Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 48

Author Topic: Beginners Mafia - Game over!  (Read 71980 times)

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Beginners Mafia - Day 1
« Reply #195 on: August 04, 2009, 07:36:15 pm »

I'm assuming "he" for the rest of this, unless I have some reason to think you're a girl or a robot.  Writing out he/she/it is a pain in the ass, so if anyone is offended I extend my apologies.

1. Eduren: shore yourself up, man.  You're dropping punctuation and capitalization.  Either you're running off for a hot date and you can't be bothered with the shift bar and apostrophes, or you're seriously worried.

Also, please answer my question.

2. As far as those of us who aren't talking:

As I've said previously, I really want to hear dakarian say something.  He may be a total noob, but the extreme lack of information seems weird.  It's not like dakarian forgot--posting did occur earlier today.  He might have been busy.  At this point, I'm thinking he's suspicious.

More than lurkiness, Org seems too emotionally reactive.  I'm giving him time because he says he has homework, but if he doesn't start talking pretty soon things are going to seem rather weird.

Don't know about BloodBeard or Jim Groovester.  Opinions?

3. Jim Groovester, I think you may be mistakenly suspecting webadict due to his role as an IC.  He's reminding us we need to be careful and playing a pedagogical game.  Of course, that could all be a smoke screen.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: August 04, 2009, 07:37:13 pm »

I don't understand any of you.  You're all crazies.

Eduren

• Bay Watcher
  • A new theme!
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: August 04, 2009, 07:39:57 pm »

Crazy like a fox!
I don't know.  Duke wants me to stop playing mafia.
That's the sign of an abusive boyfriend, Toony... you don't have to listen to him.

Eduren

• Bay Watcher
  • A new theme!
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: August 04, 2009, 07:43:10 pm »

1. Eduren: shore yourself up, man.  You're dropping punctuation and capitalization.  Either you're running off for a hot date and you can't be bothered with the shift bar and apostrophes, or you're seriously worried.

Sorry, Im not exactly a neat typer. If it bugs you you can look at some of my posts before the game, you'll probably see alot of the same mistakes.

Also; I wish.
That's the sign of an abusive boyfriend, Toony... you don't have to listen to him.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: August 04, 2009, 07:44:36 pm »

Maybe if I make nonsense you'll all understand me?  ZVARRI!

HAHAHAHAHAHAH.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: August 04, 2009, 07:45:53 pm »

3. Jim Groovester, I think you may be mistakenly suspecting webadict due to his role as an IC.  He's reminding us we need to be careful and playing a pedagogical game.  Of course, that could all be a smoke screen.

I know, but the way webadict is acting is making me suspicious nonetheless.

Maybe if I make nonsense you'll all understand me?  ZVARRI!

HAHAHAHAHAHAH.

Way to not help your cause at all.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: August 04, 2009, 07:46:44 pm »

You think I care if you lynch me?  If you do I just proved webadict and eduren are scum.  Does that mean anything?

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: August 04, 2009, 07:50:02 pm »

Ah.  As far as my statement about your punctuation goes, I mean that you are making more errors than usual.  In my experience, it's a reasonably good tell for someone feeling frightened/guilty.

And again: how about that question I asked you?  You are acting suspicious in the same way ToonyMan was previously.  Your reputation is tarnished further.  Attempts to make yourself sympathetic due to lack of hot dates will also not work.

Also, to ToonyMan: if you are a townie, perhaps you should be more helpful.  Screwing around with eduren != helpful.  We already know he's scummish.  The fact that webadict and eduren want to lynch you doesn't mean they're scum, either.  It means they think you're scum.  Your logic is fallacious.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: August 04, 2009, 07:52:59 pm »

What do you want me to do then, leader?  I got this figured out man.  And my logic is not fartacious.

Eduren

• Bay Watcher
  • A new theme!
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: August 04, 2009, 07:54:55 pm »

You mean this one?

So... a question to eduren.  Why are you bringing up the post-reviewing warning?  Bringing that up in and of itself constitutes a comment--an incomprehensible one.

Also, fake-edit: that's not a vote.  That's casting aspersions on your character, which at this point looks pretty muddy.  I'm sorry, but you seem to be trying way too hard.  If you aren't scum, then what are you, and what are you attempting to protect?

My answer was here...

I believe Toonyman's actions constitute scum.

Oh and i was just pointing out that my post was already written by the time Toonyman voted for me. I had some good points and wanted people to understand that i saw Toonys vote before i posted it. The warning itself wasn't a comment rather a clarification.

If you need more then let me just say that I believe Toony to be scum and im just trying to get him to slip up even more than he already has.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: August 04, 2009, 07:56:13 pm »

Ah, okay.  Apologies to eduren, then.

More apologies to ToonyMan, as well.  If you feel I'm being overbearing, then I am sorry.

My behavior, however, does not excuse your bad logic.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: August 04, 2009, 08:02:30 pm »

BloodBeard asked for Free Beer's thoughts, so I'm going to ask BloodBeard for his thoughts.

BloodBeard, what are your opinions on this whole ToonyMan/eduren/webadict affair?
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

BloodBeard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: August 04, 2009, 08:28:08 pm »

BloodBeard asked for Free Beer's thoughts, so I'm going to ask BloodBeard for his thoughts.

BloodBeard, what are your opinions on this whole ToonyMan/eduren/webadict affair?

Since my FoS of Toonyman his responses have gotten even more strange and useless. I'm torn between having my lynch be for him or eduren. Toonyman isn't contributing much of anything but i'm pretty sure that aduren is scum. I don't really have an opinion on webadict yet.

Unlynch

This likely won't be my final lynch, I just want dakarian to get talking when he comes on. I don't think he's lurking, just not online.

Btw webadict, untill I went offline a couple hours ago (we can't be on all the time) I was one of the highest posters, above you even. Not that it means anything but I don't see why I was grouped with them.

Eduren

• Bay Watcher
  • A new theme!
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: August 04, 2009, 08:31:23 pm »

Mind if I ask why you are still certain of my scumminess.

BloodBeard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: August 04, 2009, 08:40:30 pm »

Mind if I ask why you are still certain of my scumminess.

Your questionable first posts are still stuck with me a little. Your recent postings have changed for the better but something still doesn't feel right.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 48