Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should we stop this round and start a new one?

Yes
- 14 (60.9%)
No
- 8 (34.8%)
Other (explain)
- 1 (4.3%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 47

Author Topic: Paranormal Mafia - Round 7 - Game is ended  (Read 62899 times)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia - Round 7 - Day 1 - Vacations always get ruined
« Reply #90 on: July 21, 2009, 09:16:17 pm »

No, my role sucks.

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #91 on: July 21, 2009, 09:22:37 pm »

blah blah (insert BS here) blah

1) Technique?  I guess that's one way to put it... :-P

2) With two mafias and enough people to get at least a few killing roles, those numbers should go down quickly.  Then, we can start making more sense of things.

3) Please don't lynch me.  I think I'd much rather be eaten (or whatever cultists do).

4) Where does one find one of these BS machines?  I am intrigued.
You may think I'm crazy / And I think you may be right
But life is ever so much more fun / If you are the crazy one

My blog: Photography, Programming, Writing
Novels: A Sea of Stars, Confession

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: July 21, 2009, 09:24:26 pm »

Webadict for exterminator with intel?
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: July 21, 2009, 09:37:13 pm »

Webadict for exterminator with intel?
lol. That's a good one. Would I really risk that?

blah blah (insert BS here) blah

1) Technique?  I guess that's one way to put it... :-P

2) With two mafias and enough people to get at least a few killing roles, those numbers should go down quickly.  Then, we can start making more sense of things.

3) Please don't lynch me.  I think I'd much rather be eaten (or whatever cultists do).

4) Where does one find one of these BS machines?  I am intrigued.
1) It's based mostly on the Gambler's Fallacy, which very inconsistently gives us the bad guys.

2) We make sense of things ALL the time. We don't wait it up. And we're lynching today. Better start voting. And NONE OF THIS DOUBLE LYNCH CRAP! That's THE dumbest thing I've ever heard.

3) You'll probably end up as one of those three.

4) I'm pretty sure [insert whoever's name here] holds the only one. I'm just borrowing it.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: July 21, 2009, 09:46:41 pm »

I may be only a master of the waves and those that lurk beneath, but I know well enough of Toonymans track record. Accusing this glibbering pile of madness of being some strange creature or a member of some occult crap for being crazy is stupid. When he starts acting rational, that is when you should fear him.

Not that we take kindly to his kind here. I personally don't know which way to look at things. Last time the murders happened the real clues happened after a few killings. Alas, I cannot just point a gun into a crowd and hope to hit a murderer among them. I shall not take place in any lynchings.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: July 21, 2009, 09:54:37 pm »

I may be only a master of the waves and those that lurk beneath, but I know well enough of Toonymans track record. Accusing this glibbering pile of madness of being some strange creature or a member of some occult crap for being crazy is stupid. When he starts acting rational, that is when you should fear him.

Not that we take kindly to his kind here. I personally don't know which way to look at things. Last time the murders happened the real clues happened after a few killings. Alas, I cannot just point a gun into a crowd and hope to hit a murderer among them. I shall not take place in any lynchings.
We don't actually guarantee hitting murderers by shooting into a crowd. We only hope to hit them. Whatever results we get are simply there for our own deciphering, regardless of results. If we do kill a murderer, all the better.

As I have stated and will continue to state: We will lynch the first day and you WILL list your suspicions for everyone to see. If you refuse to do the first, I may not blame you. It was hard for me to grasp that concept. However, the second I will not budge on. You WILL list your suspicions and you WILL post. If you do not, I will lynch you. The only thing you can do to help the town now is be active and follow this. You do not help the town by sitting in a corner and watching us.

So do something or die. You're either helping us, or better off dead.

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: July 21, 2009, 10:01:17 pm »

It would be far more believable. You wouldn't get my vote either, because as it stands, there are two mafias groups here, and the Town would be more likely to spare the Exterminator right now, and wait for the Dopps/Cultists to butcher the Exterminatior for us.

As it stands:

1) It's based mostly on the Gambler's Fallacy, which very inconsistently gives us the bad guys.

Gambler's Fallacy is a fallacy. FOS Webadict. Keeping vote on Rysith though.
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: July 21, 2009, 10:19:14 pm »

It would be far more believable. You wouldn't get my vote either, because as it stands, there are two mafias groups here, and the Town would be more likely to spare the Exterminator right now, and wait for the Dopps/Cultists to butcher the Exterminatior for us.

As it stands:

Gambler's Fallacy is a fallacy. FOS Webadict. Keeping vote on Rysith though.
You think what you want. Just because it's a fallacy doesn't mean it never works.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: July 21, 2009, 10:47:46 pm »

Don't forget the aliens!
This single post made me think that ToonyMan is some kind of an alien. I believe I said a similar thing when I was an alien. FoS ToonyMan.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Alexhans

• Bay Watcher
  • This is toodamn shortto write something meaningful
    • View Profile
    • Osteopatia y Neurotonia
« Reply #99 on: July 21, 2009, 11:05:04 pm »

Don't forget the aliens!
This single post made me think that ToonyMan is some kind of an alien. I believe I said a similar thing when I was an alien. FoS ToonyMan.
You did.  Twice.  Once when you were the lovecraftian horror.  once when you were the alien. 

Do you think its good to lynch an alien?
“Eight years was awesome and I was famous and I was powerful" - George W. Bush.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: July 21, 2009, 11:12:29 pm »

Don't forget the aliens!

If I was an alien I would want to be a survivor alien.   ;D

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: July 21, 2009, 11:18:50 pm »

Don't forget the aliens!
You did.  Twice.  Once when you were the lovecraftian horror.  once when you were the alien. 

Do you think its good to lynch an alien?
It really depends. If it's an exterminator alien, yes. If it's a survivor alien or a dopp-seeker, no. If it's an agent-seeker, yes.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Rysith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: July 21, 2009, 11:52:21 pm »

It was Rysith who was changing his vote every second. So, my vote's on Rysith.

I've been voting for people who haven't posted, and I'd done it with one person before you. Hardly "changing my vote every second". Care to explain how that's suspicious?

I will say that your reaction to my random vote strikes me as a tad over reactive and nervous. Until something better comes along, I'm going to maintain my vote as well.
Lanternwebs: a community fort
Try my orc mod!
The OP deserves the violent Dwarven equivalent of the Nobel Peace Prize.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: July 22, 2009, 12:48:57 am »

It was Rysith who was changing his vote every second. So, my vote's on Rysith.

I've been voting for people who haven't posted, and I'd done it with one person before you. Hardly "changing my vote every second". Care to explain how that's suspicious?

I will say that your reaction to my random vote strikes me as a tad over reactive and nervous. Until something better comes along, I'm going to maintain my vote as well.
Good show. I'd care for an explanation as well, Monsieur Corps.

A_Fey_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: July 22, 2009, 02:13:11 am »

Sorry about not posting earlier only just got the chance to use my computer.

I am going to vote for janustwoface for no lynching when we don't need to. A lot of his posts are particularly scummy especially this

What exactly do you mean... You would rather be killed at night then lynched, I would much rather lynch you know to see how other people vote and gain info that way.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 47