Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1201 1202 [1203] 1204 1205 ... 1380

Author Topic: Minecraft - It has blocks.  (Read 2425674 times)

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft - It has blocks.
« Reply #18030 on: August 10, 2013, 06:24:06 pm »

I just had an idea for a multiplayer challenge/collaborative project.

The limitation is, you must be able to pass from any man-made construction to another without touching the ground, including any flooring laid on the ground level. So, in other words, the buildings in the whole projects must connect between each other via roofs, ladders or skybridges.
But how do I get blocks to build with???
Harvest trees by taking the treetops. All other resources do not matter.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #18031 on: August 10, 2013, 06:46:24 pm »

I just had an idea for a multiplayer challenge/collaborative project.

The limitation is, you must be able to pass from any man-made construction to another without touching the ground, including any flooring laid on the ground level. So, in other words, the buildings in the whole projects must connect between each other via roofs, ladders or skybridges.
But how do I get blocks to build with???
Harvest trees by taking the treetops. All other resources do not matter.
Technically by your rules I could build stairs down to the ground and mine all I wanted so long as I stood on manmade platforms and floors, no? So long as the platforms have space under them they're not 'ground'.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18032 on: August 11, 2013, 06:10:21 am »

I think scrdest, by "including any flooring laid on the ground level", meant that flooring counts as touching the ground, rather than walking on flooring being allowed.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #18033 on: August 11, 2013, 07:04:11 am »

I think scrdest, by "including any flooring laid on the ground level", meant that flooring counts as touching the ground, rather than walking on flooring being allowed.

Yes, I meant that non-natural blocks still count as ground, so you cannot just replace dirt with cobblestone and call it a day. You CAN walk on the ground and harvest resources.

The idea was to create something along the lines of ancient cities before someone came up with the idea for roads, where most of the commute between buildings was via roofs, except without any architectural limitations to speak of.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #18034 on: August 11, 2013, 10:45:28 am »

Reminds me of that tree spirit challenge that popped up some time ago on the MC forums, back when I still went there.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18035 on: August 11, 2013, 11:04:48 am »

So basically, Floor is Lava: Minecraft Ver.?

Used to love that when I was a kid.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #18036 on: August 11, 2013, 11:18:28 am »

Reminds me of that tree spirit challenge that popped up some time ago on the MC forums, back when I still went there.

So basically, Floor is Lava: Minecraft Ver.?

Used to love that when I was a kid.

Funny, I mentally labeled it as both while I was thinking about it, except I forgot the name of the former. Good thinking.

Both are somewhat accurate description, and since I've written the original idea at 2 am my phrasing thereof might have been a little off.

Actually, now that I think of that, the simplest way of achieving what I intended would be a simpler rule: no doorways on ground level. Every building you make can only be accessed through a roof trapdoor. And everyone's buildings must be clustered together so that travelling between them is possible without breaking the Floor is Lava (outdoors only) rule.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #18037 on: August 11, 2013, 01:02:19 pm »

Pretty sure someone made a filter for a map that turns the ground aside from, like, a 3x3 of dirt into lava.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #18038 on: August 12, 2013, 05:48:33 am »

Yeah, it sounds pretty fun.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #18039 on: August 12, 2013, 05:46:34 pm »

I still like the additional stipulation that all floor you stand on must be manmade too. :P

Jack_Bread

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% FRESH ♥HIPPO♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #18040 on: August 12, 2013, 05:54:10 pm »

Pretty sure someone made a filter for a map that turns the ground aside from, like, a 3x3 of dirt into lava.
Yeah, here's the video: http://youtu.be/PrczeSAlsM4

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18041 on: August 13, 2013, 12:53:57 pm »

Is anyone else unable to play online? I can only use Play Offline.

[Edit]Never mind.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2013, 12:57:07 pm by Elephant Parade »

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #18042 on: August 17, 2013, 12:30:29 am »

So after several monthsof not caring, Joe plays again and learns about the joy of zombies summoning zombies.  on hardcore. I suppose the Great Lighthouse wasnt meant to be. . .
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

dragonshardz

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:PONY:ACCEPTABLE]
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #18043 on: August 21, 2013, 05:10:52 am »

I'm currently working on making this:

(In FTB Unleashed, not vanilla.)

Matz05

• Bay Watcher