Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1202 1203 [1204] 1205 1206 ... 1380

Author Topic: Minecraft - It has blocks.  (Read 2425586 times)

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft - It has blocks.
« Reply #18045 on: August 29, 2013, 06:46:48 pm »

Ok, I'm bored with just making whatever at a whim. GIVE ME ORDERS!

I don't care if it's something as simple as build a hat stand, or as complex as making a trap that forces people into the nether out of gold blocks (well ok the gold blocks would be a little ridiculous and probably never done). The more specific the better! Once I have completed a good amount of taks, I MIGHT (because I hate image sites and they hate me) take a picture and post it here. Will probably make occasional posts about my progress.

I am playing FTB unleashed.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #18046 on: August 29, 2013, 06:48:15 pm »

I don't care if it's something as simple as build a hat stand, or as complex as making a trap that forces people into the nether out of gold blocks (well ok the gold blocks would be a little ridiculous and probably never done). The more specific the better! Once I have completed a good amount of taks, I MIGHT (because I hate image sites and they hate me) take a picture and post it here. Will probably make occasional posts about my progress.

A MC Escher-style fully useable house, and next to it, a fully useable copy of the same house built upside down.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #18047 on: August 29, 2013, 06:53:38 pm »

Build a solar panel factory. The entire factory must be catercorner to conventional MC, like a solar panel flower. Bonus points for making it look like a portal to a catercorner dimension.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18048 on: August 29, 2013, 11:04:05 pm »

Aaaaaaaaaaaaand I quit  :'(

I shouldn't have started this on bay12, especially not at the start of the new semester.

Dam.... I don't even know what catercorner means, let alone how a catercorner factory or dimension works.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #18049 on: August 29, 2013, 11:05:34 pm »

catacorner: slanted across a polygon on a diagonal line; "set off in a catty-corner direction across the vacant lot"

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18050 on: August 30, 2013, 12:28:31 am »

But how does that make sense? Make the factory diagonal in a game of legos? How do you make something diagonal to conventional minecraft? And a diagonal portal?

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #18051 on: August 30, 2013, 07:25:12 am »

But how does that make sense? Make the factory diagonal in a game of legos? How do you make something diagonal to conventional minecraft? And a diagonal portal?
Build diamonds instead of squares. This is all based on my headcanon regarding IC solar panels and why they're best when built in a pyramid catercorner to the rest of Minecraft.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18052 on: August 31, 2013, 10:28:54 am »

Hey guys, I run a server with a few friends. It doesn't have a whitelist but the name is generally private so I am not really expecting any randoms to join, BUT, I have been noticing a few Thefts and Blockbreaking around areas where it should be considered a No Touch, missing Tables from the Starting Inn which I built for everyone to spawn at and alot of things getting stolen/broken in our Mystcraft Transfer World...
Is there a way to catch this vandal at all or do I have to catch them in the act???
We run with CreeperHost by the way...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

0x517A5D

• Bay Watcher
  • Hex Editor‬‬
    • View Profile
« Reply #18053 on: August 31, 2013, 11:32:55 am »

Is there a way to catch this vandal at all or do I have to catch them in the act???
We run with CreeperHost by the way...

There's ways, kind of.  WorldGuard is a Bukkit plugin that will protect regions of your map from being changed.  Up-to-date for 1.6.2.  There's a bunch of sub-plugins too.

LogBlock and LogWorld are both up-to-date for 1.6.2.  Both are Bukkit plugins.  I haven't used either of them, can't comment on ease-of-use etc.

LogBlock looks a bit more suitable for monitoring, it looks like LogWorld would require some tweaking.  Both look a lot more intrusive than just monitoring for changes in specific chunks.

I expect there are equivalents for non-Bukkit servers.

I wish there was a mod that would just log changes to the savegame itself, using like a new per-chunk NBT tag or something similar.  Oh well.

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire
« Reply #18054 on: August 31, 2013, 02:16:33 pm »

You should be able to get to the server logs somehow. Just look at who has logged in and out.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #18055 on: September 06, 2013, 02:07:39 pm »

RIP

Rose

20.06.2009 - 05.09.2013
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18056 on: September 06, 2013, 02:13:24 pm »

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #18057 on: September 06, 2013, 02:30:21 pm »

But what will I place in the extractor to get red dye now? HOW CAN I MAKE MY PIPE WIRE?!

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #18058 on: September 06, 2013, 02:33:23 pm »

But what will I place in the extractor to get red dye now? HOW CAN I MAKE MY PIPE WIRE?!

like this

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #18059 on: September 06, 2013, 02:34:04 pm »

http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Flowers#Rose
NUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!

Well, they sorta live on as rose bushes, I guess.

"Move on, be brave
Don't weep at my grave
Because I am no longer here
But please never let
Your memory of me disappear"

Sorry, couldn't resist.
Pages: 1 ... 1202 1203 [1204] 1205 1206 ... 1380