Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1043 1044 [1045] 1046 1047 ... 1380

Author Topic: Minecraft - It has blocks.  (Read 2419709 times)

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire
Re: Minecraft - It has blocks.
« Reply #15660 on: February 18, 2012, 05:52:22 am »

Use the recipe-thing built into NEI. Mouse over item, R to see how it's made, U to see how it's used in recipes (you can use R and U within those screens as well). If you're on a basic crafting table, you can click the question-mark to get a "guide" on the table.

And most of the cross-mod integration is thanks to Forge (mostly through Eloraam of RP2).

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15661 on: February 18, 2012, 07:05:48 am »

thaumcraft tools are repaired by EE Talisman of repair when inside an alchemist's bag.  :o

I remember back when EE was relatively new, you could charge your Industral Craft tools in the alchemical chest as well.
*Hugs*

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #15662 on: February 18, 2012, 08:59:33 am »

I'm back to manually integrating mods as the technick pack has too much stuff. There was an old thread talking about an equivalence between the minefactory steel and the industrial craft refined iron, but I can't find how to enable it. Is still possible?

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15663 on: February 18, 2012, 09:01:24 am »

It happens by default, just make steel and use it like refined iron or vice versa, the Forge Ore Dictionary handles it.

And I like the amount of mods in the Technic pack, although I was already familiar with IC and EqEx when I got it, so it wasn't as overwhelming.
*Hugs*

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #15664 on: February 18, 2012, 11:02:17 am »

I just spent an incredibly long time relocating a circle of obelisks using a pair of apportation wands. I now have an indoor altar and obelisk setup for talisman crafting. The only thing that saved my sanity was the discovery that thaumcraft tools are repaired by EE Talisman of repair when inside an alchemist's bag.  :o
I've been using a Silk Touch pickaxe(Good god that took forever to get) to move the things. I'm up to a circle of 6 around my altar, though it's extremely easy to mix up the middle two blocks and blow it all to pieces...
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #15665 on: February 18, 2012, 02:08:44 pm »

I just spent an incredibly long time relocating a circle of obelisks using a pair of apportation wands. I now have an indoor altar and obelisk setup for talisman crafting. The only thing that saved my sanity was the discovery that thaumcraft tools are repaired by EE Talisman of repair when inside an alchemist's bag.  :o
I've been using a Silk Touch pickaxe(Good god that took forever to get) to move the things. I'm up to a circle of 6 around my altar, though it's extremely easy to mix up the middle two blocks and blow it all to pieces...
I found an intact obelisk so I've placed that off to the side and surrounded it with condensers hooked up with pipes so they spit crystals at me every once in a while. I didn't want to put them in my circle because it would spoil the look.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15666 on: February 18, 2012, 03:46:01 pm »

automatized tree and farms with minefactory!

I can't get out enough power from th engines, the minefactory stuff doesn't turn off when unused so the load is too much and pipes get power only so far.

guess it's time to build that nuclear reactor. or an oil well.

Niveras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15667 on: February 18, 2012, 04:05:42 pm »

Only problem with the technic pack is that there is no guidance. There is too much awesome stuff and you won't get anywhere without using cheats or reading in depth guides.
Or looking at the content mod list on their web page which links to the mods used.

That's what I mean. If I want to get started on something, I have to look up X recipe. It was fine when you had one mod. But you have tons of mods in the technic pack. Reading and following just one guide at a time doesn't seem like the proper way to play it. It starts to turn into the same thing as downloading the mods one at a time to try them. I guess I'm saying I think the mods should be integrated into each other if they are that numerous. EE and IC do this nicely.

I tend to jump around between the mods as I learn them. I'll usually start with getting IC machines going (since I'm most familiar with them) for mundane equipment, then BC pipes/machines to improve automation, then getting EE stuff started to make use of all the junk blocks I've collected.

That's as far as I've gotten in my last world. My interest kind of just petered out, since my home base wasn't really working out like I wanted. Still need to look at redpower piping and wiring systems (for EE automation). Never got around to finishing the EE trinkets or making Quantum armor to go exploring, but then my last world only had dungeons enabled since Millenaire and ToK were more than I was interested in getting into and would lag too much.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #15668 on: February 18, 2012, 04:21:54 pm »

I like the way, with Technic, Tungten ore from redworld/power (which does nothing at all) is worth twice as much as a diamond when put through EE

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #15669 on: February 18, 2012, 05:13:40 pm »

Heh, with a single obelisk surrounded by 8 condensers I have more than enough Vis crystals for anything I may need. And if I need a specific type I can now use the thaumic duplicator to make two from one. Costs a bit of Vis but gives me flavored crystals! (once I find at least one that is)

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15670 on: February 18, 2012, 05:23:02 pm »

how does the splitter cable work? I can't place powered red powder in a way that it likes

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #15671 on: February 18, 2012, 05:24:39 pm »

how does the splitter cable work? I can't place powered red powder in a way that it likes
It isn't easy to get it connected. You need a surface directly adjacent to it with redstone powder in a line towards it. Hold on I'll get a picture...

Edit: Here...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 18, 2012, 05:29:52 pm by forsaken1111 »

Briggsy16

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15672 on: February 18, 2012, 05:37:33 pm »

What texture pack? I must have!

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #15673 on: February 18, 2012, 05:39:21 pm »

What texture pack? I must have!
Its the Sphax pack someone linked earlier with the addons for various mods.

http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/376784-16x-32x-64x-128x-256x-512xmc12-sphax-purebdcraft-050211/

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15674 on: February 18, 2012, 06:04:11 pm »

Wait....Is that texture pack for the technic pack?!
Pages: 1 ... 1043 1044 [1045] 1046 1047 ... 1380