Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 121 122 [123] 124 125 ... 204

Author Topic: The "Forgotten the name of this game?" thread. Ask here to prevent clutter.  (Read 375644 times)

Chaoswizkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Bring on the Chaos
    • View Profile
    • Realms of Kar'Kaish New Site
Re: The "Forgotten the name of this game?" thread. Ask here to prevent clutter.
« Reply #1830 on: September 05, 2014, 07:50:05 pm »

What about Gangland?
Administrator of the Realms of Kar'Kaish Project.

Yolan

• Bay Watcher
  • There's no such thing as too greedy or too deep!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1831 on: September 08, 2014, 07:09:28 am »

There was another Mob simulator, it was online, but I don't remember its name. Also you could be talking about Gangsters or Gangsters two, some of my favorite games.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gangsters:_Organized_Crime

Oh! Oooh! That is it. This somewhat better graphics. I never played it but I'm interested.
I'm making a game called "Innkeep!", where you run an inn set in a low-fantasy world and try to lighten your guests pockets. Forum topic here.

aireoth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1832 on: September 08, 2014, 10:01:04 am »

There was another Mob simulator, it was online, but I don't remember its name. Also you could be talking about Gangsters or Gangsters two, some of my favorite games.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gangsters:_Organized_Crime

Oh! Oooh! That is it. This somewhat better graphics. I never played it but I'm interested.

The other one was it? If so, all I can remember was it was early internet days, Mob Rules pretty much ripped it off and made it cheesy. It was almost a real time version of Gangsters Organized Crime (those not quite as detailed). You would extort businesses, hire henchmen and fight with rival mobs, late 90's didn't make a huge splash from what I remember, just kinda came and went around the same time of Netstorm.
I don't post much, but the forums I'm even slightly active in I have a huge passion for.

In regards to DF, I've been playing for almost 8 years, since the earliest of editions, love this game.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #1833 on: September 12, 2014, 03:41:08 pm »

It... okay. Was sort of a RPG-like thing. Every character is a tile -- y'know, sorta' like a scabble tile -- and your party (which can get quite sizable) constantly moves to the right. There's bosses, and I'm fairly sure you could purchase enemy tiles as you move along. There were mages (which, iirc, came in elemental flavors), archers, various melee critters, healers... pretty expansive cast of critters. Blazes if I can remember when it came out. Some point post-2000, but when, I have no clue.

E: Nevermind, google-fu dug it up. I was looking for Battle of Tiles.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2014, 04:05:41 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1834 on: September 16, 2014, 11:11:20 am »

There was an indie game not long ago, lots of hype, it was 3D but it had a alot of postprocessing and it looked like it was all blurry and "abstract". I think you could deform terrain and had to build electric towers and turrets or something, and there were some sort of people that were reminiscent of Darwinia.

EDIT: Talk about random, I was looking at a completely unrelated old thread and someone dropped the name, Love / Quel Solaar thing. (BTW it's free now)
« Last Edit: September 16, 2014, 11:14:24 am by Sergius »

Chaoswizkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Bring on the Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #1835 on: September 16, 2014, 11:19:44 pm »

Super old game, reminds me of Myst but IIRC it had better graphics. Point-and-click-stationary-art-environment type of game (like the Myst series). My family had a demo of it. The player gets off of a ship from a canal and can explore some buildings. You can go into one of the buildings, which has a kiln, get clay, press a token the player had to make an impression, then fire up the clay in the kiln to get a copy of the token (I think). It had brighter color palette.
Aaaaand I don't think we ever got past that. Not a lot to go on there, sorry. Just remembered it recently and I was wanting to read through what happens in the game.

olemars

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1836 on: September 17, 2014, 03:16:50 am »

Super old game, reminds me of Myst but IIRC it had better graphics. Point-and-click-stationary-art-environment type of game (like the Myst series). My family had a demo of it. The player gets off of a ship from a canal and can explore some buildings. You can go into one of the buildings, which has a kiln, get clay, press a token the player had to make an impression, then fire up the clay in the kiln to get a copy of the token (I think). It had brighter color palette.
Aaaaand I don't think we ever got past that. Not a lot to go on there, sorry. Just remembered it recently and I was wanting to read through what happens in the game.

Sounds like the demo for Journeyman 3.

HissinhWalnuts

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a deep dislike of the natural world.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1837 on: September 19, 2014, 10:42:57 pm »

Some game where its a 2d pixel board where a group of people edit it for a certain amount of time, then it resets for another group of people to play it.
Crack-a-lack-a

Chaoswizkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Bring on the Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #1838 on: September 20, 2014, 02:42:02 am »

Sounds like the demo for Journeyman 3.

... I'm actually pretty darn sure you're right.
Wow. Major props to you. Also surprised that it was apparently such a highly-regarded game.

aireoth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1839 on: September 23, 2014, 02:54:54 pm »

Just a bump to an unfound game, see if anyone has any ideas.

Top down, two player (possibly more) strategy action game. You played a robot bug (kinda looked like a fly) and would build your base, and fight with other players. You could fight them with your player character, or build things to fight em (can't remember if you could build units, but I do *THINK* I remember defensive towers). Circa 1996-7ish, if I remember correctly you played in browser (like Netscape)
I don't post much, but the forums I'm even slightly active in I have a huge passion for.

In regards to DF, I've been playing for almost 8 years, since the earliest of editions, love this game.

inteuniso

• Bay Watcher
  • Functionalized carbon is the source.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1840 on: September 25, 2014, 07:56:06 pm »

God this one is bugging me.

Early 2000s Sci-Fi FPS. Didn't play too much of the campaign, so can't help with the story, though I remember the mechanics. You build resource harvesting buildings, various factories, researched tech, then designed and built robots which you could also pilot. These robots ranged from wheeled vehicles to flying VTOLs to Heavy Battlemechs. I believe the standard player color was Blue and Yellow, I may be wrong though.
Lol scratch that I'm building a marijuana factory.

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1841 on: September 25, 2014, 08:02:27 pm »

Battlezone?  Or maybe Tribes?

inteuniso

• Bay Watcher
  • Functionalized carbon is the source.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1842 on: September 25, 2014, 08:12:55 pm »

Nope, neither of those.

It has a single-player skirmish mode where you can base-build, too.
Lol scratch that I'm building a marijuana factory.

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1843 on: September 25, 2014, 08:32:53 pm »

Its the multiple vehicle types and rts type elements that are throwing me.  c&c renegade, maybe?

There was also this fps mech game with different vehicle types.. the distinguishing feature was an ejection beam you could use while on foot to force other guys to pop out of their vehicles, then you could jack them.

don't remember the name.  Also, don't remember if it had the resource and construction aspects.

TripJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1844 on: September 25, 2014, 08:36:11 pm »

Hostile Waters?
Pages: 1 ... 121 122 [123] 124 125 ... 204