Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 65

Author Topic: SparkGear 3 - With A Vengeance [Now with Dig Deeper] [OVER]  (Read 119899 times)

Aldaris

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIBERAL] [WANNABE_DORF] [CAVE_ADAPTED]
    • View Profile
Re: SparkGear 3 - With A Vengeance [Now with Dig Deeper] [Sign up now]
« Reply #225 on: July 10, 2009, 09:06:16 am »

Whoever is next: HAVE FUN!
Althought the fort is somewhat functional, I did basicaly no actual management, you may want to look into that.
I didn't do any fort management, it even fits with my character, he's a soapmaker, after all.
but Baron Aqizzar had the firm advantage, battering Cthulhu with his Mighty Chin.
^Totally not out of context, promise.
The Liberal Crime Squad Community game, now with a Liberal Overdose of Liberally aplied Liberalism. -Liberally. (UBER-Hiatus, next update somewhere between now and 2012.)

abculatter_2

• Bay Watcher
  • HOPE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: July 10, 2009, 10:16:58 am »

Whoever is next: HAVE FUN!
Althought the fort is somewhat functional, I did basicaly no actual management, you may want to look into that.
I didn't do any fort management, it even fits with my character, he's a soapmaker, after all.

That's why I'm yelling at you.
Don't think of it as being besieged by thralls/husks, think of it as having your own personal moat of life hating mutilated menaces

Now wall yourself in quickly

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: July 10, 2009, 01:22:13 pm »

Moar update!

abculatter_2

• Bay Watcher
  • HOPE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: July 10, 2009, 01:26:16 pm »

Moar update!

I lowered the drawbridge and everyone died. The end.

I could try to play it again, but damn that fortress was really living up to it's name of "the fortress of failure"
Don't think of it as being besieged by thralls/husks, think of it as having your own personal moat of life hating mutilated menaces

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: July 10, 2009, 01:34:17 pm »

...How could everyone die of just one drawbridge lowering? I smell fowl play!

nahkh

• Bay Watcher
  • Gentleman adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: July 10, 2009, 01:52:47 pm »

>_<

I'm gonna have to call veto on that turn. No killing the fort on purpose, please. Shame on you, abculatter.

As for the management issues, WTF? I left the fort with ~300 drinks, more than enough food, with magma forges set up. What the fuck happened?

I'm curious as to why this fortress is more prone to people intentionally fucking it up. It's way more fun if it happens accidentally, plus intentional fuck-upery just pisses everyone off.
I wonder if I'm doing something different than the previous ones. I think I'm going to curse at you more. It's either that or is the appeal of the SG style wearing off? Fuck no. It's you players. I need some new ones.

SparkGear Demands Fresh Blood!

Daisy, Daisy, give me your answer do.
I'm half crazy all for the love of you.
It won't be a stylish marriage,
I can't afford a carriage
But you will look sweet upon the seat
of a bicycle built for two.

abculatter_2

• Bay Watcher
  • HOPE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: July 10, 2009, 01:58:55 pm »

>_<

I'm gonna have to call veto on that turn. No killing the fort on purpose, please. Shame on you, abculatter.

Shame on me.

I'm curious as to why this fortress is more prone to people intentionally fucking it up. It's way more fun if it happens accidentally, plus intentional fuck-upery just pisses everyone off.
I wonder if I'm doing something different than the previous ones. I think I'm going to curse at you more. It's either that or is the appeal of the SG style wearing off? Fuck no. It's you players. I need some new ones.

I think that it's the fort. It's turned into a disorganized, unmanageable mess (or maybe it always was...) with unfinished projects everywhere in varying levels of completeness.

nahkh

• Bay Watcher
  • Gentleman adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: July 10, 2009, 02:05:18 pm »

Huh. For some reason it didn't bother me in the slightest. I could easily figure out where everything was, what worked and what didn't. Of course, I didn't try anything hard, like opening the gates.
Whenever I saw a project I didn't know the purpose for, I just ignored it and worked my way around it. Served me well.

... Looking at the fortress from that angle, I guess you have a point. Looks like it needs some major reorganization.
Would you mind uploading the most recent map (without your "hai guise let's have a picnic outside!" -move)?
After you have it up I'd like to ask everyone who's played on the fort to leave PoIs explaining what their projects are for. I'll then compile some kind of a to-do list or maybe even go the save over and fix/clarify/Note everything that needs it.

The booze situation sounds really bad though. We have next to no wood, and if the barrels are all holding useless crap noone cares about the fort will go sober for a _long_ while. Worst case - I'll roll back to before Aldaris' save and fix the fort from there.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: July 10, 2009, 02:05:58 pm »

!!BLOOD!!

abculatter_2

• Bay Watcher
  • HOPE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: July 10, 2009, 02:09:14 pm »

Huh. For some reason it didn't bother me in the slightest. I could easily figure out where everything was, what worked and what didn't. Of course, I didn't try anything hard, like opening the gates.
Whenever I saw a project I didn't know the purpose for, I just ignored it and worked my way around it. Served me well.

... Looking at the fortress from that angle, I guess you have a point. Looks like it needs some major reorganization.
Would you mind uploading the most recent map (without your "hai guise let's have a picnic outside!" -move)?
After you have it up I'd like to ask everyone who's played on the fort to leave PoIs explaining what their projects are for. I'll then compile some kind of a to-do list or maybe even go the save over and fix/clarify/Note everything that needs it.

The booze situation sounds really bad though. We have next to no wood, and if the barrels are all holding useless crap noone cares about the fort will go sober for a _long_ while. Worst case - I'll roll back to before Aldaris' save and fix the fort from there.

Aldaris' save is currently the most recent save. I'll get a map up in a bit...

Also, the booze shortage isn't a problem, it's just that nobody told the dwarves to more more.

nahkh

• Bay Watcher
  • Gentleman adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: July 10, 2009, 02:10:46 pm »

I'm pretty sure I left standing orders to brew stuff. If they stopped it's because we ran out of barrels.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: July 10, 2009, 02:11:30 pm »

You realize what this means of course...gold barrels!

abculatter_2

• Bay Watcher
  • HOPE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: July 10, 2009, 02:13:29 pm »

You realize what this means of course...gold barrels!

The only gold I saw on the entire map was from a dead caravan. Though I didn't do much digging.

There's quite a bit of zinc and copper though.

nahkh

• Bay Watcher
  • Gentleman adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: July 10, 2009, 02:14:44 pm »

... damn I'm stupid. Metal barrels. Of course.
I don't think we have gold, just ortoclase, but we've got plenty of scrap metal. Zinc barrels, here we come!
(Come to think of it, DD has a composite metal called Nordic gold. Anyone know what that is? Copper-Aluminium? EDIT: Oh, it's the stuff some euro coins are made of. 89% copper, 5% aluminium, 5% zinc, and 1% tin.)

About the map thing. When you post a PoI, make sure the name is so descriptive that it would be easy to identify. If you still remember the year it was built, include it in the PoI text.
Speculating or commenting on other people's projects is allowed, but add the text "Spec:" in front of the PoI name. This allows for others to easily see which PoI's describe the true purpose behind a construction, and which don't.

Is that too confusing for you?

Example:
There is an unknown lever that is currently in the "activated"-position. If it was made by me, here's what I would post:
Name:"Lever in north corridor, near the unfinished hall"
Text:"I used this lever to trigger a support to fall, cutting off the magma flow. It's unnecessary now, you can remove or reuse it."

Now suppose I wasn't the person who built it, and was curious as to what it was. I could post:
Name: "Spec: Mysterious lever in the north corridor"
Text: "Does this lever connect to anything in particular? I was too afraid to touch it."

(As for why "Spec:"? Speculation or Spectator or whatever. Just a randomly selected tag.)
« Last Edit: July 10, 2009, 02:27:01 pm by nahkh »

abculatter_2

• Bay Watcher
  • HOPE!
    • View Profile

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 65