Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 126 127 [128] 129 130 ... 204

Author Topic: The "Forgotten the name of this game?" thread. Ask here to prevent clutter.  (Read 375598 times)

olemars

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The "Forgotten the name of this game?" thread. Ask here to prevent clutter.
« Reply #1905 on: November 18, 2014, 07:08:31 pm »

I'm trying to remember this adventure game.

It was all about pirates, and it was using 3d grapghics. It was sometime during mid late 90s.

You were a scrub pirate. And you had this seasoned sea dog that becomes your friend and teaches you the rope. He said this one line in the early part of the game, that really stuck with me all these years.

"I'm gonna find something smaller then myself and eat it."

There was a mini game, for dodging. Where he would throw bottles at you to train up your skills. And there was three lanes, that you can move into to dodge bottles.

Eventually you got on a pirate ship and went to sea.

You made friends with nother scrub pirate.

Eventually the 3 of you got booted off the ship and stranded on an island, and we learn that the other scrub pirate was in fact... A GIRL.

And the seasoned seadog says, "I thought I was fancying her legs, but then I thought that maybe I was going a bit funny."

The island had some sorta central american natives with great grand treasures.

There was a some what amount of puzzles. None of which I can remember too well.

http://www.mobygames.com/game/redjack-the-revenge-of-the-brethren

Dunno how well it has aged.

MrWiggles

• Bay Watcher
  • Doubt Everything
    • View Profile
« Reply #1906 on: November 18, 2014, 08:00:06 pm »

I'm trying to remember this adventure game.

It was all about pirates, and it was using 3d grapghics. It was sometime during mid late 90s.

You were a scrub pirate. And you had this seasoned sea dog that becomes your friend and teaches you the rope. He said this one line in the early part of the game, that really stuck with me all these years.

"I'm gonna find something smaller then myself and eat it."

There was a mini game, for dodging. Where he would throw bottles at you to train up your skills. And there was three lanes, that you can move into to dodge bottles.

Eventually you got on a pirate ship and went to sea.

You made friends with nother scrub pirate.

Eventually the 3 of you got booted off the ship and stranded on an island, and we learn that the other scrub pirate was in fact... A GIRL.

And the seasoned seadog says, "I thought I was fancying her legs, but then I thought that maybe I was going a bit funny."

The island had some sorta central american natives with great grand treasures.

There was a some what amount of puzzles. None of which I can remember too well.

http://www.mobygames.com/game/redjack-the-revenge-of-the-brethren

Dunno how well it has aged.
Shit howdy. That is it!

Man, the graphics have not aged well!

How'd you find it?
Doesn't like running from bears = clearly isn't an Eastern European
I'm Making a Mush! Navitas: City Limits ~ Inspired by Dresden Files and SCP.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113699.msg3470055#msg3470055
http://www.tf2items.com/id/MisterWigggles666#

Wyattman1

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1907 on: November 18, 2014, 08:54:52 pm »

Hi, I'm look for this game where you buy pilots from human, cyborg and you also buy me mechs which you could completely customize. Basically it was like a turn base strategy arena mech game kinda like final fantasy tactics but with mechs and it's realistic. You could punch another mech causing their core to overheat killing both of you. Sorry if that's to vague, I know it's on PC and it's a bit of an older game.

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1908 on: November 18, 2014, 08:57:08 pm »

Sounds like Mission Force: Cyberstorm, or it's sequel.  Though I don't know about the punching.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MissionForce:_CyberStorm

Wyattman1

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1909 on: November 18, 2014, 09:06:39 pm »

Sounds like Mission Force: Cyberstorm, or it's sequel.  Though I don't know about the punching.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MissionForce:_CyberStorm

Lol, that kinda looks like it but the game I'm think of has lot more shittier UI and it doesn't have any story or missions. Just arena mode where you are pair up against teams matching your team's weight. Also I thing Jefmajor or Plumphelmetpunk might have did a short lp on it.

gimlet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1910 on: November 18, 2014, 09:17:06 pm »

Maybe Titans of Steel: Warring Suns?  http://www.titansofsteel.de/
Although I think that has sort of a campaign, I think it was an add-on to an earlier version though.  Anyway it's actually a pretty decent game, now available for free from them or Matrix games.

Wyattman1

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1911 on: November 18, 2014, 09:40:53 pm »

Thanks, that was it

Chaosegg

• Bay Watcher
  • Watch what is done more than what is said.
    • View Profile
Re: Forgot the name of this game
« Reply #1912 on: November 19, 2014, 12:15:34 pm »

A good friend who doesn't game much has tasked me with finding an old game...
called Glyph or Glyph 2 something like it...
-Egyptian theme... 2 dimensional graphics
-game play - you are at bottom of a room where enemy birds** spawned on ledges above you,
** They laid eggs and attacked or you something.
"As the level increased the birds came faster and there were harder birds."

Glypha 3?
Glypha
YES! Thank you!
***Likes 'green' airships for their efficiency.***
Creative seeking other creative TTRPGers to join, or join me, for  immersive, fun, creative, team-crafted stories. Setting flexible; mostly sci-fi &/or fantasy (I know SW, MiddleEarth, DnD, & ST best, but Ulisses Spiele & Cypher System high on list too. There are a few other niche sys. like DCC, a homebrew 3.5 or Pathfndr I/II; But at this point I'd even DM or play a well-run 5e game. Let the ideas flow, and never forget the 4 pillars of an RPG!

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1913 on: November 28, 2014, 08:22:14 am »

Alright, dammit, I've been Googling for a bit now and scrolled through Wikipedia's list of Xbox games, and couldn't find this...

It was a third-person sort of hack and slash, with a huge inventory of various weapons that you could assign to either your left or your right hand, and would then be able to mix combos (like, one weapon type would have one combo, and another type would have another.  If you started with say two strikes in the left-hand combo, you could hit right trigger and then get the third hit of the right-hand combo).  You could also put ranged weapons such as big gunpowder hand cannons or more modern machinepistols in one or both hands, and use both weapons interchangeably.

The time period was a kind of mix between feudal Japan (I'm almost certain it was Japan, but it could have been China...  My cultural ignorance blossoms) and a far more modern/semifuturistic setting.

I'm fairly certain you played as a nobleman's son who survives the total assassination of his family, and then goes on to seek revenge.  Along the way he meets Generic Girl #1, a blue demon, and an old man with a flamethrower.  All these eventually become companions and help you out in combat.

Mostly you were just fighting large groups of mooks throughout the levels, but it also had bossfights and some special levels and "problem solving".  If I remember correctly, the final boss/main antagonist was some big CEO-type fellow, bald and wearing a business suit.

Exerosp

• Bay Watcher
  • Not Caught Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1914 on: November 28, 2014, 01:15:24 pm »

-snip-
Well part of me wants to say Kingdom Under Fire, though that's mostly about the weapon thing.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1915 on: November 28, 2014, 05:07:32 pm »

Yeah, nope.  Specifically a male dude as the protagonist.  As opposed to the female kind of dude.

Kaje

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1916 on: November 29, 2014, 02:56:31 pm »

There's an indie developed game that I have forgotten the name of. I don't think it's been released yet, but I can't seem to find the bookmark I made of the website to check progress.

I remember it being a space-sim, from a 2D side-on perspective, with crude but pretty pixel-art style graphics. You have a ship, a crew, and will be travelling the galaxy etc. etc.

It's not Starbound, but I would imagine it's similar.

Any ideas?

Svampapa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Kaje

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1918 on: November 29, 2014, 04:05:03 pm »

Now you're just lazy.

Lazy? A polite f*** you and an equally deserved thank you, Svampapa.

aristabulus

• Bay Watcher
  • Fnordius Maximus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1919 on: November 29, 2014, 05:12:29 pm »

If it's a web page you know you've looked at, you can filter your history for a (news) site to narrow the memory-jogging material.
If iron is to become steel, it must feel fire! --ancient Dwarven proverb

What is steel compared to the hand that wields it?  --Thulsa Doom
Pages: 1 ... 126 127 [128] 129 130 ... 204