Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 116 117 [118] 119 120 ... 124

Author Topic: Dwarf Therapist (LATEST 0.5.7 7/13/10 see first post)  (Read 620350 times)

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos
Re: Dwarf Therapist (LATEST 0.5.7 7/13/10 see first post)
« Reply #1755 on: September 16, 2010, 01:24:45 pm »

One of the biggest helps DT has given me is to "select all females, turn all hauling off" and same for males, when 50-95% of the population is resting in the hospital.
No. Item. Hauling. First give water, then correct the stockpiles.
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

Internet Kraken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1756 on: September 16, 2010, 05:22:27 pm »

So is there any hope of someone making a new version, or should we just learn to play DF without DT?
Picture a dwarf, warrior, mechanic, or some other incredibly useful profession. Now picture him dead. That's what infections do.
[NOPAIN] no gain.
Escapist Reveredtour Let's Play.

Aramco

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1757 on: September 16, 2010, 05:51:25 pm »

So is there any hope of someone making a new version, or should we just learn to play DF without DT?

NO! IMPOSSIBLE!
Or maybe there's a god who's just completely insane and sends you to Detroit, Michigan in a new body if you ever utter the name "Pat Sajak".

Impudence12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1758 on: September 16, 2010, 06:17:00 pm »

One of the biggest helps DT has given me is to "select all females, turn all hauling off" and same for males, when 50-95% of the population is resting in the hospital.
No. Item. Hauling. First give water, then correct the stockpiles.

I just have one fatass who only helps prisoners and waters patients. Urist McNurse.. always idle, except when you need him.
♪ This used to be a Funhouse ♫
♫ But now it's full of evil clowns ♪
♪ It's time to start the countdown ♫
♫ I'm gonna burn it down, down, down ♪

DwarfEngineer

• Bay Watcher
  • Grumble Grumble...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1759 on: September 16, 2010, 06:33:31 pm »

So I've been looking at this today, and it's slow going.

Right now it looks like the primitive data types have changed offsets because of the compiler change.  This means we can't just update the offsets in the data file (on windows anyway) so I'm working on recompiling Dwarf Therapist and trying to find all of the correct offsets.  This is going to take a while, so if anyone else is doing the same thing and getting close, please reply so I don't waste my time. :)
Current Dwarf Therapist Maintainer - Tips

Malorn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1760 on: September 16, 2010, 06:58:02 pm »

Just wanted to say thanks to DE and the others working on this, it's a vital part of Dwarf Fortress.  Even this simple level of coding is beyond my depth, I'm only rated for modding, so it's really wonderful that people who are capable are taking this on.

Has anyone every asked Toady if he wanted to literally incorporate DT into DF?  With the new code structure that shouldn't be entirely impossible.  Or possible just supporting it, he probably knows all the information on offsets that we are looking for.  Certainly we already owe him so much just for the game, but Dwarf Therapist does make such a huge difference to DF . . . might be a good business move, too.

peterix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dethware
« Reply #1761 on: September 16, 2010, 07:49:06 pm »

Right now it looks like the primitive data types have changed offsets because of the compiler change.  This means we can't just update the offsets in the data file (on windows anyway) so I'm working on recompiling Dwarf Therapist and trying to find all of the correct offsets.  This is going to take a while, so if anyone else is doing the same thing and getting close, please reply so I don't waste my time. :)
Right. I'm doing some parts of course, but mostly the map and materials stuff. I know Devek is doing stuff. Maybe bartavelle if he has time. It could be a good idea if we all pooled our resources.

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #1762 on: September 16, 2010, 08:26:09 pm »

Has anyone every asked Toady if he wanted to literally incorporate DT into DF?  With the new code structure that shouldn't be entirely impossible.  Or possible just supporting it, he probably knows all the information on offsets that we are looking for.  Certainly we already owe him so much just for the game, but Dwarf Therapist does make such a huge difference to DF . . . might be a good business move, too.

It's been asked.  Never gotten a positive response from it that I know.  Toady is rather against opening any sort of API to third party tools.

Right. I'm doing some parts of course, but mostly the map and materials stuff. I know Devek is doing stuff. Maybe bartavelle if he has time. It could be a good idea if we all pooled our resources.

Something like rewriting the core of DwarfTherapist to use DFHack (again) would be nice.  At least it would make it easier to transfer the offsets once they are found.
You may think I'm crazy / And I think you may be right
But life is ever so much more fun / If you are the crazy one

My blog: Photography, Programming, Writing
Novels: A Sea of Stars, Confession

devek

• Bay Watcher
  • [KILL_EVERYTHING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1763 on: September 16, 2010, 09:28:23 pm »

My next project, Dwarf Overlord, will make DT obsolete anyway lol.
"Why do people rebuild things that they know are going to be destroyed? Why do people cling to life when they know they can't live forever?"

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1764 on: September 16, 2010, 09:34:28 pm »

How many of these programs have there been? 3?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

devek

• Bay Watcher
  • [KILL_EVERYTHING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1765 on: September 16, 2010, 09:35:43 pm »

That is how you succeed my friend.

"Why do people rebuild things that they know are going to be destroyed? Why do people cling to life when they know they can't live forever?"

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1766 on: September 16, 2010, 10:43:45 pm »

How many of these programs have there been? 3?
Well when people stop making one, someone has to make a new one don't they?

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1767 on: September 16, 2010, 10:47:22 pm »

And of course, the first guy to respond to me has a sig-link to one of the other ones ::) :P
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1768 on: September 16, 2010, 10:48:34 pm »

And of course, the first guy to respond to me has a sig-link to one of the other ones ::) :P
I have a sig link to what now?

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1769 on: September 16, 2010, 10:50:28 pm »

no, you were second.
devek and his Dwarf Foreman link were first.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Pages: 1 ... 116 117 [118] 119 120 ... 124