Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 146 147 [148] 149 150 ... 204

Author Topic: The "Forgotten the name of this game?" thread. Ask here to prevent clutter.  (Read 376148 times)

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The "Forgotten the name of this game?" thread. Ask here to prevent clutter.
« Reply #2205 on: January 07, 2016, 07:22:11 pm »

Sheeeeeeeit.  Remembered a game I never actually played personally, but that I watched my cousin playing back in the day.  As such, time period is mid-to-late nineties, possibly early 00's.  Third-person perspective and medieval-fantasy type setting, of sorts.  Console, either Dreamcast or Playstation.

I don't recall much of the game, but there were distinct horror elements.  If I remember correctly, the general theme was that there was this great magical plague that had affected the kingdom and transformed people into hideous mutated monsters.  There was a particular scene where the protagonist and... I think his daughter? Maybe? Some young person... Venture into a kind of refugee village of the infected.  They'd apparently retained enough humanity to not go ballistic at first sight.

There's a touching moment when Young Person A is gently offered a flower by Mutated Root-for-an-eye Infected Child, when suddenly some idiot in your care pulls a mandrake from the ground and the village finally does go ballistic (I seem to remember there being some link between the screaming roots and the disease, like the people were kind of half-vegetable and reacted poorly to the root's "pain"), leading to a big fight where you're surrounded by big mutie thugs.

I seem to also recall a later savefile where you're wandering around in a castle and there are more infected people wandering around, but these looked a bit more like the upper torsos of people crawling around and dragging along their long flat tails.  Slug-mermaids, basically.

It's really pissing me off that Google has been utterly useless thus far in finding a hint towards what the hell this game was.

Actually wait, it's not Sword of the Berserk: Guts' Rage, is it?
Not entirely related, but the sword the player character is wielding around the 5:00 mark on, wasn't that sword an unlockable in Power Stone 2? I swear I got that sword once. I think it too was called the Dragon Slayer.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2206 on: January 15, 2016, 06:14:30 pm »

Double-posting, because this is an actual FtNotG.

It was mentioned here on this board a few months ago, I remember I said I'd check it out once I got my PC upgraded since the minimum system requirements were higher than what I had at the moment. It was an MMO where you could build things, it had a top-down isometric view, I think there was only a female player character available at the time(which may have changed since). I've searched as far back as fifty pages on this board, and it's far more recent than the fiftieth page.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #2207 on: January 16, 2016, 06:05:55 am »

An MMO where you can build things. Boy does that narrow it down. :P

Can you remember what setting it was, and what the graphics looked like?
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2208 on: January 16, 2016, 06:37:18 am »

An MMO where you can build things. Boy does that narrow it down. :P

Can you remember what setting it was, and what the graphics looked like?

If I had something that I could compare the graphics to, I probably wouldn't need to ask. Anyway, it was a medieval-style setting, with castles and such that player can build. I remember the trailer had the character going around fighting wolves and bears, and foraging plants. Then crafting stuff from that and eventually ending up with a castle with a functioning drawbridge. As I said, it was a top-down, isometric 2D perspective.

I'm starting to think the topic was deleted, since searching for some of the things I said about it brings up nothing.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2209 on: January 16, 2016, 04:12:38 pm »

Are you sure it wasn't a dream?  :P

<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2210 on: January 16, 2016, 05:39:06 pm »

Are you sure it wasn't a dream?  :P

I was starting to think so, but I found it: Wild Terra. Proof of existence.

However, it might be dead, since the first website I found for it was a wall of advertisements. PRE-EDIT: Nope, found it.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #2211 on: January 28, 2016, 02:56:42 am »

Sorry for the bop, but this has been nagging me for quite some time.

It's a game I played sometime in the early 2000's, when I was...~10? Sometime around that, anyway.
Quote from: Vague details by memory
It's a space-shooter game. On the PC.
I don't know the terms of the graphics, but its pretty much like Metal Slug (pixel-ish).
Player 1 has a tiny triangular ship, the hull is gray, the wings and nose(probably?) are crimson red. The shape was triangular but the structure was ovalesque.
There was an option to have 2 players in the game--the 2nd player was a light-blue colored version of player 1 [with uncertainty if there was a difference of structure. I bet there was but memory is hazy]
There were powerups that helped your shooting that came in...those glowy geometric shapes, with a letter representing a vague idea of that powerup.
The enemies came in the usual shooter patterns, though there were times where...there were blockades or walls just floating in space. The background sometimes had a platform or station in the background in the usual metallic-gray, sometimes with designs.
I sorta remember the first boss as a kind of angled light-blue ship which had an obvious gun-port in the middle, seemingly enclosed on both sides, which fired a nice blue ray at you as the boss drifted back and forth in the middle.
It...was very fun and one of the first shooter games I loved? :P :'( (Gaahh I feel these details aren't enough!)

. . .  :'( I feel hazy nostalgia from this.

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2212 on: January 28, 2016, 03:12:31 am »

Well, one of the more common scrolling shooters for the PC was "Tyrian 2000", but I don't think that's the one you're describing. There's quite a few entries in this genre that have rather small differences between them. It would narrow it down a bit more if you can remember whether the screen scrolled upwards or sideways.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2213 on: January 28, 2016, 03:15:51 am »

Well, one of the more common scrolling shooters for the PC was "Tyrian 2000", but I don't think that's the one you're describing. There's quite a few entries in this genre that have rather small differences between them. It would narrow it down a bit more if you can remember whether the screen scrolled upwards or sideways.
Oh! Sorry, it was in my mind so well that I forgot about the different types of shooters xD

It scrolled downwards, you as a player are facing up, enemies from from above, especially bosses :O

karhell

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_A_MOLPY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2214 on: January 28, 2016, 06:03:42 am »

Any chance it was DemonStar?

ZebioLizard2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2215 on: January 28, 2016, 11:27:55 am »

Looking for a really old 4Xish like game that I remember from childhood, it was a rather unique magical setting game where you picked a faction which was based on an element like Air, Life, Fire.. I remember you could pick like a commander type from three choices but that's all I really remember.

Bouchart

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_WORK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2216 on: January 28, 2016, 11:28:14 am »

Lords of Magic

ZebioLizard2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2218 on: January 29, 2016, 08:25:11 am »

Any chance it was DemonStar?
*shock & awe + realization sound*
Thank. You. A TON.
I don't know what to say other than that but...seeing this and the pictures...Thanks. So much.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2219 on: January 29, 2016, 08:32:16 am »

PTW.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.
Pages: 1 ... 146 147 [148] 149 150 ... 204