Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9

Author Topic: Survival of the Fittest. (Lights on, or lights out?)  (Read 13990 times)

Flintus10

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Survival of the Fittest. (There can Obi Wan)
« Reply #105 on: July 13, 2009, 07:55:31 pm »

I will inspect the room carefully and look for anything else I could use. (while avoiding the knife)

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: July 14, 2009, 03:34:33 am »

I search the shelves and the pots and pans while keeping an eye out for anything.  I read the label of the pesticide and the labels on the canned food.  I also listen for anything that may come.
The canned food has no dates on them, but the cans are rusty. You don't think you should eat that. It looks bad for you. (Nonsense!)
The pots and pans are empty. It's obviously a room for dishwashing and food-storage. The pesticide is of the really nasty kind, there's whole lists of cautions, disclaimers, and the general gist is you should not use it while humans are within a range of 100 meters. You hear a yelp coming from inside the house.

I will inspect the room carefully and look for anything else I could use. (while avoiding the knife)
There's a table. With dead people around it. And cutlery. And plates and glasses. And chairs. And a broken lawn-chair on top of the table.
The knife still waves near the door, then turns around towards the table.
It stops, startled. It cautiously moves towards you.

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

Archangel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: July 14, 2009, 03:35:10 am »

Look around the garden for potential weapons and ways to burn down the evil house.
There's about 25 of the fuckers and the three sarge killed were at point blank range - it's got to be zombies or a bunch of really dumb terrorists with knives.
My full sig

Luckk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: July 14, 2009, 01:52:12 pm »

I use the bamboo stick to test the door leading to the front of the house for anything in it and try to open it with the stick.  If the doesn't work and nothing looks suspicious about the door, I use the the palm of my hand to open the door.  I want to look around for anything moving/living in the current room for precaution.  I also don't enter the room where the door leads if anything is moving in there. Lastly, I put the pesticide gently down on the shelves and gently put a pot or pan large enough over it to make sure it doesn't explode and do anything to me.

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: July 14, 2009, 03:40:05 pm »

Look around the garden for potential weapons and ways to burn down the evil house.
Well, theres thorn bushes, and statues of people, all holding a rock in their hands, in various states of utter agony. Theres also a few lounge chairs, and a table. A ripple-less pond is near the front of the house. You guess the bushes are a bit too moist to set fire on.
But lo and behold! A bit further to the back there is a small cantilever roof next to the house, with a big collection of utterly dry firewood! Setting it on fire would require kindle, paper or gasoline, and a lighter or matches, though.

I use the bamboo stick to test the door leading to the front of the house for anything in it and try to open it with the stick.  If the doesn't work and nothing looks suspicious about the door, I use the the palm of my hand to open the door.  I want to look around for anything moving/living in the current room for precaution.  I also don't enter the room where the door leads if anything is moving in there. Lastly, I put the pesticide gently down on the shelves and gently put a pot or pan large enough over it to make sure it doesn't explode and do anything to me.

The door acts inconspicuous. You eye it warily, suspecting danger, but it's unmoveable in its innocence. Finally, you open it, and see a kitchen. Theres a large counter, a big oven, dirty dishes that haven't been washed in 50 years, and a small table with two chairs. The kitchen utensils and apparatus all seem a bit old-fashioned, there's hardly any electric machines, except for a toaster and a dishwasher.

You put the pesticide away, and cover it. It doesn't seem to want to escape and stays like a good boy.

YAY HOLIDAY!
This is going on hiatus, for 2.5 weeks! If you're looking for me, I'll be on a french beach, drinking wine, eating croissants, and shaking from internet-withdrawal. You will die another day.

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
Re: Survival of the Fittest. (On hiatus till August 1st)
« Reply #110 on: August 01, 2009, 06:45:11 am »

And we're back.

Allright, post your actions!

A hint for the overcautious: Noone has been killed by random objects while inside the house, yet...

Luckk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Survival of the Fittest. (It is back.)
« Reply #111 on: August 01, 2009, 02:27:47 pm »

I open the dishwasher while not looking inside in fear of flying utensils.  Then look in there carefully and inspect the rest of the kitchen so as not to get injured.

Zai

• Bay Watcher
  • Elmo? Is that a SIMPLE UTENSIL?
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: August 01, 2009, 07:55:34 pm »

A hint for the overcautious: Noone has been killed by random objects while inside the house, yet...

Archangel almost did. ;)

I turn around to see what's happened. If I can see a chainsaw (as I should be able to), I throw my knife back into the the dining room, throwing it at where a person would be if they were holding the chainsaw. If I cannot, I throw it at the door that had opened and closed (and opened again I think). I try to pick up the hatchet and if I can, hold it firmly.
DEATH has been waiting for you. He has poured you some TEA.

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: August 02, 2009, 12:21:02 am »

I open the dishwasher while not looking inside in fear of flying utensils.  Then look in there carefully and inspect the rest of the kitchen so as not to get injured.

The dishwasher is nearly empty, and only contains two glasses. None of which is flying.
The rest of the kitchen also seems fairly inanimate, and you're pretty sure you won't be hurt by anything, unless you hurt yourself on purpose.

I turn around to see what's happened. If I can see a chainsaw (as I should be able to), I throw my knife back into the the dining room, throwing it at where a person would be if they were holding the chainsaw. If I cannot, I throw it at the door that had opened and closed (and opened again I think). I try to pick up the hatchet and if I can, hold it firmly.

You see a floating chainsaw and a floating knife, as you expected. You throw the steak-knife at the air behind the chainsaw, and it bumps into something! A steak-knife is not nearly heavy enough to be used as a throwing-knife, so whatever you hit is unhurt by it.
You pick up the hatchet. It feels solid and heavy. You hold it firmly.

Zai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: August 03, 2009, 11:31:46 am »

A steak-knife is not nearly heavy enough to be used as a throwing-knife, so whatever you hit is unhurt by it.

Bah! Where I'm from, you throw a knife at something, it at least gets cut. >=O

Anyways. I walk over to the television and attempt to turn it on.

Luckk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: August 03, 2009, 02:43:23 pm »

I carefully search for a room I haven't been in and check the door to make sure its safe if it leads somewhere new before going in.

Flintus10

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: August 03, 2009, 09:42:38 pm »

>:(

I swing my chainsaw wildly where the steak knife was thrown from!

Zai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: August 03, 2009, 09:47:14 pm »

No need to be so violent, Flintus. I was trying to hit the Obi Wan guy. I thought he might be behind you. =)

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: August 04, 2009, 02:43:07 am »

Bah! Where I'm from, you throw a knife at something, it at least gets cut. >=O

Anyways. I walk over to the television and attempt to turn it on.
The invisible man was hit by the hilt of the knife. A steak-knife rotates wildly in flight giving you roughly a 50% chance to hit it with the sharp end. It's a small knife to cut meat with. Cutlery. Civilised. Not a crocodile dundee rambo hunting knife. ;)

You turn on the television. It shows snow. The snow is... hypnotising. You see vague figures moving in the snow. You can't really make out their faces, but they stop and look directly at you. They seem to be talking but you can't hear them over the noise.

I carefully search for a room I haven't been in and check the door to make sure its safe if it leads somewhere new before going in.

You open the other kitchen door. It opens into a hallway. There is light burning somewhere upstairs. The door directly across from the hall is open. You can see shards on the floor in that room, a floating, wildly swinging chainsaw and a floating, waving knife that lunges at the chainsaw. You hear a cry of pain.

>:(

I swing my chainsaw wildly where the steak knife was thrown from!

You are hit by a flying knife in your arm, but it does no damage!

You swing your chainsaw wildly in the direction of the next room, but the room is too far to hit anything. You see light as if from a tv flickering in the next room. You suddenly realize you still haven't turned the chainsaw on. You did not notice before as you are still deaf. The floating knife, at first a bit startled by the flying knife, takes the opportunity to lunge at you! It stabs you in the upper arm! You cry out in pain, but you can't hear yourself scream.

Zai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Survival of the Fittest. (Fight in progress, First Blood, and snow.)
« Reply #119 on: August 04, 2009, 01:22:37 pm »

I try to slice and destroy the TV with my hatchet's blade, starting with the TV screen.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9