Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Looking for free games  (Read 3825 times)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for free games
« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2009, 09:25:16 pm »

Prospector(There is a topic for this game here) is one of my favorite rougelikes

It really is the game that made the term "Roguelike" moot since all it had to do was make levels randomised and be tough. Though perhaps rougelike wasn't a typo.

Edit: I have confused Prospector with Splunky. Sorry to everyone reading this.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2009, 01:05:28 pm by Neonivek »

Roundabout Lout

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2009, 01:17:32 am »

If you don't hate JRPG's, then Charles Barkley Shut Up and Jam: Gaiden is excellent. Very silly, but is very consistent with itself, and pure awesome.

http://www.talesofgames.com/barkley/

dei

• Bay Watcher
  • Someone.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 29, 2009, 11:42:31 am »

o.o lots of posts to reply to...

downloaded toribash, looks fun.

liberal crime squad I've tried, and as of late, it's too difficult for me. there's not enough documentation, and i don't have regular access to the wiki.

multiplayer games are not an option right now; as I type this, i'm using a public computer since i don't have private internet at home. that is because i can't afford it.

downloading la-mulana. eternal daughter i tried, but i couldn't get past the title screen. lieroX is pretty fun for me actually by the way, but i can't do multiplayer (see above), so I often get pwned by the ai. i don't like shoot'em'ups for the most part, but i'll give warning forever a chance.

prospector sounds interesting, so I'll try it, along with infiminer. survival crisis z may be fun for me too, i suppose (never have played a zombie game). i don't hate jrpgs, so i'll try the one recommended above.

anyhow, thank you for the game recommendations.

oh, and the insani novels I have are LEAVEs, Moonshine, May Sky, and True Remembrance.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2009, 01:04:46 pm »

WHOOPS!!!

Guys I just want to say I made a mistake. I confused Prospector with Splunky! (Splunky which is also often called a roguelike)

I appologise for my statement earlier.

While I am at it: Try out Splunky it is fun! though often very difficult! (It gets easier once you understand the timing of things)

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 29, 2009, 11:06:15 pm »

Survival Crisis Z can get easy. I had a pistol master running around with the basic pistol and the revolver, and got to the third and final stage with no problem at all. I would imagine its easier with the more powerful weapons.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 30, 2009, 12:32:15 am »

It's Spelunky, by the way.

Asehujiko

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 30, 2009, 06:53:08 am »

I recommend Warcraft 3. It's an rts but has rpg elements. Your most important units have an inventory, levels, attributes and a bunch of spells. There's also a ton of custom maps for it, including several good rpgs.
Code: [Select]
Tremble, mortal, and despair! Doom has come to this world!
.....EEEE..E..E.E...EEE.EE.EE.EEE.EE..EE.EE.E.EE.EE.E.EE.
......E..EE.EE.EE.EE..E...EEEE..E..E.E...EEE.EEE...E.EEE.
.☺..EE.E...E.EE.EE...E.EE..E..EE.EE.EE.EE..E...EE.EE..E.E
.....E..E.E.E.E.E.EE.E.E.EE.E...E.EE.EE...E.EE.EE.EEE...E
....E.EE.EEE.EE..EE.EE.E..EEEE..E..E.E...EEE.EEE..E.E..EE

Tormy

• Bay Watcher
  • I shall not pass?
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 30, 2009, 07:43:08 am »

RPG

Temple of Elemental Evil. It's the best CRPG imo. [Don't forget to download the community modpack for it from here: http://www.co8.org  :)]

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
  • It wont bite....unless you are the sun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 30, 2009, 09:30:23 am »

I recommend Warcraft 3. It's an rts but has rpg elements. Your most important units have an inventory, levels, attributes and a bunch of spells. There's also a ton of custom maps for it, including several good rpgs.
When did that become free?

Tick, tick, tick the time goes by,
tick, tick, tick the clock blows up.

Okenido

• Bay Watcher
  • Loli Advocate
    • View Profile
    • New Various Nonsense
« Reply #24 on: May 30, 2009, 01:03:30 pm »

Notice the topic says FREE.

TOEE and Warcraft 3 don't count.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 30, 2009, 01:06:15 pm »

Notice the topic says FREE.

TOEE and Warcraft 3 don't count.

This is just the natural slide that happens on this forum. Remember "Awsomely powerful games" that was about one person taking on armies and ended up being "Talk about any game you find cool!"

Anyhow more Freeware games hmmm...

I am not too much into it but: Stair Dismount and Truck Dismount may bring a bit of enjoyment into your life.

Shadowgandor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 30, 2009, 05:18:54 pm »

Well, that's not entirely true, it's just that people have different ideas on 'Awsomely powerful games' :P

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 30, 2009, 05:20:30 pm »

Well, that's not entirely true, it's just that people have different ideas on 'Awsomely powerful games' :P

Then I guess some people have different views on what a "Free" game is.

Okenido

• Bay Watcher
  • Loli Advocate
    • View Profile
    • New Various Nonsense
« Reply #28 on: May 30, 2009, 05:31:05 pm »

Anything that can be pirated?

TheToeBighter98

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 31, 2009, 08:06:50 am »

Try Good Old Games for sources of great old games, you have to pay true, but you could simply look them up there and find a free source. Its not like they're going to sell any other way... unless you actually care not to pirate.
Pages: 1 [2] 3