Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 110 111 [112] 113 114 ... 204

Author Topic: The "Forgotten the name of this game?" thread. Ask here to prevent clutter.  (Read 375814 times)

QuakeIV

• Bay Watcher
  • Cant resist... must edit post.
    • View Profile

I have a couple games in mind here;

So there was this game that came as a demo with my old pharaoh or caesar II disks (cant remember which, and both have since been replaced with third party disk images that dont have the same demo packs).

It was this isometric game where you start in the middle of this strange village like thing in a forest.  You have a small group of minions that you have to keep fed and boozed or they will desert.  I also believe it was turn based.  I could typically get a decent sized force but never found a way to feed them all.  The buildings in the village could be entered and cleared of monsters so that they could be opened for your own use.  I never really got out of the village but I think theres some stuff you can do elsewhere.

The second game is a 3d game of some sort, which I remember even less of.  I DO remember that it had a neat multi-z level tunneling system, which could be weaponized.  I think the way you get there is your flying sail boat crashes or something, then you have to kill these monsters and escape by building a base and an army.  You can have dwarf tunneling units and other things. 
GENERATION 9: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
I wish my grass was emo, then it would cut itself.
Quote from: Jesus
Quote from: The Big Fat Carp
Jesus, you broke the site!
Sorry, Bro.
link to quote

Draxis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So there was this game that came as a demo with my old pharaoh or caesar II disks (cant remember which, and both have since been replaced with third party disk images that dont have the same demo packs).

It was this isometric game where you start in the middle of this strange village like thing in a forest.  You have a small group of minions that you have to keep fed and boozed or they will desert.  I also believe it was turn based.  I could typically get a decent sized force but never found a way to feed them all.  The buildings in the village could be entered and cleared of monsters so that they could be opened for your own use.  I never really got out of the village but I think theres some stuff you can do elsewhere.
Lords of Magic: Special Edition.

QuakeIV

• Bay Watcher
  • Cant resist... must edit post.
    • View Profile

Downloaded the demo and tested it, your right.  Impressive.
GENERATION 9: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
I wish my grass was emo, then it would cut itself.
Quote from: Jesus
Quote from: The Big Fat Carp
Jesus, you broke the site!
Sorry, Bro.
link to quote

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile

Wow yeah, I adored that game and I didn't figure it out.

Draxis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I played the demo a ton, off of my Pharoah disk; that part was actually what made it more clear than the actual description.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile

what i meant to say was that the style of the game, being an fps rpg shooter sort of thing is similar. the way the two games play were absolutely different because they ran different engines. dues ex MIGHTVE had better graphics too. its definitely its own game and not a mod for deus ex

again i know this is a shot in the dark but i wont lose hope. ill find this game
Hmm, based on it being Russian and the time period, could it be this either?
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Chaoswizkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Bring on the Chaos
    • View Profile
    • Realms of Kar'Kaish New Site

what i meant to say was that the style of the game, being an fps rpg shooter sort of thing is similar. the way the two games play were absolutely different because they ran different engines. dues ex MIGHTVE had better graphics too. its definitely its own game and not a mod for deus ex

again i know this is a shot in the dark but i wont lose hope. ill find this game

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pathologic

I would be surprised, considering it's decently known and came after the time frame he's looking for.
I've also played a demo of it. I don't remember an umbrella or jail cell or anything like that, but I wouldn't be terribly surprised. The game is kind of like if Psychonauts was portrayed more realistically but plenty of weird shit still happened, and instead of mental stuff going on it's all about disease.
Administrator of the Realms of Kar'Kaish Project.

Geltor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pathologic

I would be surprised, considering it's decently known and came after the time frame he's looking for.
I've also played a demo of it. I don't remember an umbrella or jail cell or anything like that, but I wouldn't be terribly surprised. The game is kind of like if Psychonauts was portrayed more realistically but plenty of weird shit still happened, and instead of mental stuff going on it's all about disease.
unfortunately its not pathologic. pathologic seems to be in some older time period, plus it has graphics that i believe are better than the game im searching for. the look of the game tell me its definitely not this one, although, if i would take a wager, this game would look like it was made by the same company because the games are very similar (its not the case though)
« Last Edit: April 16, 2014, 02:57:10 am by Geltor »

olemars

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

heres a tough one, i wont be surprised if nobody knows this one..

its an first person RPG shooter, probably russian. i remember the first mission was something that involved talking/killing a man with an umbrella at some raining night town. the game features rpg elements such as multiple dialog selections and the ability to kill a lot of npcs. i remember talking to a prostitute at the first level.

sometime after that level you get arrested and the next level is in prison. you start a prison riot to escape and from there i cant remember much. i remember you could smoke and drink in the game and it would affect your screen. the game was in a modern setting. i estimate the game was released somewhere between 1999 to 2004

Sabotain? Good luck finding a working copy.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile

heres a tough one, i wont be surprised if nobody knows this one..

its an first person RPG shooter, probably russian. i remember the first mission was something that involved talking/killing a man with an umbrella at some raining night town. the game features rpg elements such as multiple dialog selections and the ability to kill a lot of npcs. i remember talking to a prostitute at the first level.

sometime after that level you get arrested and the next level is in prison. you start a prison riot to escape and from there i cant remember much. i remember you could smoke and drink in the game and it would affect your screen. the game was in a modern setting. i estimate the game was released somewhere between 1999 to 2004

Sabotain? Good luck finding a working copy.
I think you mean to say "good luck buying a working copy". It's no longer for sale damn near anywhere, but you can find torrents of it damn near everywhere.

(Not that I endorse piracy or anything. You wouldn't download a car, would you?)
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Geltor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

its not that. wth. that game is like futuristic looking with cyborgs and robots. the game im looking is like this modern age slum town

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile

Congratulations Geltor, you seem to have actually got the entire thread invested in your search.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

All I could find is Boiling Point: Road to Hell. Ukrainian made, set in modern times, but skimming the plot doesn't sound like what you were talking about.

Geltor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

All I could find is Boiling Point: Road to Hell. Ukrainian made, set in modern times, but skimming the plot doesn't sound like what you were talking about.
this is the closest thing ive seen so far. the gameplay mechanics and the UI look simiar (ie you have an inventory screen) but this is definitely not it. the graphical effects look too fancy (bloom, textures) while the models look like they fit the description. this game also appears to be too bright while the game im looking for was more dark. this game looks really military-oriented while the other was more of a criminal underground type.

basically, imagine this style of the game merged with vampire the masquerade bloodline graphics, only older. these games looked so similar that i thought the same company that made this game mightve made the one im looking for but that wasnt the case. i have high suspicions that the game is in fact russian/ukranian made

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile

(You would download a car)
Would you not? I get opposing printing of firearms and drugs, but car downloads would be awesome.
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.
Pages: 1 ... 110 111 [112] 113 114 ... 204