Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 124 125 [126] 127 128 ... 204

Author Topic: The "Forgotten the name of this game?" thread. Ask here to prevent clutter.  (Read 375563 times)

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
Re: The "Forgotten the name of this game?" thread. Ask here to prevent clutter.
« Reply #1875 on: October 24, 2014, 10:37:45 am »

Hmm, "Space Pirates and Zombies" matches the "enemies get stronger the further out you go" but "Star Ruler" has a similar sounding ship creation system.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1876 on: October 24, 2014, 10:41:30 am »

Sadly it's neither- a small indy game, only one developer - pixle/block system, air was important and could leak if you build poorly, graphic was really bad - travel was by just accelerating and then you'd keep getting faster until you start breaking.  You could dock with ships to claim there resources/refill/repair.

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1877 on: October 24, 2014, 11:41:57 am »

yeah, I know the one youre talking about.  void-something, i think.

I'm pretty sure you're not looking for this, but is seems similar:  http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=143442.msg5639154#msg5639154

I cant find the thing I'm thinking of, but I know exactly what you mean.  You build the ships out of 2D blocks and routed conduits from power systems to weapon turrets and things like that.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2014, 11:49:14 am by puke »

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1878 on: October 24, 2014, 01:41:21 pm »

Wayward Terran Frontier?

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=134668.msg4859540#msg4859540

I'm less certain now.  Parts of this look like exactly like what I was thinking of, but other parts look far to polished and streamlined.  What you described really reminded me of something with ships made out of brightly colored lego blocks, sort of like Captain Forever.  That isn't exactly this game, but it's close.

Or maybe it has just evolved to be a bit more polished over time?  I think this is an older screenshot, which looks closer to what I was thinking of:

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #1879 on: October 24, 2014, 01:56:06 pm »

I'm pretty sure you're not looking for this, but is seems similar:  http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=143442.msg5639154#msg5639154

I cant find the thing I'm thinking of, but I know exactly what you mean.  You build the ships out of 2D blocks and routed conduits from power systems to weapon turrets and things like that.

Void Destroyer?

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1880 on: October 24, 2014, 02:02:23 pm »

Void Destroyer?

No, not Void Destroyer, Void Expanse, or Kinetic Void.  I think I must have been wrong about the Void part. 

I think WTF is probably the game I thought he was looking for, based on older screenshots from it.  Seems to have come a long way.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1881 on: October 24, 2014, 02:04:53 pm »

Wayward Terran Frontier?

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=134668.msg4859540#msg4859540

I'm less certain now.  Parts of this look like exactly like what I was thinking of, but other parts look far to polished and streamlined.  What you described really reminded me of something with ships made out of brightly colored lego blocks, sort of like Captain Forever.  That isn't exactly this game, but it's close.

Or maybe it has just evolved to be a bit more polished over time?  I think this is an older screenshot, which looks closer to what I was thinking of:

I was thinking of this game too, but couldn't find it. It seems it's still in development, and has come rather far since I last saw it.

If you were thinking of Captain Forever, then the game you were thinking of is Gamma Void. Right now it's called Reassembly, and it matches most of the requirements except the crew/air things. You do build up your ship from parts, there are generators and turrets, and enemies get stronger the further towards the center of the map (away from your starting point) you go.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1882 on: October 24, 2014, 02:25:28 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

This looks like a fine clunky time.  PTW since I read this thread a lot (maybe I'll be able to help someday).
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1883 on: October 24, 2014, 04:11:27 pm »

Yes, it was WTF - Wayward Terran Fontier, thanks a ton Puke : )

*edit* Looks like he changed it a lot, so shiny!

Here's the download page; http://www.wtfrontier.com/?page_id=198
« Last Edit: October 24, 2014, 04:16:19 pm by ThtblovesDF »

Caller

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1884 on: October 24, 2014, 07:39:04 pm »

Yes, this is indeed old version of Wayward terran frontier, graphic are being completely reworked and replaced, but core features are same... design ship, per pixel destruction, control and manage crew. As far as I can tell there isnīt public release of new version so far (so basically link above will get you exactly what you was looking for).

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1885 on: October 25, 2014, 01:24:20 am »

For the first one, I remember way back I had a demo of a game I think was called "Supermum" or similar. It was an RPG where you had attacks like freeze rays and heat vision. The graphics were really simple to the point that I can't remember anything other than heat vision was depicted as a red bar or circle hitting the target. I think the game played that the more you used an ability the better it got. Good luck actually finding a link to the specific game though.

I cannot think of any game that fits the second description.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

alexpoysky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1886 on: October 25, 2014, 05:14:52 am »

Hey guys, Alex Poysky here.

I remembered a game I used to play, circa 2012. I don't know if it was on my ipad or my note 2, but I remember the game CLEARLY.

It was a game in the vein of these old gamebook types of games, with hand painted pictures that were really neat. You started in front of a tower on a VERY large overworld map that you could travel around on. The game Legend of Illyria reminds me a bunch of this game, but this one was in first person.

I remember there being a coast near the first screen, and you could tap on a cat or something to talk to a fisherman and obtain some sort of secret. I also remember that first tower handing my ass to me constantly due to a weird spider and a sort of puzzle on the third floor.

You could undertake LOADS of quests, and walk around the entire world. A huge inventory system, skill system, stat system, and all of it was hand drawn. It was a sprawling epic of a game that I loved to death and then promptly forgot like a jerk. Since I changed phones and Ipad's twice since then, I can't for the life of me find it.

I'll give 5 copies of my game Pixel Piracy (steam keys) to anyone who can help me (re)discover this game!

I'm going nuts, I've been searching forums and google all morning!

It's quite pathetic I can remember so much of the game, but the name is lost to me :(.

If anyone knows, please PM me the name of the game!
Poysky Productions

Aoi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1887 on: October 26, 2014, 12:28:31 am »

Super old game, reminds me of Myst but IIRC it had better graphics. Point-and-click-stationary-art-environment type of game (like the Myst series). My family had a demo of it. The player gets off of a ship from a canal and can explore some buildings. You can go into one of the buildings, which has a kiln, get clay, press a token the player had to make an impression, then fire up the clay in the kiln to get a copy of the token (I think). It had brighter color palette.
Aaaaand I don't think we ever got past that. Not a lot to go on there, sorry. Just remembered it recently and I was wanting to read through what happens in the game.

Sounds like the demo for Journeyman 3.

... I'm actually pretty darn sure you're right.
Wow. Major props to you. Also surprised that it was apparently such a highly-regarded game.

I remember that demo from the King's Quest collection pack; it was a pretty big deal at the time. I also remember thinking that the demo was way better than the actual game. =P
Stench Guzman: Fix this quote, please.
Now celebrating: Two and a half years misquoted. Seriously man. Just fix it. -_-

olemars

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1888 on: October 26, 2014, 06:51:07 am »

For the first one, I remember way back I had a demo of a game I think was called "Supermum" or similar. It was an RPG where you had attacks like freeze rays and heat vision. The graphics were really simple to the point that I can't remember anything other than heat vision was depicted as a red bar or circle hitting the target. I think the game played that the more you used an ability the better it got. Good luck actually finding a link to the specific game though.

That first one actually sounds like it could be it. Obviously I couldn't find anything confirming it, but hell, it's pretty awesome to know that someone else remembers it.

That said though, I'm surprised there was ever a demo, because from what I remember of it it was really short in the first place. Hmm.

And I think we can all agree that if the second one isn't a game, it should be.

If you're brave you could have a dig through the shovelware CD archival project, though that's a daunting task.

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1889 on: October 26, 2014, 08:03:30 am »

That first one actually sounds like it could be it. Obviously I couldn't find anything confirming it, but hell, it's pretty awesome to know that someone else remembers it.

That said though, I'm surprised there was ever a demo, because from what I remember of it it was really short in the first place. Hmm.

And I think we can all agree that if the second one isn't a game, it should be.

If you're brave you could have a dig through the shovelware CD archival project, though that's a daunting task.

Indeed. Searching on the internet is nearly impossible because of the simple name as well as more recent games using the name. How I came by the game I mentioned was most likely on a disk of questionable authenticity containing multiple other games. Even if I did buy it at a newsagency spinning display. I can at least narrow it down by saying at the time it would've had to have been on a 3 1/4 disk because I didn't have a CD drive and a 5 1/4 was, by my guess, too small to store multiple games and was on the out.

Pages: 1 ... 124 125 [126] 127 128 ... 204