Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1079 1080 [1081] 1082 1083 ... 1380

Author Topic: Minecraft - It has blocks.  (Read 2426587 times)

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft - It has blocks.
« Reply #16200 on: March 26, 2012, 12:06:44 pm »

New Minecraft update also added three new types of wood. This is nice.

« Last Edit: March 26, 2012, 12:09:41 pm by Johnfalcon99977 »
Also known as the Knowlagable, the Forgetful, and/or the Ignored

Please excuse my horrible awful linguistic skills.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #16201 on: March 26, 2012, 12:37:04 pm »

The Carp!?! Now I need spend hours redesigning all my constructions!  :P

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #16202 on: March 26, 2012, 12:47:55 pm »

Nah, all existing planks will be the same color. Only new planks made from the wood will be the alternate textures.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #16203 on: March 26, 2012, 12:50:22 pm »

Nah, all existing planks will be the same color. Only new planks made from the wood will be the alternate textures.

In any case I STILL have to redesign them.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #16204 on: March 26, 2012, 01:15:26 pm »

Waiting patiently to remake my mod pack. Why do they have to go and release a new version a few days after all the major mods update to 1.2.3?!

New version should include Railcraft, Steve's Carts and a few others. Really the major thing I'm waiting on is Thaumcraft 2's release.

I'm thinking of leaving Equivalent Exchange out of my next pack. Even though they have worked hard at balancing the mod, it just seems unbalanced compared to others. There is no such thing as resource scarcity with EE after a few hours of work. In my server I have condensers set up to make every basic resource like wood, iron, gold, etc with Mk3 collectors powering them and for example the wood chest fills within hours, the iron chest will be full if I leave the thing running all day and come back. Once you have found a single ore of each type you can set up Mk1 collectors and condensers for each one and sleep with Somnia until you have TEH UNLIMITED RESOURCES.

I hate to do it thought because the transmutation system is very handy and interesting. I like being able to swap a few bars of iron for tin if I run into a snag, or run up some gold into a diamond. Maybe there's a way to just disable the collectors entirely and use only relays and condensers?

Warmist

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of unfinished jobs
    • View Profile
« Reply #16205 on: March 26, 2012, 01:24:51 pm »

Waiting patiently to remake my mod pack. Why do they have to go and release a new version a few days after all the major mods update to 1.2.3?!

New version should include Railcraft, Steve's Carts and a few others. Really the major thing I'm waiting on is Thaumcraft 2's release.

I'm thinking of leaving Equivalent Exchange out of my next pack. Even though they have worked hard at balancing the mod, it just seems unbalanced compared to others. There is no such thing as resource scarcity with EE after a few hours of work. In my server I have condensers set up to make every basic resource like wood, iron, gold, etc with Mk3 collectors powering them and for example the wood chest fills within hours, the iron chest will be full if I leave the thing running all day and come back. Once you have found a single ore of each type you can set up Mk1 collectors and condensers for each one and sleep with Somnia until you have TEH UNLIMITED RESOURCES.

I hate to do it thought because the transmutation system is very handy and interesting. I like being able to swap a few bars of iron for tin if I run into a snag, or run up some gold into a diamond. Maybe there's a way to just disable the collectors entirely and use only relays and condensers?

My thoughts exactly. You can disable it for servers, for single player dunno prob there is something...

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #16206 on: March 26, 2012, 01:38:50 pm »

I think the mod would be fine without the energy collectors. I do like the versatility of it. Gonna look into disabling the collectors and keeping it in.

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
  • It wont bite....unless you are the sun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16207 on: March 26, 2012, 01:46:04 pm »

There is a very simple way to disable them. Just dont use em.

Unless you are talking about a server of course. Cant control other people.

Tick, tick, tick the time goes by,
tick, tick, tick the clock blows up.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #16208 on: March 26, 2012, 01:53:02 pm »

I am indeed talking about a server, yes. I realize that I could simply refrain from using them. I'm looking for a way to simply disable them for my mod pack, or alter the rate at which they accumulate EMC (to about 1/10 of their current rate or so). As it stands, a MK1 collector can power a redmatter furnace at full speed with no need to ever use charcoal/coal again, and the higher tiers effectively remove any scarcity of any kind.

Even on a server where Somnia is unavailable, I left a Klein Star Omega in an array overnight to charge and was able to build a house made of diamond blocks using the mercurial eye. A rather large house. This was with no effort at all on my part... seems to break the whole effort/reward ratio a bit as they're not terribly hard to make after one array is up, and that can be done in 1-2 hours.

DrPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • In Russia Putin strikes meteor
    • View Profile
« Reply #16209 on: March 26, 2012, 03:24:16 pm »

Hi guys, i am going to make a modpack with the emphasis on making the player feel like an adventuring scientist, it should add sciency stuff and ways to catalogue and exhibith your research data, and it should also be full of fun stuff that could go wrong and weird things to discover. Anyone got any ideas for such mod?
Would the owner of an ounce of dignity please contact the mall security?

Briggsy16

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16210 on: March 26, 2012, 06:10:48 pm »

Chemistry mod?

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #16211 on: March 26, 2012, 06:34:02 pm »

Hi guys, i am going to make a modpack with the emphasis on making the player feel like an adventuring scientist, it should add sciency stuff and ways to catalogue and exhibith your research data, and it should also be full of fun stuff that could go wrong and weird things to discover. Anyone got any ideas for such mod?
I was going to do something similar but for an adventuring thaumiturgist exploring a demiplane.

Perhaps I will include both!

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #16212 on: March 26, 2012, 08:54:18 pm »

Just an FYI to anyone interested, I've taken the first steps towards building a new version of my modpack. I have most of the mods I want to use included in my test build right now and am putting it through it's paces. It takes some time but I like to make sure there are no problems before I share.

Briggsy16

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16213 on: March 27, 2012, 05:20:41 am »

What's in it forsaken? I'll probably use when it's released.

How about trying to get the id resolver working? I couldn't get it working because you need to use some mod that opens up all 4000 block ids or something.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #16214 on: March 27, 2012, 05:42:52 am »

What's in it forsaken? I'll probably use when it's released.

How about trying to get the id resolver working? I couldn't get it working because you need to use some mod that opens up all 4000 block ids or something.
I don't use ID resolver any more, I just write each block ID down in a spreadsheet and allocate them as needed.

As for what's in it, so far I have:

Computercraft, Rei's Minimap, Somnia, Buildcraft 3.1.4, Equivalent Exchange 2, Forestry 1.4.0.4, Industrial Craft 2 1.81, Railcraft 4.1.4, Redpower 2.0pr4e, Steve's Carts 1.1.3 and Thaumcraft 2. I will be adding more in as testing continues.
Pages: 1 ... 1079 1080 [1081] 1082 1083 ... 1380