Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: The Vanilla Dream (5x5 map w/everything)(+AHK WORLDGEN SCRIPT!)  (Read 18190 times)

cyks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The underground river is indeed very large and populated.  I think it is lowering my FPS a bit.

Martin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hopefully this embark is worth the troubles to some people.

Absolutely. This will be the map for my post-Morul challenge.

GFXiNXS

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

After reading up on Morul, I have concluded this venture will be of epic proportions. I can't wait to see what you have in mind :)

I'm curious as to how different people will go about making the most of all these resources/features.
Intel i7 980X 6-Cores @ 3.8GHz
6GB DDR3 8-8-8-24 @ 2000MHz
Radeon 5970 - Stock Clocks

Martin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Not sure how epic it will be, but it will be a design and management challenge, with a megaproject thrown in. Different than Morul, and hopefully the basis for a future bloodline game if it works out.

GFXiNXS

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Dwarven Dream (6x6 Site with *everything*) (NEW 5x5 MAP INCLUDED)
« Reply #49 on: July 01, 2009, 07:50:37 am »

Rather than posting a new topic every time I find a decent site, I'll just update this one instead to save clutter.

New 5x5 map with everything. 100% Vanilla DF.

Have at it.

aklyatne

• Bay Watcher
  • Menaces with spikes of, well, spikes.
    • View Profile
    • Stumbleupon profile

I genned the world with orc mod and the cat fix.  Naturally, the world is completely different, but I still found a 5x5 site with everything.  How do I tell if Elves are at war?

Also, most of the map in my gen doesn't have an aquifier :p  The strange thing about that is, though, that the aquifier is on the surface!  There's a bunch of red sand on the surface, and the red sand is the aquifier!  This will be interesting.
Edit again...

Saltwater?  This will be fun.  First saltwater map I'll be playing.  Pumps desalinate water, yes?
« Last Edit: July 01, 2009, 12:12:27 pm by aklyatne »
Don't even bother with trying to sp-
You have struck Alunite!
-ell my username.  Just type Ak or something.

Martin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Any chance of posting a reveal of the new location on DFMA? I'm trying to see if it'd be suitable for my next project.

AtomicPaperclip

• Bay Watcher
  • Who names their kid dagger anyway?
    • View Profile

I genned the world with orc mod and the cat fix.  Naturally, the world is completely different, but I still found a 5x5 site with everything.  How do I tell if Elves are at war?

Also, most of the map in my gen doesn't have an aquifier :p  The strange thing about that is, though, that the aquifier is on the surface!  There's a bunch of red sand on the surface, and the red sand is the aquifier!  This will be interesting.
Edit again...

Saltwater?  This will be fun.  First saltwater map I'll be playing.  Pumps desalinate water, yes?

Yes, be sure to pump them into something constructed though, no natural walls.

Check the civilization list on the embark screen and where the red ------ is should be WAR I think.

I can't believe you found ANOTHER map.

It's 40d11 though, so no reveal T.T
« Last Edit: July 01, 2009, 02:46:07 pm by AtomicPaperclip »
Dear Toady: Keep up the good work man, we appreciate you and the game beyond words.

aklyatne

• Bay Watcher
  • Menaces with spikes of, well, spikes.
    • View Profile
    • Stumbleupon profile

I've got one better than war with elves in my gen; there are no elves at all!  For some of you, that's not a good thing, but I prefer extinct elves over fighting elves.
Don't even bother with trying to sp-
You have struck Alunite!
-ell my username.  Just type Ak or something.

Martin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Map works fine in 40d.

And with Orcs in the mix, I too have no elves.

Rashilul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

This is a dwarven dream. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is encircled with bands of elves, humans, kobolds, goblins, dwarves, and war. It has hanging rings of Flux stones, Aquifer, brook, underground river, underground pool, magma pool, magma pipe, chasm, bottomless pit, HFS, sand, trees, and sedimentary rock. It menaces with spikes of vanilla and pure awesomeness

GFXiNXS

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Actually I do have a functioning reveal (Vista/Win 7 fix by 0x517A5D). Just on my way to work but I have the compressed maps on my thumb drive. I'll upload them within an hour or so when I get there.

I can't believe you found ANOTHER map.

Yeah, further up someone mentioned AutoHotKey. I don't know how, in all my years perusing the internet, I failed to come accross this. With my limited and somewhat haphazard programming experience (and via the wiki) I put together a program that gens worlds whilst clearing out the save directory after every 9th world and only stops running when the scan finds everything.

I would post this, but as of current it is designed specifically for the way I have things set up, and only scans for every feature. I'm working on making this more versatile (reading colour scheme and tileset dimensions from the init and having selectable features). With work as it is, this may or may not be released  ::)

SenorOcho

• Bay Watcher
  • Strategy Gamer
    • View Profile

So many Z-levels, what a management nightmare.  So much of that mountain is practically a cliff. Should be interesting.  ;D
With the elves at war, how early do they show up?

ousire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

so my version of DF is completly unmodded, i can just slap this baby on and get an awsome world with all features?

GFXiNXS

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Thats the idea, yeah :)

Just throw the world gen parametres in your world_gen.txt and all should be merry :)

Users of the Mayday DFG will come up with altered mineral layouts, though.

EDIT: I'm also curious. Does anyone know what the waterfall within the chasm is all about? It generates on a granite layer deep down so it can't be the aquifer ???
« Last Edit: July 01, 2009, 11:58:39 pm by GFXiNXS »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5