Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 204

Author Topic: The "Forgotten the name of this game?" thread. Ask here to prevent clutter.  (Read 375876 times)

Samio

• Bay Watcher
  • ˙uǝʌǝ ʇ,uop ı sıɥʇ sı ʇɐɥʍ
    • View Profile

'Aight, here's one that's been bugging more for a LONG while.
You play as a ninja, and you take some mercenary-like jobs. I remember seeing videos of it and wanting it.
It's for PS2 and it's NOT Tenshi. 3D, though. I think there was either a random level generator or editor.

Tenchu, Shinobi (the 2002 one), Nightshade, or Red Ninja: End of Honor.  Any of them?
No. I'm pretty sure it has Shinobi as one of or part of one of the words, though.

bitesh

• Bay Watcher
  • Remember, FTW is WTF spelled backwards.
    • View Profile

'Aight, here's one that's been bugging more for a LONG while.
You play as a ninja, and you take some mercenary-like jobs. I remember seeing videos of it and wanting it.
It's for PS2 and it's NOT Tenshi. 3D, though. I think there was either a random level generator or editor.

Tenchu, Shinobi (the 2002 one), Nightshade, or Red Ninja: End of Honor.  Any of them?
No. I'm pretty sure it has Shinobi as one of or part of one of the words, though.
Shinobido?
It only takes a second to show someone how you feel about them. The police call it "indecent exposure", but whatever.
Quote from: I-Ching
You lose your efficacious tortoise, and look at me till your jaw falls down.

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
  • I am offishially a penguin.
    • View Profile

I recall a weird Racing Arcade Game from the 90's, and yes, there were many; I remember something very peculiar about this game though. Halfway through the race, you would encounter a rather ugly man standing on the track. If you tried to dodge him though, he would inevitably move to intercept your car anyways. Once you run over him, he climbs on top of your hood and smashes it with a pipe wrench (or something similar). Game over.

Any ideas?

Not sure if being trolled...  That just sounds TOO weird.
Some things were made for one thing, for me / that one thing is the sea~
His servers are going to be powered by goat blood and moonlight.
Oh, a biomass/24 hour solar facility. How green!

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile

I recall a weird Racing Arcade Game from the 90's, and yes, there were many; I remember something very peculiar about this game though. Halfway through the race, you would encounter a rather ugly man standing on the track. If you tried to dodge him though, he would inevitably move to intercept your car anyways. Once you run over him, he climbs on top of your hood and smashes it with a pipe wrench (or something similar). Game over.

Any ideas?

Not sure if being trolled...  That just sounds TOO weird.
Sounds a little like how SkiFree worked. You go down a hill and at a certain point a yeti runs over to eat you. The yeti was very difficult to avoid, and yes being eaten was a game over.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I like how it's "halfway through the race", yet "inevitable" that you get a game over.

Michael_Almeida

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:general idiocy]
    • View Profile

Here's an odd request: I remember playing this freeware game several years ago, which was sort of like a 3D version of Space Hulk. You had a squad of soldiers who were exploring an abandoned space station or something, and there were zombies pouring out of everywhere that could pretty much kill you in one hit. You controlled one of them at a time and they all had different skills and weapons. I can't find it nor can I remember what it was called. Can anyone help?
I know exactly what you're talking about. I just can't remember the damn name. I have it on my computer, which I'm not on at the moment.
... Alien Swarm? It doesn't have zombies but it's 3d and sorta like it.

No, that wasn't it. It was sort of an FPS and you could switch between the soldiers during play.
COMPETENT MODDER
ADEQUATE DRAWER
LEGENDARY PROCRASTINATOR
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Carlos Gustavos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Are you sure it isn't Space Hulk?

boatie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm trying to remember this browser only game, with no animations, you were the ruler of a fief and part of a larger group of kingdoms. Every hour or so you would get action points and you could use them to build a farm or a town hall or train soldiers, stuff like that.

And you'd all go to war or be peaceful with other kingdoms

Vibhor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm trying to remember this browser only game, with no animations, you were the ruler of a fief and part of a larger group of kingdoms. Every hour or so you would get action points and you could use them to build a farm or a town hall or train soldiers, stuff like that.

And you'd all go to war or be peaceful with other kingdoms
Is it Evony?
It is evony isn't it?

It could also be travian.

bitesh

• Bay Watcher
  • Remember, FTW is WTF spelled backwards.
    • View Profile

In Travian, you don't own a fief. It sounds like Travian, but most likely isn't.(cue in to the guy going "oh yeah, Travian, right, thx a lot")
It only takes a second to show someone how you feel about them. The police call it "indecent exposure", but whatever.
Quote from: I-Ching
You lose your efficacious tortoise, and look at me till your jaw falls down.

boatie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ah, I figured it out: Utopia. Sort of want to get back into it, but I can't tell if many people play it anymore

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ah, I figured it out: Utopia. Sort of want to get back into it, but I can't tell if many people play it anymore
!!

Yay, I was right (but was long since beaten to it).

Man, that game was...well, I don't know if I'd call it /good/, but it certainly spawned a genre.

Blackray Jack

• Bay Watcher
  • You can run but you can't die.
    • View Profile

Uh there SHOULD be a thread somewhere but I forgot. Anywho the basis of the game is you have a ship crewed by people, there was a demo in which you got to sample some combat before being forced up against a heavily advanced ship. The gimmick is that you tell people what to do in your ship. It's sort of like DF: the spaceship.

Edit: Thanks a bunch!
« Last Edit: May 10, 2012, 10:32:43 pm by Blackray Jack »

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile

Gotcha' covered.

Annoyingly, I forget the name, too. It was only ten or so twelve pages back, though.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Here's an odd request: I remember playing this freeware game several years ago, which was sort of like a 3D version of Space Hulk. You had a squad of soldiers who were exploring an abandoned space station or something, and there were zombies pouring out of everywhere that could pretty much kill you in one hit. You controlled one of them at a time and they all had different skills and weapons. I can't find it nor can I remember what it was called. Can anyone help?
I know exactly what you're talking about. I just can't remember the damn name. I have it on my computer, which I'm not on at the moment.
... Alien Swarm? It doesn't have zombies but it's 3d and sorta like it.

No, that wasn't it. It was sort of an FPS and you could switch between the soldiers during play.
Derelict. I knew it started with a "D".
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 204