Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 16

Author Topic: Mission Room. Done in MSPaint!  (Read 13765 times)

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mission Room. Done in MSPaint!
« Reply #60 on: July 15, 2009, 02:55:39 pm »

Meph, finalize your actions and Barb's actions.
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 15, 2009, 03:02:14 pm »

Barb and I will head to the bunker directly south of us, shooting to take out the last two guys currently visible on the Eastern side.

I'll take up position there and give covering fire against any new enemies that show their heads.

Barb will swing around to the west of the main bunker and assault the inside.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 15, 2009, 04:16:49 pm »

You all need to learn how to draw a line from a person, to their bullets, and onwards, to make sure whether or not someone will be dead next turn.

Strife got to the bunker while Vlynndar took a potshot at one of the gaurds, shortly before Meph's stream of bullets (fired last turn) tore into them. You figure out the areas where the main gun can fire (brown cones).

Mephansteras sprinted south and laid down a quick burst on the guards he saw.

Barbarossa got right up to the door on the bunker and spotted a guard right there behind some sandbags. Deciding not to attack the bunker with an enemy at his back, he waited there.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 15, 2009, 04:24:03 pm »

You all need to learn how to draw a line from a person, to their bullets, and onwards, to make sure whether or not someone will be dead next turn.

I guess I could use some clarification here. How do we determine what the outcome of combat is going to be? Is there some randomness involved? Or is it pretty much a case of 'I can see him so if I shoot at him he's dead'? How does cover effect that? What are their chances of hitting us?

I want to make sure that I'm not in the line of fire of that main gun, so I'll move a hair west.

Oh, and what are the guys I'm attacking armed with?
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!

Jakkarra

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chairman.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 15, 2009, 04:32:34 pm »

hi!

would i be able to join your endevour here? this game looks entertaining.

Vlynndar

• Bay Watcher
  • To the skies! All of them!
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 15, 2009, 05:15:18 pm »

If Barbarossa can open the door, I can lob a grenade in.

And I don't believe I can see the enemy south of him, can I? Neither those on the south part of the main island?

I'll still wait to cross that bridge. The window will also allow fire to travel the other way.

EDIT: Sleeping time. If this gets very active when I'm gone, I'll follow orders.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2009, 05:23:34 pm by Vlynndar »
For that viciously bad pun, I'm gonna introduce a NPC named Vlynndar just so that I can kill him of in a cruel and unusual way.
Watermelons are pretty important.

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 15, 2009, 06:19:57 pm »

*Some clarification*

Players have a 50/50 chance of getting hit when prone, or behind a bunker. This is reduced to no chance when prone behind a bunker, so long as the enemy is on the other side of said bunker.

Enemies are still a little wonky, because this mission was a test run >.>. You guys are guineau pigs as I get things worked out. I'll let you in on a secret, real quick. The people on the island are Group A enemies, with an underpowered combat mechanic, that come in large numbers. Group B is the reverse. A few, overpowerful enemies. They're in the bunker.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 15, 2009, 06:23:29 pm »

Ah, ok.

Slightly revised plan, let's clear out the outside guys first. Then we can have the two pistol-wielders go in first followed by Strife and I (I assume the AKs will be less effective inside.)

If Strife and I could find an angle to shoot into the bunker without being in danger form the artillery, that would work too.
Come play Mafia with us!

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 15, 2009, 08:44:02 pm »

I don't think that cookies would be especially harmed by fragmentation grenades.

I want something like our pistol users give me one grenade, then start banging on the door. I pop the explosive in one of the firing windows, then follow it in spraying.
Even the avatars expire eventually.

Vlynndar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 16, 2009, 03:14:49 am »

I think Barbarossa has two grenades left, I have one.
For that viciously bad pun, I'm gonna introduce a NPC named Vlynndar just so that I can kill him of in a cruel and unusual way.

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 16, 2009, 02:58:35 pm »

Are all your actions final? Or would you like to continue discussing optimum strategy?

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 16, 2009, 03:00:28 pm »

For this round, I'm going to continue firing on the guys outside the main bunker that I can see. Barb will attack the guard to the south of the Main bunker.

Both of us will avoid staying in the line of fire from the Main bunker whenever possible.
Come play Mafia with us!

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 17, 2009, 01:17:25 pm »

Bump!

Vlynndar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 17, 2009, 02:15:01 pm »

If you needed my confirmation: My action is final. 'Scuse me I didn't say so earlier.

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 17, 2009, 09:01:19 pm »

Going to assume Strife's action was final.

Meph put out two bursts on the last two gaurds on the east side of the island.
Barb shot the west guard in the back of the head.
Strife rushed across, and popped open the door (action split) and Vlynndar threw a grenade in.
Strife decided to take some cover instead of running into a small room with a live grenade in it.

You've breached the bunker, but see no cookies. HQ won't be happy. Their artillery piece appears to be nothing more than a glorified grenade launcher, with a telescoping barrel. Victory is obtained once all gaurds are dead. Image is coming shortly.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2009, 09:07:59 pm by sonerohi »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 16