Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 204

Author Topic: The "Forgotten the name of this game?" thread. Ask here to prevent clutter.  (Read 376347 times)

CognitiveDissonance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Do you have more details? How old? What platform? What did the graphics look like?

It was a PC game, circa windows 95. The graphics were decent. I really can't remember enough specific about that game...
Come and be amazed by this wonderful menagerie! Draw your own! Bring your favorite! The [Forgotten Beast Art Contest] is open for business!
Now also available - [The Legendary Artifact Art Contest]! It menaces! It has rings! It has craftsdwarfship!
I have a [YouTube] channel! It has Let's Plays and other stuff.

Frash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I very, very dimly remember a game a friend showed me a good few years back. I think it was somthing along the lines of running a viking village, and all that I recall with any clarity was some sort of quest or somthing where a guy needed some mead, and I remember that you could find chests around the map, some of which contained guys with bows. The graphics were a bit cartoony, I think, and it was isometric. I'm not getting my hopes up, but anyone got any ideas?

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile

I very, very dimly remember a game a friend showed me a good few years back. I think it was somthing along the lines of running a viking village, and all that I recall with any clarity was some sort of quest or somthing where a guy needed some mead, and I remember that you could find chests around the map, some of which contained guys with bows. The graphics were a bit cartoony, I think, and it was isometric. I'm not getting my hopes up, but anyone got any ideas?

One of The Settlers games perhaps?
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

Frash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Looks like it, or at least close enough the satisfy me. Thanks!

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile

Looks like it, or at least close enough the satisfy me. Thanks!

1, 2, 3 and 4 were cool.  I didn't play 5 or 6, and really can't recommend 7.
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile

Cultures 2

Wikings, mead quest in tutorial, warriors and potions hidden in chests. I remember the game cuz I loved to play it :P
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile

I have some vague memory's of an old PC game I saw a friend playing some time ago, might of just been a demo or something. But I think the player was either a robot, or a mecha of some sort, it was a side scroller, and I remember there being like a message line at the top of the screen where it would occasionally say things, such as I think it saying "looks like you're on your own now" after finding another wrecked robot/mecha/ship/whatever near the beggining. I think the very early parts of the game might of been mostly underground too.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I have some vague memory's of an old PC game I saw a friend playing some time ago, might of just been a demo or something. But I think the player was either a robot, or a mecha of some sort, it was a side scroller, and I remember there being like a message line at the top of the screen where it would occasionally say things, such as I think it saying "looks like you're on your own now" after finding another wrecked robot/mecha/ship/whatever near the beggining. I think the very early parts of the game might of been mostly underground too.

Thexder? http://www.google.com/search?q=thexder&hl=en&client=firefox-a&hs=Pzo&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&prmd=ivns&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=53TETcbiK-iB0QGPqIzwBw&ved=0CE0QsAQ&biw=1920&bih=1070
Only a simple mind can be certain.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Cultures 2

Wikings, mead quest in tutorial, warriors and potions hidden in chests. I remember the game cuz I loved to play it :P
Yeah, certainly Cultures 2. It's a bit slow paced, but decent enough. I never understood why they needed to take a bunch of food to their home before they had sex make a baby(which you somehow choose the gender with 100% accuracy). As far as I know, they(or the baby) didn't neccessarily eat that food unless nothing else is available, and I think babies grew up quickly enough before eating 5 units of food.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I've forgotten the name of this game from about 4-5 years ago. It was a FPS where you were on a gladiator show/bounty hunter. Apparently all of the wars were resolved this way with their champions slugging it out. It was buggy upon release and was given out with video cards for a while.

Virtz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I've forgotten the name of this game from about 4-5 years ago. It was a FPS where you were on a gladiator show/bounty hunter. Apparently all of the wars were resolved this way with their champions slugging it out. It was buggy upon release and was given out with video cards for a while.
Bet on Soldier?

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Bet on Soldier?

thank you! I have had it twice now, thank you. Now I can suffer a third time.

Xinvoker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So there is this game, more than 10 years old certainly, with 3 levels each with completely different gameplay.

1st level you build a town and little people come out of their houses radially to power the farms (which look like like red barns) etc. Demons come out of a mountain every now and then and you have to build guard towers to defend yourself. There is also a fairy village on the map but it doesn't do anything.

2nd level is a spell duel (with the leader of the fairies i think), you combine some stuff and you make iceballs etc

3rd level you control a dude with a sword at the entrance of Demon Mountain, demons come out and you slash them, there are also some crystals which you have to destroy to get the boss to come out

Anyone remember the name?  :)

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Sounds a little like ActRaiser, though that's probably not it.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Xinvoker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Sounds a little like ActRaiser, though that's probably not it.

nope, I guess the 3rd level description fits a little, but otherwise no, "my" game doesn't have sidescrolling either, the view is top-down and i am in a circle of crystals.
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 204