Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 248 249 [250] 251 252 ... 311

Author Topic: HellMOO: Go to heaven for the climate, and hell for the company.  (Read 476341 times)

rawr359

• Bay Watcher
  • dude
    • View Profile
Re: HellMOO: Go to heaven for the climate, and hell for the company.
« Reply #3735 on: November 02, 2010, 05:18:37 pm »

I'm burnt out, i guess.
Really can't be bothered to log on, even though I know it's fun n stuff.
)':

Happened to me. Find a new game for me to follow you to!
/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3736 on: November 02, 2010, 05:52:20 pm »

I'm burnt out, i guess.
Really can't be bothered to log on, even though I know it's fun n stuff.
)':

Play some Cortex Command.  I just got lured back into it recently.  It's fantastic stress-relief, and it's just an all-round good toy to play with for those times when you need something different.  We've got a fairly powerful thread on it going around here somewhere.

Honestly, I've never seen rubble piles in games look so beautiful before.  That game has unequivocally the best carnage I've ever seen in a computer program.

nuker w

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3737 on: November 02, 2010, 10:16:21 pm »

Yea, I also have a serious case of burn-out. Found a game to keep my attention on till i'm back and ready.

Apple Master

• Bay Watcher
  • The Master of Apples. IT IS AN APPLE
    • View Profile
« Reply #3738 on: November 03, 2010, 03:47:12 am »

ah yes, cortex command.
<3 dat game.
PSN: SirAppleforth. Add me and say you're from Bay12!

Mr. Crane

• Bay Watcher
  • Genetically identical to Hitler
    • View Profile
« Reply #3739 on: November 03, 2010, 09:58:54 am »

Is it at all feasable to make a char who has some focus skills, but is also a jammer? (I'm attempting to make an Inquisitor sort of character)
« Last Edit: November 03, 2010, 11:00:46 am by Mr. Crane »

Mr. Crane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3740 on: November 03, 2010, 10:03:57 am »

Another question. Eelskin makes you more thirsty, camelfat makes you less. Would taking both put you back at normal thirstyness?

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3741 on: November 03, 2010, 10:18:46 am »

Mutually exclusive. Also, edit is your friend.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Mr. Crane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3742 on: November 03, 2010, 10:42:11 am »

Damn. (And duly noted on the edit)
Basically, I'm just kinda wondering if the knife defense from Eelskin is worth being thirsty all the time.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2010, 11:23:43 am by Mr. Crane »

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3743 on: November 03, 2010, 11:45:13 am »

The tier two skin soaks aren't really there for the soaks, but the other benefits. Eel provides swimming buffs, grab escapes, and some other things. The soaks are incidental.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Mr. Crane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3744 on: November 03, 2010, 12:16:34 pm »

Ah, okay, so Litho is more for resisting brain damage and limb breaks, and so on? Makes sense. Any clue on my focus question, though? I can work around eelskin, but the focus thing is kind of what the char I'm thinking of is built around.

devek

• Bay Watcher
  • [KILL_EVERYTHING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3745 on: November 03, 2010, 12:30:55 pm »

Litho is great, it acts like a huge buff in endurance which is very important.
"Why do people rebuild things that they know are going to be destroyed? Why do people cling to life when they know they can't live forever?"

Mr. Crane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3746 on: November 03, 2010, 12:32:20 pm »

Oh yes, I'm totally going with Litho. It's useful as your left atrium, and the debuffs are easily negated by Salamander. Kickass right there. Oh, besides the obvious buffs to skills needing it, drug use, and muscle fatigue, what's high endurance do?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #3747 on: November 03, 2010, 12:46:16 pm »

Is it at all feasable to make a char who has some focus skills, but is also a jammer? (I'm attempting to make an Inquisitor sort of character)

A -10 buff to your main skill will put you at a huge disadvantage, especially since some of the higher tier focus skills need it pretty high.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3748 on: November 03, 2010, 01:26:30 pm »

Yeah, the -10 really makes jammer-focus characters a no-go.  Especially since jammer screws up your focus more than that of those around you.  And like Toast said, some skills need it rather high to function properly.

And high endurance also apparently makes it possible to withstand more extreme temperatures for longer, and (maybe) reduces either the time spent stunned or your lilkelihood of being stunned (at least from physical sources.  Don't quote me on this though).

Mr. Crane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3749 on: November 03, 2010, 01:32:30 pm »

Would it be enough to safely use Carrie, spew, and phase? That's about as high in the skills as I'd go (bad luck + blink = not fun). The stun resist I think is true, as I've had several people wonder at my fail endurance when I get knocked out from a single good shot to the head. Never heard of the temp thing, though. That would be interesting to test. I might try testing it next time I'm on.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2010, 02:13:07 pm by Mr. Crane »
Pages: 1 ... 248 249 [250] 251 252 ... 311