Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 148 149 [150] 151 152 ... 204

Author Topic: The "Forgotten the name of this game?" thread. Ask here to prevent clutter.  (Read 376105 times)

Draxis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The "Forgotten the name of this game?" thread. Ask here to prevent clutter.
« Reply #2235 on: February 20, 2016, 10:12:23 am »

Morningstar
Mmmmh~ loved that game.

But I see one problem? From what I recall of the (epic) intro, nobody was dead yet or seemed to be dead. :P
Both other crew do, actually.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile

Ok, have a challenging one for you guys.

This is a game I used to play at my grandpa's house when I was teeny, on a goddamn FLOPPY DISK.

It was basically a series of puzzles/physics challenges that you would build machines to complete, with tools like treadmills, bicycles and basketballs.
I THINK it had something about machines in the title as well, but this was a LONG time ago, so who the fuck knows?

But yeah, that is pretty much all I remember about it.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile

Ok, have a challenging one for you guys.

This is a game I used to play at my grandpa's house when I was teeny, on a goddamn FLOPPY DISK.

It was basically a series of puzzles/physics challenges that you would build machines to complete, with tools like treadmills, bicycles and basketballs.
I THINK it had something about machines in the title as well, but this was a LONG time ago, so who the fuck knows?

But yeah, that is pretty much all I remember about it.
The Incredible Machine, either 1, 2, or 3.  Though some call it TIM.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile

Thanks Culise!

It was version 3.

Though the only place you can apparently get it is GOG and its ten bucks there so I MIGHT have to put my nostalgia trip on the back burner.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

I'm unsure if I posted about this before (since I feel like I did but on a cursory search, it seems like I didn't).

Anyway this game is kinda old, I played it when I was ~10-ish, so that makes it available in the 2000's or earlier. Vague details ahead:
> Enemies followed a pattern or path.
> The game was played by 'turn based' movement. You were a player character moving in a tile-styled environment (with the tiles looking much like the Minesweeper tiles).
> I can vividly remember one enemy having a movement pattern of clockwise/counterclockwise around opague boxes. It was styled like a yellow ant/spider ._.
> There was an exit that was like a square-ical neon green +white/black (forgot if it was white, I think it was black) which made it look like a portal or something.
> You needed red, green, blue/yellow colored keys to get past certain doors which hindered the way, all the while avoiding these enemies that moved in patterns.
> There were ice tiles that made you slide.
> I forgot the term for this kind of game mechanics/technique thingy.
> There was a timer that reminded me of the Minesweeper timer...

Any guide questions? :O

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Chip's Challenge?
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

Chip's Challenge?
Hallowed Cheese. How. Wha.
That was the name right off the bar ._. Thank yoooooouuuuuuuuu

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Akura beat me to it. I was just reminded of that game a few days back. Childhood friend introduced me to it.

I still remember the themesong, looping forever in midi like the soundtrack to some forgotten Charlie Chaplain film.

Moogie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

What's the name of that recent-ish pixel game where you're a guy who goes to parties to subtly murder everyone without getting caught because he can't sleep?
I once shot a bear in the eye with a bow on the first shot, cut it up, found another one, and shot it in the eye too. The collective pile of meat weighed more than my house.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile

Party Hard?

"can't sleep murder game" sans quotes was what found it in google, if it is and you're curious.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Err... Hotline Miami?

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile

There was nothing subtle about hotline miami :P
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Moogie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Party Hard?

"can't sleep murder game" sans quotes was what found it in google, if it is and you're curious.

Thank you! This was it. :)
I once shot a bear in the eye with a bow on the first shot, cut it up, found another one, and shot it in the eye too. The collective pile of meat weighed more than my house.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile

Sheeeeeeeit.  Remembered a game I never actually played personally, but that I watched my cousin playing back in the day.  As such, time period is mid-to-late nineties, possibly early 00's.  Third-person perspective and medieval-fantasy type setting, of sorts.  Console, either Dreamcast or Playstation.

I don't recall much of the game, but there were distinct horror elements.  If I remember correctly, the general theme was that there was this great magical plague that had affected the kingdom and transformed people into hideous mutated monsters.  There was a particular scene where the protagonist and... I think his daughter? Maybe? Some young person... Venture into a kind of refugee village of the infected.  They'd apparently retained enough humanity to not go ballistic at first sight.

There's a touching moment when Young Person A is gently offered a flower by Mutated Root-for-an-eye Infected Child, when suddenly some idiot in your care pulls a mandrake from the ground and the village finally does go ballistic (I seem to remember there being some link between the screaming roots and the disease, like the people were kind of half-vegetable and reacted poorly to the root's "pain"), leading to a big fight where you're surrounded by big mutie thugs.

I seem to also recall a later savefile where you're wandering around in a castle and there are more infected people wandering around, but these looked a bit more like the upper torsos of people crawling around and dragging along their long flat tails.  Slug-mermaids, basically.

It's really pissing me off that Google has been utterly useless thus far in finding a hint towards what the hell this game was.

Actually wait, it's not Sword of the Berserk: Guts' Rage, is it?

Well heck. That's it, isn't it.  Haven't scrolled through to find the exact scene I was thinking of, but everything seems to be pointing to that being the game.

Thanks, this has been bugging me to no end.

Aoi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

This was a Flash game that I know was on Kongregate, and probably elsewhere, about... five to seven years ago. The basic gameplay could be described as Super Meat Boy with a grappling hook used to fling yourself around. Graphics were minimal, but not pixelart style); I want to say that the player character was a female white silhouette with similarly styled graphics for everything else. What little story was Portal-esque. It got mediocre ratings because it got brutally difficult halfway through, requiring IWBTG-levels of reaction time/memory to pass some of the stages.

Any ideas?
Stench Guzman: Fix this quote, please.
Now celebrating: Two and a half years misquoted. Seriously man. Just fix it. -_-
Pages: 1 ... 148 149 [150] 151 152 ... 204