Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 204

Author Topic: The "Forgotten the name of this game?" thread. Ask here to prevent clutter.  (Read 375920 times)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile

It had a sequel too, iirc. Fairly decent game, according to my poor memory and probably a bucketload of nostalgia filter.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile

Yes, it did. I remember I nearly finished it too but... well save file corruption. Silly, with a lot of weapons. I think I had a minigun at some point.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile

There is this old (Around '95) game. You controlled a two-legged dragon/lizard. You were going around different world-islands. I fairly remember an enemy on ice(?) world, a golem splitting into many smaller versions of himself. He was a boss I think. You also gathered gemstones as well.

I don't remember the console on which I played it, though.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Moogie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

There is this old (Around '95) game. You controlled a two-legged dragon/lizard. You were going around different world-islands. I fairly remember an enemy on ice(?) world, a golem splitting into many smaller versions of himself. He was a boss I think. You also gathered gemstones as well.

Don't suppose it was Gex?
I once shot a bear in the eye with a bow on the first shot, cut it up, found another one, and shot it in the eye too. The collective pile of meat weighed more than my house.

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile

Don't suppose it was Gex?

Spyro's under appreciated, but far superior cousin.
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile

Nah, that's not it.

It wasn't a lizard guy in sunglasses, at least. Not to mention the distinct lack of gems in 'Gex'.
SigFlags!
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Michael_Almeida

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:general idiocy]
    • View Profile

Here's an odd request: I remember playing this freeware game several years ago, which was sort of like a 3D version of Space Hulk. You had a squad of soldiers who were exploring an abandoned space station or something, and there were zombies pouring out of everywhere that could pretty much kill you in one hit. You controlled one of them at a time and they all had different skills and weapons. I can't find it nor can I remember what it was called. Can anyone help?
COMPETENT MODDER
ADEQUATE DRAWER
LEGENDARY PROCRASTINATOR
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I recall a weird Racing Arcade Game from the 90's, and yes, there were many; I remember something very peculiar about this game though. Halfway through the race, you would encounter a rather ugly man standing on the track. If you tried to dodge him though, he would inevitably move to intercept your car anyways. Once you run over him, he climbs on top of your hood and smashes it with a pipe wrench (or something similar). Game over.

Any ideas?

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile

@Haspen: "Croc: Legend of the Gobbo's"? You collect gems in that, and the worlds are all seperate islands.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

bitesh

• Bay Watcher
  • Remember, FTW is WTF spelled backwards.
    • View Profile

Was it "Croc: legend of the Gobbos"? That's probably later than 95, though... also it was 3D. It played a lot like Spyro, actually...

EDIT:
@Haspen: "Croc: Legend of the Gobbo's"? You collect gems in that, and the worlds are all seperate islands.
I didn't see that. I don't know how.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2012, 09:40:28 am by bitesh »
It only takes a second to show someone how you feel about them. The police call it "indecent exposure", but whatever.
Quote from: I-Ching
You lose your efficacious tortoise, and look at me till your jaw falls down.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Here's an odd request: I remember playing this freeware game several years ago, which was sort of like a 3D version of Space Hulk. You had a squad of soldiers who were exploring an abandoned space station or something, and there were zombies pouring out of everywhere that could pretty much kill you in one hit. You controlled one of them at a time and they all had different skills and weapons. I can't find it nor can I remember what it was called. Can anyone help?
I know exactly what you're talking about. I just can't remember the damn name. I have it on my computer, which I'm not on at the moment.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile

Oh fuck yes.

I'm gonna bake you some chocolate cookies of gratitude on teh day I meet you, even if chances are slim! <3
SigFlags!

Samio

• Bay Watcher
  • ˙uǝʌǝ ʇ,uop ı sıɥʇ sı ʇɐɥʍ
    • View Profile

I know exactly what you're talking about. I just can't remember the damn name. I have it on my computer, which I'm not on at the moment.
... Alien Swarm? It doesn't have zombies but it's 3d and sorta like it.

Samio

• Bay Watcher
  • ˙uǝʌǝ ʇ,uop ı sıɥʇ sı ʇɐɥʍ
    • View Profile

'Aight, here's one that's been bugging more for a LONG while.
You play as a ninja, and you take some mercenary-like jobs. I remember seeing videos of it and wanting it.
It's for PS2 and it's NOT Tenshi Tenchu,. 3D, though. I think there was either a random level generator or editor.
Also, a bonus: There's a game where you can play as a gladiator and it has a special edition with gore, anyone?
(also for PS2)

Nvm, Colosseum: Road to Freedom. :D
« Last Edit: May 08, 2012, 02:48:38 pm by Samio »

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile

'Aight, here's one that's been bugging more for a LONG while.
You play as a ninja, and you take some mercenary-like jobs. I remember seeing videos of it and wanting it.
It's for PS2 and it's NOT Tenshi. 3D, though. I think there was either a random level generator or editor.

Tenchu, Shinobi (the 2002 one), Nightshade, or Red Ninja: End of Honor.  Any of them?
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 204