Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 247 248 [249] 250 251 ... 311

Author Topic: HellMOO: Go to heaven for the climate, and hell for the company.  (Read 476365 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: HellMOO: Go to heaven for the climate, and hell for the company.
« Reply #3720 on: November 01, 2010, 07:51:25 pm »

The best early-game craft XP factory is leather berets.  Kill anything human (orphans, crackheads, old people) and "cut skin from corpse".  Use a butcher knife for best effect.  Take it to a sewing machine, and use the recipe to make a leather beret out of each skin.  Then "improv bandage from skin" and turn it into more xp/ip.  Chuck the bandage and repeat.  You can also go behind people killing in those zones and just butcher a bunch.  Be careful in crack mansion and rest home though- you stand a good chance of getting murdered.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Ancient Thingy

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Neighbourhood Axedwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3721 on: November 01, 2010, 07:54:45 pm »

Bibles can be gotten from the corpse of Father Sam, who wanders FC and slagtown. On another note, came 2nd in the candy race with 420 candies B) Niklas got something crazy like 920 candies, though.

Repulsion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3722 on: November 01, 2010, 08:27:47 pm »

What are the candy prizes anyways?
Electrum, pedophilia, and necrophilia at the same time!?

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3723 on: November 01, 2010, 10:45:25 pm »

I just found the hootch recipe lying around somewhere.  They pop up from time to time, I can't really remember where I got it.  I've got at least two of them, not really sure.

And while 40xp a pop is good, Toaster does have a point.  While berets only give 10 xp for making them (and then some amount for improvising bandages, can't really remember), it's far easier to gather a large supply of skins than it is a similar stock of scrap wood.  Oddly, the hootch is probably more useful, at least for those folks with Iron Liver...

I've been thinking a bit about Chud recently.  A few discussions and new information has given me a different viewpoint on the whole subject.  As usual, my first response is to think up a character idea with these new developments.

I've got...  Hrmm, let's see...  About five different character ideas lined up now.  I'm still just playin' me though.  Probably always will.  Now that there's been a bit of Chudtalk recently, there's a chance some changes will occur in the future.  Who knows what I might end up being then.  Still don't really regret taking it, it's been loads of fun.

Nonsapient

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3724 on: November 02, 2010, 12:26:46 pm »

This looks so fucking interesting.  rarely is a Mud able to catch my attention.

Getting into it has been a bit hard though.  I'm having a hard time parsing through all the text I'm presented with before paranoia takes me, and the commands to interact with the environment don't quite seem intuitive to me.  :-/

Ivefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3725 on: November 02, 2010, 12:48:49 pm »

there's a lot of text you can just ignore. Usually any object you can interact with is colored white while descriptive text is just gray.
ex <object> helps but usually you can just get around with get, put, l(look) and kill

Mr. Crane

• Bay Watcher
  • Genetically identical to Hitler
    • View Profile
« Reply #3726 on: November 02, 2010, 12:57:40 pm »

Well, here's a list of shortened phrases I've found so far (and remember at the moment):
e (east)
w (west)
n (north)
s (south)
u (up)
d (down)
app (appraise)
k (kill)
l (look)
x (examine)

Sir Pseudonymous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3727 on: November 02, 2010, 12:58:28 pm »

Yeah, I had those same problems way back when I first started. You get used to parsing the textspam, and there are things you can do to alleviate the worst of it (like turning off chat/tradenet or writing a trigger to shove them into a separate window). Commands eventually make sense, for the most part, though there are still a number of weird problems with them (like schematics not always having their own godfucking name as a usable alias "get 'recipe for a nanite healer'-You pick up the recipe for a portable defibrillator" >:().
I'm all for eating the heart of your enemies to gain their courage though.

Mr. Crane

• Bay Watcher
  • Genetically identical to Hitler
    • View Profile
« Reply #3728 on: November 02, 2010, 01:24:07 pm »

Haha, yeah that one's always a bitch. Like to buy a diagram for a leather beret, neither leather nor beret seemed to work for it. Only the full name in quotes. Oh, incidentally, I've heard that you cannot grind beyond 6 raw. Is that right?

Ivefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3729 on: November 02, 2010, 01:37:34 pm »

max grind is to 6 raw, correct

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #3730 on: November 02, 2010, 02:10:48 pm »

What are the limits on stat grinding?  I know it's 70 gym IP per mut slot, plus whatever it is you start with, and 18 raw max per stat, but I thought I heard somewhere you could only get 8 stat points past base.  Did I mishear something?

I'm pondering coming up with a mobile craft station.  Put whichever workbench you need at the time in a gyrocopter, then fly out to whatever material you need at the time for quick access.  You'd need a good lock on it, at least.  It'd be good for certain heavy materials to cut down on transport time (scrap wood from Lurleen for hootch, blacksmith forge near the mine, etc.)  I'm already using my "I won't be on for long but I want to knock out some IP" grind on pilot, so combined with me finally starting on grinding brains, I should be a decent pilot soon (12 and counting now).  Anyone have any suggestions on this?

Also, if anyone knows where the link whip schem from the HQ went, I'd love to know.  I have the chains- I just need the schem so I can make it and get past 4 raw in whip.  Damned phage lab zombies kick my ass.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Ivefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3731 on: November 02, 2010, 02:34:51 pm »

starting with 330 or something like that. 19 mut slots so 19*70+330/100 and you got the absolute max stats.
and no clue about the link whip.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3732 on: November 02, 2010, 04:26:19 pm »

You can grind with the venom lash as well, but its suboptimal.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Apple Master

• Bay Watcher
  • The Master of Apples. IT IS AN APPLE
    • View Profile
« Reply #3733 on: November 02, 2010, 05:06:13 pm »

I'm burnt out, i guess.
Really can't be bothered to log on, even though I know it's fun n stuff.
)':
PSN: SirAppleforth. Add me and say you're from Bay12!

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3734 on: November 02, 2010, 05:15:59 pm »

Apple, at least give the stuff in your apt to someone. I could use some of that stuff in my prion, and we could use some of the rest of the stuff you got for crafting.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.
Pages: 1 ... 247 248 [249] 250 251 ... 311