Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 109 110 [111] 112 113 ... 204

Author Topic: The "Forgotten the name of this game?" thread. Ask here to prevent clutter.  (Read 375815 times)

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile

I would suggest Urban Assault or Ground Control, but I don't think those are the game you're looking for.

Can you remember the aesthetics of the game? What did this mothership look like, as that tends to be a rather unique point of a game. Was it sci fi with lasers, hover tanks and teleporters or more realistic with closer to modern technology? Was the game 3D or 2D?
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile

Nah, it's neither. I think the game I'm thinking about is much older than that (2000? Late nineties? not sure)
It, uh. Might not be the most helpful of things, but it's almost certainly on this list.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

mosshadow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I remember a post apocalyptic rougelike made by someone who also made dwarffortress mods. It was Ascii only I recall and you started in a shelter and were supposed to go find stuff outside.
Cataclysm? Or the sorta-remake Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead?
As a proud Cataclysm "survivor" I can confirm it is indeed cataclysm.

Yeah I think this might be it. But I dont remember zombies, in cataclysm. It was definitely related to someone who was active on these forums and posted a link on these forums though.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile

I remember a post apocalyptic rougelike made by someone who also made dwarffortress mods. It was Ascii only I recall and you started in a shelter and were supposed to go find stuff outside.

Yeah I think this might be it. But I dont remember zombies, in cataclysm. It was definitely related to someone who was active on these forums and posted a link on these forums though.

I seem to remember GlyphGryph doing some Cataclysm stuff, you could try forum-stalking him a bit.

mosshadow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I seem to remember GlyphGryph doing some Cataclysm stuff, you could try forum-stalking him a bit.

Ok So I have started playing Cataclysm DDA its a great game but I am not sure its the game I was playing. The Rougelike I had had a red themed starting screen with verticle options rather than horizontal. The starting point was in a shelter with one NPC which is like Cataclysm with NPCs on but I am sure it was a nuclear Apocalypse like fallout not a Zombe/demonic one. I walked outside of the shelter and was killed by a insect the only time I played it.

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Probably the same.  Sounds like Cataclysm, before the DDA mod added more NPCs.  Setup used to be red with simple menu choices and character building, shelter used to have a single NPC with some shit in the basement, and you could indeed run into giant insects.  Still can, I'd assume.  Giant bees and Ants have major hives, then if you are near a swamp there's all kinds of nasty random bugs spawning.

You probably just never got into town to run into the zombies & etc before, but they were always there.

mosshadow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Probably the same.  Sounds like Cataclysm, before the DDA mod added more NPCs.  Setup used to be red with simple menu choices and character building, shelter used to have a single NPC with some shit in the basement, and you could indeed run into giant insects.  Still can, I'd assume.  Giant bees and Ants have major hives, then if you are near a swamp there's all kinds of nasty random bugs spawning.

You probably just never got into town to run into the zombies & etc before, but they were always there.

Ah  I see, well I can rest in peace knowing I have found the lost game!

magistrate101

• Bay Watcher
  • That one kid.
    • View Profile

I'm trying to remember an old JRPG that was probably made in flash or gamemaker, I can only remember a couple significant bits of the story:
  • You were a very young girl in the beginning
  • One of your tasks was to kill some spiders on your foster-parent's(?) house
  • One day, you get bullied, get ready to hit the bully, and instead accidentally hit them with magic, and get taken away to some magic academy when the person who was going to take the bully to that same academy sees you perform magic and decides to take you instead.

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Not a game per se, but I remember there was this little app for Windows that generated "random japanese-rpg style music", I believe the app itself was japanese or chinese or whatever so it had localized menus.

Of course almost all musics followed the same pattern, was more a stitch work of presets with random instruments.

Geltor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

heres a tough one, i wont be surprised if nobody knows this one..

its an first person RPG shooter, probably russian. i remember the first mission was something that involved talking/killing a man with an umbrella at some raining night town. the game features rpg elements such as multiple dialog selections and the ability to kill a lot of npcs. i remember talking to a prostitute at the first level.

sometime after that level you get arrested and the next level is in prison. you start a prison riot to escape and from there i cant remember much. i remember you could smoke and drink in the game and it would affect your screen. the game was in a modern setting. i estimate the game was released somewhere between 1999 to 2004

Bouchart

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_WORK]
    • View Profile

Are you sure that isn't Deus Ex?  It has a Russian guy in it.

Geltor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

it plays extremely similar to deus ex but its definitely not it

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile

Might it be one of these either?
http://www.gamefront.com/top-10-best-deus-ex-mods/
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Geltor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Might it be one of these either?
http://www.gamefront.com/top-10-best-deus-ex-mods/
what i meant to say was that the style of the game, being an fps rpg shooter sort of thing is similar. the way the two games play were absolutely different because they ran different engines. dues ex MIGHTVE had better graphics too. its definitely its own game and not a mod for deus ex

again i know this is a shot in the dark but i wont lose hope. ill find this game

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile

Well, this isn't exactly a game, but...

I dimly remember a friend playing a tower defense map in Warcraft 3 where the object was to defend your house against spider invasion. There were various family members with different towers you could buy, and when you lost a message would appear that read "Your house is full of spiders".
Pages: 1 ... 109 110 [111] 112 113 ... 204