Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: The Vanilla Dream (5x5 map w/everything)(+AHK WORLDGEN SCRIPT!)  (Read 18191 times)

Nonsapient

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I have to say,  this is a really rad location.  When I genned it I didn't get the sand,  but I rather like it.

Masennus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

About the added reactions:

There appear to be some extra stones added to the list of "economic" stone. These added stones don't have a use listed. It took me a little while to figure out why my carpenter wanted to build his shop out of precious wood when we had perfectly good orpiment nearby.

Orpiment is not ore or flux (as far as I know) but it was (and I assume others were) on the economic stone list anyway.

I haven't found anything else out of the ordinary yet.
i mean, what kind of military gives people weapons straight off and tells them to go hit each other with them, with no proper training.
The same guys that think its a good idea to make magmafalls.

Elvang

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

If he was using Mayday's when he generated this then every stone is listed on the economic list. I don't remember if it comes with any other changes other than some key rebindings...
The Practicalities of Fire Imp Defense
Tileset fonts for dfterm/telnet
Win 0.34.11 SDL with 7 binary patched bugfixes
Quote from: They Dig
I have come here to drink booze and breach HFS... and I'm all out of booze.

GFXiNXS

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yeah, unfortunately that seems to be the case :-\

Seems I tried the DFG, and upon realising how much I hated graphics over sweet, sweet ASCII, I reverted everything without making a clean install. I didn't notice anything pertaining to altered raws on the Mayday website, though maybe I'm just not looking hard enough (again, I'm at work, and general perusing of the internet is frowned upon).
Intel i7 980X 6-Cores @ 3.8GHz
6GB DDR3 8-8-8-24 @ 2000MHz
Radeon 5970 - Stock Clocks

DorfDorfingdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So, according to the OP, we need to have those raws when we gen the world. What about if we don't gen it? Can I, with my shockingly-vanilla DF, download and play the map (sans embark) without those raws?

If so, can someone please upload the basic map folder / zip?
<quote>... the first migration gets conscripted to the "Quarry Security Force" which will be known as QuiSF because I like the name AND I MAKE THE RULES AROUND HERE!</quote>

Elvang

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

If you download the map and try to play it with vanilla DF you'll get errors. If you generate it based on the world_gen info then you'll get something similar but not quite the same as the OP's embark.

GFXiNXS

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

If you look in the op post, there should be a download link. You will, however, have to throw in the included raws for it to work :(

I have set it to overwrite the raws and throw the region folder to the correct location when you extract it to the main DF directory.

Probably the easiest way to go about this would to be to make a new clean DF folder and extract the downloaded file to that selecting "replace" when necessary.

I wish I'd known about the mayday raw changes prior  >:( - Oh well, off the find the vanilla dream...

Elvang

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Its easier to find a site with specific features if you batch generate worlds and then have a script go through them all over night. AHK works great for this, the longest part will be waiting for the finder to finish.

GFXiNXS

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

True, though that partly takes the fun out of it for me. Finding fun locations in my dry periods at work so that I can rush home with a spring in my step is one of my few pleasures at the moment.

Some people rush home to put their feet up and crack open a beer. I rush home to bust out my thumb drive and mess around with funky maps in Dwarf fortress :)

GameHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Any chance of an explanation as to what changes are included in the raws?

GFXiNXS

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

No worries.

The body_catmouth.txt and creature_domestic.txt fix the "Cat cancels Store Item in Stockpile: Too injured." bug.
There is a wiki article explaining it here:
http://www.dwarffortresswiki.net/index.php/Cat_cancels_Store_Item_in_Stockpile:_Too_injured

As for reaction_all_economic.txt. This is an explanation I found on the DFFD:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

And reaction_standard.txt... ok, upon reviewing that, nothing seems to have changed and you can probably ignore that.

I'll update the op post accordingly :)

Elvang

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I don't know what all requires a regen if you edit it... but here is a list of all the files that are changed in mayday's mod.

Spoiler: Changed Files (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Removed Files (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Added Files (click to show/hide)
Main thing you'll want to look at is any entry that starts with \raw\, namely the one at the bottom of added files, and all of the ones in changed files.

Also... isn't the removal of optipng's license a violation since the program itself is still included?
Quote from: optipng license.txt
3. This notice may not be removed or altered from any source distribution.

GFXiNXS

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

From what I understand, and correct me if I am mistaken (modding isn't really my thing, but I've been around long enough to make sense of a few things), is that those changed files basically alter and reference which tile to use from the graphical sets included in the mayday package.

Testing with just those raw's included, I can confirm that this works on a vanilla fresh install.

Masennus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

From what I understand, and correct me if I am mistaken (modding isn't really my thing, but I've been around long enough to make sense of a few things), is that those changed files basically alter and reference which tile to use from the graphical sets included in the mayday package.

Testing with just those raw's included, I can confirm that this works on a vanilla fresh install.

I can also confirm that it works on a fresh vanilla install with the raws included. But my dogs and cats and horses don't have a letter, they're just a half a tile of brown or red for puppies/kitties/foals.
i mean, what kind of military gives people weapons straight off and tells them to go hit each other with them, with no proper training.
The same guys that think its a good idea to make magmafalls.

GFXiNXS

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yeah, found the problem, updating the DFFD downloads now. Hopefully this embark is worth the troubles to some people.

To those who download this, please report any further problems (if any).

Cheers.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5