Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 113 114 [115] 116 117 ... 124

Author Topic: Dwarf Therapist (LATEST 0.5.7 7/13/10 see first post)  (Read 620398 times)

Zesty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Therapist (LATEST 0.5.7 7/13/10 see first post)
« Reply #1710 on: August 10, 2010, 08:05:01 pm »

The full path on my system (Windows 7) is:
C:\Users\{USERNAME}\AppData\Roaming\UDP Software\Dwarf Therapist.ini

Alternatively, you can use this program.  Supposedly it nukes the settings file completely (use at your own risk, I've never tried it myself):

Hey Chmod, I made a tiny little AHK script I would be honored if you distributed to users having problems with dwarf therapist saving information between versions and going wonky.

I call it "Reset TheRapist"  and it just basicly is a fancy dialog box that recycles their %appdata%\udp software\ dwarf therapist.ini file.  For now I know it works on windows 7, but I don't know about other versions of windows.   
Reset TheRapist

Hope people can get at least a tiny bit of use from it!

Deleting the custom professions section of that file did the trick. I appreciate the help.
Cuius est solum, eius est usque ad coelum et ad inferos

gtmattz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:BEARD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1711 on: August 27, 2010, 06:15:53 pm »

I have been spending a lot of time fiddling with animals lately and was really wishing for a tab in dwarf therapist where I could look at my dogs and see which ones to cull.

So now that dwarf therapist is more or less open what would it take to add this? 

Would sure be cool if you could set animals to be butchered with therapist as well  8)

I would try to do it myself, but I don't have much programming experience, unfortunately.
 :-\

btw, if there is a new topic I should be using to discuss things therapist, please direct me to it  ;)
Quote from: Hyndis
Just try it! Its not like you die IRL if Urist McMiner falls into magma.

sizeak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1712 on: August 27, 2010, 06:47:50 pm »

I have been spending a lot of time fiddling with animals lately and was really wishing for a tab in dwarf therapist where I could look at my dogs and see which ones to cull.

So now that dwarf therapist is more or less open what would it take to add this? 

Would sure be cool if you could set animals to be butchered with therapist as well  8)

I would try to do it myself, but I don't have much programming experience, unfortunately.
 :-\

btw, if there is a new topic I should be using to discuss things therapist, please direct me to it  ;)

Runesmith can do that for you & you can set it to be butchered or kill it with Runesmith too...
Runesmith - http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=59056.0 - A Dwarf Companion like tool

gtmattz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:BEARD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1713 on: August 27, 2010, 09:03:11 pm »

Thanks for the heads up!  I hadn't got around to checking out runesmith yet, this is as good a reason as any I spose  8)
Quote from: Hyndis
Just try it! Its not like you die IRL if Urist McMiner falls into magma.

Gatallorsith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1714 on: August 30, 2010, 02:26:08 pm »

Just passing by to say a huge THANK YOU to all the people responsible for this program.
Without it, I'd have probably stopped playing this awesome game after 20 dwarves. And with me, all the others dwellers that are starting their first fortress (there's a dedicated thread on another forum) :)

Now I'm at my second fortress, 44 dwarves, and have grasped a good percentage of the functions\interface of the game.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1715 on: August 30, 2010, 02:44:54 pm »

I have to agree, I still use this thing almost daily.

Gearheart

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1716 on: August 30, 2010, 03:38:15 pm »

I can't imagine playing without it any more. It makes everything so much easier and less time consuming.

Chrissi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1717 on: August 30, 2010, 03:43:53 pm »

Yep.... I could not play without this.  So even though it's not being updated anymore, thank you SO MUCH, chmod and co and anyone else who worked on it....

Meanmelter

• Bay Watcher
  • A Dwarven Demon, yeah, he is pissed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1718 on: September 01, 2010, 11:31:10 am »

It still wroks, you just have to update the version in the file of DT. I got to use DT for 0.31.12  ;D
huh. took a bunch of sleeping pills and slept in a pharmacist, wake up, i am now albino. 
Story of my life.

nekoexmachina

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1719 on: September 02, 2010, 07:32:17 am »

What's with linux version? Could not find it.
Whenever i read the "doesn't care about anything anymore" line, i instantly imagine a dwarf, sitting alone on a swing set. Just slowly rocking back and forth, somberly staring at the ground, and stopping every once in a while to sigh.
It's mildly depressing.

shibdib

• Bay Watcher
  • How much for Goat?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1720 on: September 02, 2010, 11:26:18 pm »

why is DT connecting to the internet? I get a firewall warning whenever i run it

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #1721 on: September 02, 2010, 11:37:07 pm »

why is DT connecting to the internet? I get a firewall warning whenever i run it

Version checking.  It just requests this URL: http://dt-tracker.appspot.com/version

While I'm here, did anyone ever pick up this project?  There were rumblings that someone would, but I can't tell if anyone actually has.
You may think I'm crazy / And I think you may be right
But life is ever so much more fun / If you are the crazy one

My blog: Photography, Programming, Writing
Novels: A Sea of Stars, Confession

snooptodd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1722 on: September 03, 2010, 09:59:24 pm »

What's with linux version? Could not find it.

There is no released linux version. You have to build it from source.

Dr. Hieronymous Alloy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1723 on: September 04, 2010, 10:04:55 am »

Is there any way to use this to look for your strongest/most agile dwarf?

rmunn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1724 on: September 04, 2010, 10:17:09 am »

FYI: the next version of Ubuntu Linux, due to be released in October 2010, turns OFF (by default, you can change this) the ability of programs to access each others' memory. You can turn it back on; see this thread for details. This won't be a huge problem yet, as only beta-testers and other brave souls will be running Ubuntu 10.10 ("Maverick Meerkat") just now... but once the end of October rolls around and the Ubuntu users start upgrading, you're going to see a lot of "How Come DFHack/Dwarf Therapist/Stonesense/etc aren't working?" posts. At that time, it might be worth updating the OP to point to the "Fixing problems with Maverick" thread.
Meet the seven year-old girl Lokum Ishemavuz. Her hobbies include taking care of her pet vulture, playing in graveyards, and killing people before they have a chance to scream.
Pages: 1 ... 113 114 [115] 116 117 ... 124