Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 124

Author Topic: Dwarf Therapist (LATEST 0.5.7 7/13/10 see first post)  (Read 620456 times)

Mishy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Therapist (LATEST 0.4.2 10/26/09 see first post)
« Reply #720 on: April 05, 2010, 01:03:18 pm »

Nice one Chmod, much appreciated. Will be donating once i can get a paypal account setup (i presume youre using paypal).

chmod

• Bay Watcher
  • I get by with a little help from my friends
    • View Profile
    • UDP Viper
« Reply #721 on: April 05, 2010, 01:13:24 pm »

Nice one Chmod, much appreciated. Will be donating once i can get a paypal account setup (i presume youre using paypal).
Indeed :)
http://code.google.com/p/dwarftherapist/wiki/Donations

Shaostoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Expanding your universe.
    • View Profile
    • Shaostoul Patreon
« Reply #722 on: April 05, 2010, 03:25:39 pm »

I only have one slight issue. Seems DT is reluctant to add the latest migrant to the list, but when a new migrant wave shows up, the one originally not there shows and the new last migrant of that wave doesn't show up on the list.
I mod games and educate others how to do so as well, if you'd like to learn join my Discord and you can join a bunch of like minded individuals. (Presently modding Space Engineers and No Man's Sky.)

Looking into modding DF? This forum guide & wiki guide may still be a good start!

Master

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #723 on: April 05, 2010, 03:38:43 pm »

I only have one slight issue. Seems DT is reluctant to add the latest migrant to the list, but when a new migrant wave shows up, the one originally not there shows and the new last migrant of that wave doesn't show up on the list.

It also does not seem to allocate the skills sometimes. It shows that the skills are selected and passed to dwarf fortress but even though (for instance) the minor has the mining skill in df you have to deselect and reselect mining to get them to actually mine. Also, sometimes it looses connection with dwarf fortress all together.

All these seem to be fixed by restarting dwarf fortress and dwarf therapist. Much better now though than we were yesterday at this time :)

Twitch

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_SLEEP]
    • View Profile
« Reply #724 on: April 05, 2010, 03:53:48 pm »

Dead dwarves are not removed from the dwarf list.
,.nn,.n.,UM.,n.,.,nn
N,,.U|++u|

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #725 on: April 05, 2010, 03:58:12 pm »

It also does not seem to allocate the skills sometimes. It shows that the skills are selected and passed to dwarf fortress but even though (for instance) the minor has the mining skill in df you have to deselect and reselect mining to get them to actually mine. Also, sometimes it looses connection with dwarf fortress all together.

All these seem to be fixed by restarting dwarf fortress and dwarf therapist. Much better now though than we were yesterday at this time :)
This is partially a known bug in the new DF version, where sometimes you have to toggle a labor on and off before they will perform it.

PeterTheEvilBastard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #726 on: April 05, 2010, 04:41:52 pm »

Dudes, you were asked to not bring up bugs for this release, remember? As in, he already knows about them and the only reason this realese was made is becouse we pestered him long enough?

Stormy

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #727 on: April 05, 2010, 04:49:08 pm »

Aye indeed; it's quick, it's dirty, who cares - it's a hell of a lot better than nothing!!

*needs to work a hack to get some dwarf god ingame named chmod so my dwarfs can craft artifacts in his honour*
The 'Poor Spelling' Bolt hits Sentence in the head!
It explodes in gore!
Sentence has been struck down.

chmod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • UDP Viper
« Reply #728 on: April 05, 2010, 04:51:45 pm »

*needs to work a hack to get some dwarf god ingame named chmod so my dwarfs can craft artifacts in his honour*
That's hilarious. I do not have a Jobsian enough ego to do it myself though.

Master

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #729 on: April 05, 2010, 04:55:09 pm »

Dudes, you were asked to not bring up bugs for this release, remember? As in, he already knows about them and the only reason this realese was made is becouse we pestered him long enough?

No, we were asked not to use his bug reporter to report bugs. It is perfectly fine to discuss said bugs here so that those playing with the dwarf therapist know about the bugs and possible work around for them.

chmod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • UDP Viper
« Reply #730 on: April 05, 2010, 04:57:17 pm »

No, we were asked not to use his bug reporter to report bugs. It is perfectly fine to discuss said bugs here so that those playing with the dwarf therapist know about the bugs and possible work around for them.

Yeah I don't mind you guys talking about the shortcomings here. And I do care. It's just that I have not yet put the time into reorganizing my already massive bug backlog. And new ones would just be adding noise at this point. I do want to fix everything at some point, I just wanted to get something out there as a top priority.

There will be a more official release soon, that I actually advertise elsewhere and want bugs reported on.

profit

• Bay Watcher
  • Finely Crafted Engravings... Or it didn't happen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #731 on: April 05, 2010, 05:32:44 pm »

Hurzaaa!!! 0.31.01's labor management has been driving me batty! I have so missed Dwarf TheRapist...

* Folds his hands together and declares this pleases him greatly.

Mods and the best utilities for dwarf fortress
Community Mods and utilities thread.

PeterTheEvilBastard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #732 on: April 05, 2010, 06:11:15 pm »

[/quote]
 I stand corrected  ;D

Boothby

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #733 on: April 05, 2010, 06:42:24 pm »

Thanks muchly chmod. You make DF yet more awesome.

monkeyfetus

• Bay Watcher
  • [prefstring:terrible puns]
    • View Profile
« Reply #734 on: April 05, 2010, 06:48:13 pm »

I wish I could still see military skills, but beggars can't be choosers. Thanks for rushing this out and making the game playable for me.
Why does my adventurer keep crying?
Greiger's is actually correct...  sadly enough.  The emotional circumstance processor is still turned on, with a randomly rolled up personality, but they can't express themselves or take control...  they can only cry.
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 124