Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1200 1201 [1202] 1203 1204 ... 1380

Author Topic: Minecraft - It has blocks.  (Read 2425656 times)

0x517A5D

• Bay Watcher
  • Hex Editor‬‬
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft - It has blocks.
« Reply #18015 on: August 05, 2013, 11:11:54 am »

Why do you need transparent pixels to add hoods?

Because... because transparent, man.

It's like, like... Alpha and stuff, y'know?

If you... imagine this, right, you got a photograph and you cut it in half, okay?  You get two smaller photos, left and right.

But if you do that to a hologram, right, you get two smaller holograms but they each show the entire original picture.

But with a pixel, man, you can't even cut it in half.  Because it's the smallest, see.  The smallest.

Gotta be something is the smallest.

But if you use Alpha, right, you can, you can fade out that pixel, which makes it smaller, kinda.  Fainter, anyway.  And you can see right through it.

Isn't that wild?  Like a hologram, man.

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #18016 on: August 05, 2013, 12:21:15 pm »

What are you on, who is your dealer and how much does he charge?
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #18017 on: August 05, 2013, 12:43:50 pm »

I think he's on that new wunderdrug. Pretty expensive. I've heard it's called "One of Everything" or something like that.

Gruntdonttoot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18018 on: August 05, 2013, 08:00:29 pm »

Could anyone recommend a good Factions server? Me and my cousin are looking into joining one but there's too much crap out there, that is why I turn to you.

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire
« Reply #18019 on: August 06, 2013, 02:03:45 am »

Could anyone recommend a good Factions server? Me and my cousin are looking into joining one but there's too much crap out there, that is why I turn to you.

Civcraft is cool. Most discussion and stuff related to it is on the subreddit for it.

Basically the goal is to have groups and cities based on real life politics, and the server has a few plugins to enable that in the context of Minecraft. Currently there's some nonsense going on with "Zombie_Lenin" trying to take over a large portion of the server, and I've heard he actually roleplays a communist leader quite well.

It's not exactly a "Factions" server, but the combination of a few mods like Citadel and Prison Pearl create something better, in my opinion.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #18020 on: August 06, 2013, 04:48:07 am »

By the name, I'm guessing it's based on Sid Meier's Civilization somewhat?

that's badass

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire
« Reply #18021 on: August 06, 2013, 06:56:44 am »

By the name, I'm guessing it's based on Sid Meier's Civilization somewhat?

that's badass

Not really, no, though that would be interesting. And I don't think Minecraft would make for a very good platform for that...

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #18022 on: August 06, 2013, 07:09:14 am »

What are you talking about? You have a couple of people who are commanders and a lobby of people. As the commanders build troops people from the lobby gets summoned in and equipped depending on what they represent, archers with bows, cavalry with horse and so on. Each square is a battle arena sort of area and when fights take place the troops go at it and whoever has troops left over wins. Natural regen is turned off and the only time health regens is when turns roll over. Upgrades on units that level up is represented by enchanting their gear. When a unit dies it goes back to the lobby. Of course a lot of things would need to be simplified but it could work.

Edit:
   Cities are represented by having a villager town spawned in and town size is by the number of villagers. As the town gets more food more doors gets added so it will grow to the correct size.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2013, 07:12:35 am by Akhier the Dragon hearted »
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

Gruntdonttoot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18023 on: August 06, 2013, 12:06:06 pm »

Civcraft is cool. /snip
Cool, I'll check it out, thanks!

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #18024 on: August 08, 2013, 02:28:19 pm »

Sticky pistons and redstone.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #18025 on: August 08, 2013, 02:33:05 pm »

How is it you make those doors out of pistons that... I guess retract into a wall, then are pulled to the side? The ones that make it hard to find an entrance into a base or something?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=dwIgAjN0V9A

Like that?

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18026 on: August 10, 2013, 01:57:03 pm »

So, I'm currently reading through this topic. I found a thing linking to a thing about a plan to establish a Bay12 community on a server. The topic was dead, but it sounded like a neat idea, so I made a new one:
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=129734.0
In retrospect, I probably should've checked for interest before making a topic. Oh well.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18027 on: August 10, 2013, 05:26:10 pm »

How is it you make those doors out of pistons that... I guess retract into a wall, then are pulled to the side? The ones that make it hard to find an entrance into a base or something?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=dwIgAjN0V9A

Like that?

My most fav Piston gate wasn't one that used the stupid Fenceposts + Sand/Gravel to push them up.
It was a gate which was actually build by the Pistons themselves, well there was a single set of Fenceposts for the middle but the combination of Pistions being extended made a really cool looking Gate...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #18028 on: August 10, 2013, 06:06:30 pm »

I just had an idea for a multiplayer challenge/collaborative project.

The limitation is, you must be able to pass from any man-made construction to another without touching the ground, including any flooring laid on the ground level. So, in other words, the buildings in the whole projects must connect between each other via roofs, ladders or skybridges.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18029 on: August 10, 2013, 06:21:27 pm »

I just had an idea for a multiplayer challenge/collaborative project.

The limitation is, you must be able to pass from any man-made construction to another without touching the ground, including any flooring laid on the ground level. So, in other words, the buildings in the whole projects must connect between each other via roofs, ladders or skybridges.
But how do I get blocks to build with???
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...
Pages: 1 ... 1200 1201 [1202] 1203 1204 ... 1380