Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 88 89 [90] 91 92 ... 124

Author Topic: Dwarf Therapist (LATEST 0.5.7 7/13/10 see first post)  (Read 620551 times)

willowwill

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Therapist (LATEST 0.5.5 6/26/10 see first post)
« Reply #1335 on: June 28, 2010, 01:48:03 am »

I'm running May Green's DF v31_08 under 32-bit Vista, and am trying to use the just-released Dwarf Therapist 0.5.5. However, when I launch Therapist while DF is running it claims that "Dwarf Fortress has either stopped running, or you unloaded your game. Please re-connect when a fort is loaded."

I've read that sometimes you need to re-load the game or wait until a season passes etc., but I'm now in summer and the first wave of migrants have just arrived and Therapist still won't connect.

I also noticed that the "Connect To DF" button is greyed out, do I can't attempt to reconnect without quitting and re-launching Therapist.

Is there some trick I'm missing? Or is Vista's UAC somehow interfering with Therapist's attempts to poke at DF's memory? I tried running Therapist in Administrator mode but that didn't seem to help either.

Try running both DF and DT in admin mode that seemed to fix it for me.

chmod

• Bay Watcher
  • I get by with a little help from my friends
    • View Profile
    • UDP Viper
Re: Dwarf Therapist (LATEST 0.5.4 6/10/10 see first post)
« Reply #1336 on: June 28, 2010, 02:05:14 am »

You should dig through replies. Your toil amuses me.

Epic reply.

LOL I don't come close to that creatively snarky even on the best of days...

(Maybe years of exposure to noobies might help though)
Yeah sorry. Sometimes I fail my roll. But the sense of entitlement your average user has is pretty astonishing.

You're exactly right. I wish all of my software came without manuals. That way I could spend hours reading witty and unhelpful information on the internet before finally finding the answer I need. That's so much more rewarding than actually using the software.  :D
Case in point. I'll happily accept your donated manual.

Jimmy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1337 on: June 28, 2010, 04:46:44 am »

Y'know, the program does come with instructions on how to get the offsets yourself. Course, most are too lazy to bother doing it.

Chrissi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1338 on: June 28, 2010, 10:10:02 am »

I am getting the message "Dwarf Fortress has either stopped running, or you unloaded your game.  Please re-connect when a fort is loaded." when I start up Dwarf Therapist 0.5.5, unmodified, with a new fortress in 0.31.08, vanilla except for a few init changes, no graphics, just a downloaded tileset.  SDL version for Windows, I'm running Windows Vista Home, SP2, 32-bit.

The "Connect to DF" button turns grey and I can no longer hit it.  I've tried reloading DF and DT many times.

Someone mentioned this same problem last page?  Nothing I can do will get DT to work.  Last version worked fine for 0.31.06.  At first I thought it was my fortress that was from 0.31.06 so I made a brand new fort in 0.31.08 but it still doesn't work.

I also tried running both programs as administrator.  No workie.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2010, 10:12:58 am by Chrissi »

Gabriel A. Zorrilla

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • https://zorrilla.me
« Reply #1339 on: June 28, 2010, 10:49:34 am »

I've gotta test it at home, but cant wait! Does DW work under Wine (with DF for windows also running in a Wine emulator)?

chmod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • UDP Viper
« Reply #1340 on: June 28, 2010, 10:51:07 am »

I am getting the message "Dwarf Fortress has either stopped running, or you unloaded your game.  Please re-connect when a fort is loaded." when I start up Dwarf Therapist 0.5.5, unmodified, with a new fortress in 0.31.08, vanilla except for a few init changes, no graphics, just a downloaded tileset.  SDL version for Windows, I'm running Windows Vista Home, SP2, 32-bit.

The "Connect to DF" button turns grey and I can no longer hit it.  I've tried reloading DF and DT many times.

Someone mentioned this same problem last page?  Nothing I can do will get DT to work.  Last version worked fine for 0.31.06.  At first I thought it was my fortress that was from 0.31.06 so I made a brand new fort in 0.31.08 but it still doesn't work.

File a bug here http://code.google.com/p/dwarftherapist/issues/entry

Also provide the logfile please.

peterix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dethware
« Reply #1341 on: June 28, 2010, 11:16:47 am »

I've gotta test it at home, but cant wait! Does DW work under Wine (with DF for windows also running in a Wine emulator)?
AFAIK, it does. I use it that way.

Gabriel A. Zorrilla

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • https://zorrilla.me
« Reply #1342 on: June 28, 2010, 11:20:42 am »

In the meantime, you keep working on improving dfhack linux support! :P

Internet Kraken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1343 on: June 28, 2010, 03:19:40 pm »

I'm having the exact same problem. As soon as I updated to the new version, both it and the old version stopped working.

EDIT: It works now. odd.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2010, 04:38:03 pm by Internet Kraken »
Picture a dwarf, warrior, mechanic, or some other incredibly useful profession. Now picture him dead. That's what infections do.
[NOPAIN] no gain.
Escapist Reveredtour Let's Play.

Chrissi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1344 on: June 28, 2010, 08:12:58 pm »

Mine... also randomly works now.  I submitted a bug report and it magically began to work?

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1345 on: June 28, 2010, 08:23:49 pm »

I hacked you guys and fixed it. Send money.

profit

• Bay Watcher
  • Finely Crafted Engravings... Or it didn't happen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1346 on: June 28, 2010, 10:42:59 pm »

DT is one of the most useful open source programs I have seen in years... with the exception of open office of course.
Mods and the best utilities for dwarf fortress
Community Mods and utilities thread.

chmod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • UDP Viper
« Reply #1347 on: June 29, 2010, 12:40:12 am »

DT is one of the most useful open source programs I have seen in years... with the exception of open office of course.
Hey thanks, man!

BTW just put a new howto together with the woman. Check it out http://www.vimeo.com/12936017

Chrissi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1348 on: June 29, 2010, 05:32:29 am »

She sounds like she has done this before.

sphr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1349 on: June 29, 2010, 06:07:11 am »

I actually see DT as an integral part of DF for me... no DT (or similar predecessors like foreman), no DF... at least I'll actually wait before playing the latest version, even with the unfixed bugs.

The only other "integral" thing that happened to be recently is soundSense by zwei.  After using these two utils, you'll think back and wonder how did you live through those days in DF without them....

Here's another BIG thank you for chmod!

btw:
is there any other "official" place to make suggestions? fttb, I'll just post it here:
One thing I always find with DT is that the list of labor is too long to fit on shorter monitor (I actually run DF on a smaller monitor and use my wide monitor so that DT can show the whole labor list without a scroll bar).  Scrolling right will lose the main name column.  I was thinking either separate the name column out into non-scrollable column, or could be useful if the labor categories can be potentially collapsed,  (E.g. collapse columns in "farmer" category will collapse all farmer labor roles into one "compound" grid-cell (which just shows green if active for all farmer labor, or clear if none, or grey if mixed), so that I can get both name column and see see the column for Architecture.
Pages: 1 ... 88 89 [90] 91 92 ... 124