responds to me.  I do suggest, though, that if he can't respond properly to what I brought up that we lynch him today and attend the others later.
I KNEW IT!
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 48