Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should we stop this round and start a new one?

Yes
- 14 (60.9%)
No
- 8 (34.8%)
Other (explain)
- 1 (4.3%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 47

Author Topic: Paranormal Mafia - Round 7 - Game is ended  (Read 62932 times)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia - Round 7 - Day 1 - Vacations always get ruined
« Reply #120 on: July 22, 2009, 10:53:15 am »

Thank you.
For?
Doing something. Some people like to sit back.

Also, I'll unvote and vote Mr.Person. Why are you assuming everyone is an Exterminator Alien?

What exactly do you mean... You would rather be killed at night then lynched, I would much rather lynch you know to see how other people vote and gain info that way.

I'm being practical.  I rather like being alive.  Being lynched now would put a bit of a damper on that plan.  Being eaten (etc) later does as well, but that is later, this is now.

Oh, and I'll vote No Lynch until closer to the end of the day.  We already have a few people voting for everyone under the sun, I'll wait until I have some more evidence.
You should still give your suspicions, regardless of your affinity for life. Eventually, you MIGHT actually die, and giving reasons for who might be suspicious and why would make you helpful for town.

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #121 on: July 22, 2009, 11:06:46 am »

You should still give your suspicions, regardless of your affinity for life. Eventually, you MIGHT actually die, and giving reasons for who might be suspicious and why would make you helpful for town.

Mmmk, I'll be a little more clear on what I've already said.
- SniHjen was suspicious when 'claiming' anti-town.  That claim has since been clarified but it might have been a slip up.
- Now SniHjen has switched voting to 4 different people, following Frelock and then Rysith the last two times.
- Alexhans and chaoticjosh are both better than average players and were going after each other pretty hard.  I believe that they might be acting to clear the longer lived one later.
- Toonyman is acting crazy, but crazy and dangerous are not disjoint.
- You (webadict) have access to a BS machine.  That seems dangerous to me.
- chaoticjosh has a spider on his shirt.  Everyone knows that spiders are a dopp delicacy and that cultists need spiders for their arcane rituals.  (Who knows what aliens do with them!)
You may think I'm crazy / And I think you may be right
But life is ever so much more fun / If you are the crazy one

My blog: Photography, Programming, Writing
Novels: A Sea of Stars, Confession

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: July 22, 2009, 11:10:30 am »

That wasn't so tough, now was it? Who else has yet to say anything on any matters? Org, I'm looking at you!

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: July 22, 2009, 11:36:53 am »

It was Rysith who was changing his vote every second. So, my vote's on Rysith.

I've been voting for people who haven't posted, and I'd done it with one person before you. Hardly "changing my vote every second". Care to explain how that's suspicious?

I will say that your reaction to my random vote strikes me as a tad over reactive and nervous. Until something better comes along, I'm going to maintain my vote as well.

1) I as assuming that you were voting on people on the basis that said person may be lurking, and thus could be scum.
2) I was worried that you were attempting to start a dogpile on a lurker, so as to quickly end the day and thereby remove a pro-Town role. Hence why you were changing your vote in order to try and fish out a target.

Your reaction seems strange too, but understandable. Unvote. FOS on SniHjen for dogpiling though.

I'm change vote to JanusTwoFace in the hope that at least somebody gets  today lynched, thereby giving us some information.
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: July 22, 2009, 11:39:31 am »

Name one thing that I said which was crazy.  One thing.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: July 22, 2009, 11:45:53 am »

Right, I have posted by the way, on the 1st/2nd page I think..

But yeh, let's see:
-Webadict is always suspicious, because he is Webadict and so damn difficult to discern.
-SniHjen made that little 'slip' earlier. I suspect that was an accident partially based on being new to para-mafia, but that doesn't mean he is innocent.
-I agree with Janus' Alexhans/Chaoticjosh statement.
Alexhans and chaoticjosh are both better than average players and were going after each other pretty hard.  I believe that they might be acting to clear the longer lived one later
-Also Janus seems to be jumping on people for minor suspicious stuff, although that could just be me only noticing him.

Also, I unvote A_Fey_Dwarf, and vote Org for not having posted yet.

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #126 on: July 22, 2009, 11:46:26 am »

Name one thing that I said which was crazy.  One thing.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Edit:  ;D

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: July 22, 2009, 11:48:13 am »

*grumble grumble*

Well anyway, I would like Org to speak up, but I'm not voting him so...

FoS Org for not posting.

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #128 on: July 22, 2009, 11:49:02 am »

-Also Janus seems to be jumping on people for minor suspicious stuff, although that could just be me only noticing him.
I've been noticed... I'm touched.  Actually, I think it's just a combination of being overly paranoid (so that everything starts jumping out) and a lack of anything truly obvious (which is a semi-good thing, makes life interesting).

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: July 22, 2009, 11:54:29 am »

It was Rysith who was changing his vote every second. So, my vote's on Rysith.

I've been voting for people who haven't posted, and I'd done it with one person before you. Hardly "changing my vote every second". Care to explain how that's suspicious?

I will say that your reaction to my random vote strikes me as a tad over reactive and nervous. Until something better comes along, I'm going to maintain my vote as well.

1) I as assuming that you were voting on people on the basis that said person may be lurking, and thus could be scum.
2) I was worried that you were attempting to start a dogpile on a lurker, so as to quickly end the day and thereby remove a pro-Town role. Hence why you were changing your vote in order to try and fish out a target.

Your reaction seems strange too, but understandable. Unvote. FOS on SniHjen for dogpiling though.

I'm change vote to JanusTwoFace in the hope that at least somebody gets  today lynched, thereby giving us some information.
Vote Servant Corps. You couldn't possibly have been more suspicious with that answer than if you held up a sign. You basically said you hadn't posted, voted for him because he was SCUM looking for Power Roles (On people who haven't posted, mind you, and he was trying to get into the game), then start a bandwagon of a whole two people (Now three, I'll be FoS'd surely!). You then OMGUS'd until he and I asked for an explanation, where you switched your vote for, as I like to put it, "No good reason."

Being second on a bandwagon isn't as suspicious as being third (As I am AND you are!)

And voting someone random like that in hopes of getting a lynch today (When there's three votes?!?) is dumb. Maybe if there were a tie and it needed breaking, I'd feel better, and if it were, you know, near the END of the Day. But you basically said that you're voting just to lynch which was vaguely your reason for VOTING Rysith, except WORSE!

Lurking is NOT pro-Town and defense of it is against everything I stand for. I will not change my vote from you, as there is no possible explanation for your reactions other than that you are scum. I'd want more people to talk, but I definitely think SC should be lynched.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: July 22, 2009, 12:02:25 pm »

The Whiteboard
A_Fey_Dwarf : Kashyyk
Cheeetar : Beacon80
JanusTwoFace : A_Fey_Dwarf, Servant Corps
Org : R1ck
Servant Corps : Rysith, SniHjen, webadict
ToonyMan : Alexhans
chaoticjosh : Frelock, Mr.Person
No Lynch: JanusTwoFace

Reminder: Day 1 ends ~9am Thursday Morning (maybe earlier, depending on how early I need to leave for Con)

Also, webadict could use at least one more player for his Vote Mafia game. So I encourage people to go take a look at it.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: July 22, 2009, 12:02:41 pm »

Wow, this is going strong. 

Alex, Josh, and Web are being their usual great mafia player selves.  Not especially suspicious while still scumhunting.  Web especially stops scumhunting with those wonderful lists when he's mafia, so I'm less suspicious of him then I would be normally.

JanusTwoFace talks a lot, analyzes well, and as of yet hasn't said anything which sounds especially scummy to me.

Toonyman hasn't really said much, though he's talked qite a bit.

SniHjen surprised me with that well-analyzed post.  He could be a Dopp or CotGOO, and just trying to throw us off by seeming to scumhunt, but I have a feeling that he's genuine.

Anyhow, vote Twiggle for not having yet posted.

Pre-edit: Hmm, just read Web's accusation of SC.  An interesting analysis.  I'm not certain if SC's a Dopp or CotGOO, but Web does make some good points.
All generalizations are false....including this one.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: July 22, 2009, 12:05:47 pm »

Meph!  You're vote thing is off a bit.  A_Fey_Dwarf was unvoted for and then Org was voted!

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: July 22, 2009, 12:07:02 pm »

Oops I typed "you're" instead of "your".   :P

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: July 22, 2009, 12:11:22 pm »

I missed that. Thanks!

Here is the updated list.

The Whiteboard
Cheeetar : Beacon80
JanusTwoFace : A_Fey_Dwarf, Servant Corps
Org : Kashyyk, R1ck
Servant Corps : Rysith, SniHjen, webadict
ToonyMan : Alexhans
Twiggie : Frelock
chaoticjosh : Frelock, Mr.Person
No Lynch: JanusTwoFace
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 47