Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 125 126 [127] 128 129 ... 171

Author Topic: Haven and Hearth  (Read 209930 times)

dei

• Bay Watcher
  • Someone.
    • View Profile
Re: Haven and Hearth
« Reply #1890 on: July 17, 2009, 10:11:52 pm »

I might be online by 9:30 or so my time. Playing another MMO right now with some friends.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1891 on: July 17, 2009, 10:22:19 pm »

Thats so not commmunism. Communism is when the gevernment distributes an equal amount of food to everyone and everyone has to have a job at a certian age.

Also, a design will be more effective if things everyone uses are towards the middle, with 4 squares of houses at the corners and things like feild and ovens next to them and the mine and things like smelters inside the mine for more room.

Also a brick wall can be breached but it takes a ridiculously large amount of time, and its better then the towns kept now. Also, breaching a brick wall once is most likely all they will need for a single trip so doubling the thickness of the wall would be better.

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1892 on: July 17, 2009, 10:25:11 pm »

I tried to keep the design blocky, because we run into a problem with making individual walls for every person's house. Who's going to cough up all the fucking wrought iron and steel? Who's going to remember to repair the smaller walls?
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

ArPharazon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1893 on: July 17, 2009, 10:34:46 pm »

I tried to keep the design blocky, because we run into a problem with making individual walls for every person's house. Who's going to cough up all the fucking wrought iron and steel? Who's going to remember to repair the smaller walls?

Well in my case, the people inside contribute to and only to the main city wall, the outer "suburb" houses (and they alone) are responsible for maintaining their own walls. It would be nice if the suburbians helped with the main wall too, but there's little reason for them to, except for the town administration's charisma.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1894 on: July 17, 2009, 10:39:03 pm »

The wall segments only require bricks, right? Should not be a problem repairing the breaches.

Alright, what we have now is a sort of odd mix of Communism and Capitalism. There are public resources the town shares and assists with. One is not required to work there, they can merely take what they want if they remember to keep it working for the next guy. From there people can take what they want from these public resources and tools. Then it's Capitalism.

Only the village administrators will have keys to the gates. Everybody else will need to spawn at the village idol to enter the industry block/be on when the gates are open. Basically the Administrators would close the gates whenever they cannot be there, ensuring that nobody can sneak in. Yes having the gates closed will be troublesome, but it is the only way to keep it secure. And more likely than not the gates will be open.

The major problem I can see with this plan is resource intake. We will likely not have enough trees unless we build a palisade around a forest for town use. Then we would need to make a nearby temporary village that won't get in the way of expansion.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

dei

• Bay Watcher
  • Someone.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1895 on: July 18, 2009, 12:07:17 am »

You guys are really serious about this game o.o Wow... Anyone IG right now?

KoE

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1896 on: July 18, 2009, 12:48:58 am »

One word, guys.

BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEER!

Also, you can make your own mines... with 500 wood blocks. (Malicus is amused.)

Also, cheese is properly implemented.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1897 on: July 18, 2009, 12:53:56 am »

Wow. I guess I could return to playing now. If, of course, I could play for more than one hour a day.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

x2yzh9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1898 on: July 18, 2009, 01:27:41 am »

need some help.. is the map very big? how do i find out the name of the settlement, travelling east to the newbie settlement, BTW my ingame name is Kleer, pansy name i know but it has its perks, almost no one on any game has that name

P.S. You better answer my question or ill.. ill do something
 >:(rawr
« Last Edit: July 18, 2009, 01:44:27 am by x2yzh9 »

Malicus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1899 on: July 18, 2009, 01:48:57 am »

The place most of the B12ers are living now is rather down south, not east...  we were never east.

x2yzh9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1900 on: July 18, 2009, 02:33:36 am »

The place most of the B12ers are living now is rather down south, not east...  we were never east.

well, thought south was dangerous......... er, how long should it take me to get to the town, errr if you have a instant messenger program can someone pick me up at the newbie town for the server[not B12]

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1901 on: July 18, 2009, 03:20:39 am »

I accidentially left the town. May some responsible person come to the Ring of Brodgar in an acceptable timespan and re-add me?
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

Poltifar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1902 on: July 18, 2009, 03:38:10 am »

Why did we lose so many village points? ???
<@Poltifar> yeah i've played life for almost 23 years
<@Poltifar> i specced myself into a corner, i should just reroll
<@Akroma> eh
<@Akroma> just play the minigames until your subscription runs out

x2yzh9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1903 on: July 18, 2009, 04:15:14 am »

yea can i get added to brodgar???when??uymmm...

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1904 on: July 18, 2009, 04:27:28 am »

Apparently somebody decided to break in my cabin and empty my Chest Full Of Valuables.

At this point, I don't even have that much valuables, but I lost my two cast iron bars and, worst of all, the metal saw. It's going to be a while until I can replace that...

Now, I erected a claim outside the house. From my experience, it's excellent in repelling thieves.
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.
Pages: 1 ... 125 126 [127] 128 129 ... 171