Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1044 1045 [1046] 1047 1048 ... 1380

Author Topic: Minecraft - It has blocks.  (Read 2419621 times)

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft - It has blocks.
« Reply #15675 on: February 18, 2012, 06:15:43 pm »

The Sphax pack has addons for most of the Technic mods, yes.
*Hugs*

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #15676 on: February 18, 2012, 07:34:19 pm »

how does the splitter cable work? I can't place powered red powder in a way that it likes
It isn't easy to get it connected. You need a surface directly adjacent to it with redstone powder in a line towards it. Hold on I'll get a picture...

thank you!

damn, I just lost a mfe because I wrenched it with the wrong key  :'(
there goes 4 diamonds and a lot of redstone  ::)

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #15677 on: February 18, 2012, 07:40:38 pm »

Yeah be careful. Once you make the electric wrench you can remove machines in 'lossless' mode which takes more energy but ensures you will never break it.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #15678 on: February 18, 2012, 07:45:31 pm »

Yeah be careful. Once you make the electric wrench you can remove machines in 'lossless' mode which takes more energy but ensures you will never break it.

looked at the wiki, seemed to much inconvenient. got the 100% wrench rate mod instead  :P

now I've another cubic ton of stone to dig before getting again that much redstone. I'll probably start the EE tutorial to start getting it from a renewable source or I'll dig the world out before getting anything done.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #15679 on: February 18, 2012, 07:53:20 pm »

The nice thing about the electric wrench is that it never breaks, just needs recharging. And if you wear a battpack or lappack then it lasts pretty much forever

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15680 on: February 18, 2012, 08:11:26 pm »

looked at the wiki, seemed to much inconvenient. got the 100% wrench rate mod instead  :P

now I've another cubic ton of stone to dig before getting again that much redstone. I'll probably start the EE tutorial to start getting it from a renewable source or I'll dig the world out before getting anything done.

Or build an energy collector and get infinite redstone.

The nice thing about the electric wrench is that it never breaks, just needs recharging. And if you wear a battpack or lappack then it lasts pretty much forever

Or put it or a normal wrench into an alchemy bag with a repair talisman and have it never break that way.

EE is awesome  :D

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #15681 on: February 18, 2012, 08:14:06 pm »

Yes that works too. :P

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15682 on: February 18, 2012, 08:40:20 pm »

The only bad thing about EE and the like are you get to the stage where you misplace a stack of diamonds and think "Hrm. This is a minor inconvenience :/"

Seriously, I accidentally put 7 diamond blocks in the chest I feed into my recycler, and that was my reaction.
When you're turning snow and eggs into diamonds, they lose value somewhat.
*Hugs*

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #15683 on: February 18, 2012, 10:03:51 pm »

The only bad thing about EE and the like are you get to the stage where you misplace a stack of diamonds and think "Hrm. This is a minor inconvenience :/"

Seriously, I accidentally put 7 diamond blocks in the chest I feed into my recycler, and that was my reaction.
When you're turning snow and eggs into diamonds, they lose value somewhat.

"Dang it, just fell into magma with a full set of diamond armor and a klein star zwei. That kind of sucks. Oh well, I'll have all that back in 10 minutes anyway."

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #15684 on: February 18, 2012, 10:18:48 pm »

You really feel the pain when your red matter katar falls in that magma. ; ;

/gonnagocrynow

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #15685 on: February 19, 2012, 02:10:39 am »

Yeah, but whenever you die with EE end game equipment then its entirely your fault.

Are you mining? Why would you bother when you can get a diamond in a few seconds (which does make everything past diamond level tools pretty useless annoyingly)?
Did you hit lava? Why didn't you have the lava-immunity item equped?
Did you die from falling damage? Why don't you have the falling immune/flying item equipped?
Did a mob kill you? That's pretty unexcusable when you can fly, kill stuff with 1 projectile, shoot hundreds of homing arrows, slow down time ect.
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15686 on: February 19, 2012, 03:13:42 am »

Yeah, but whenever you die with EE end game equipment then its entirely your fault.

Are you mining? Why would you bother when you can get a diamond in a few seconds (which does make everything past diamond level tools pretty useless annoyingly)?
Did you hit lava? Why didn't you have the lava-immunity item equped?
Did you die from falling damage? Why don't you have the falling immune/flying item equipped?
Did a mob kill you? That's pretty unexcusable when you can fly, kill stuff with 1 projectile, shoot hundreds of homing arrows, slow down time ect.

It was really extreme in earlier versions with Dark matter armor. "O god! I just fell 1000 blocks into a lake of lava, am poisoned, and 1000 creepers are running into me!....O wait I am immortal"

Does the highest tier in EE armor now also make you immortal if you have the full set?

Briggsy16

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15687 on: February 19, 2012, 06:35:18 am »

goddamit!
I hate the technic pack, I can play for 5 mins, then get V. bad lag, then the 'out of memory' problem.

There's a fix for that on the Technic forums.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15688 on: February 19, 2012, 06:38:39 am »

Does the highest tier in EE armor now also make you immortal if you have the full set?

Mostly, I think it blocks 90% of incoming damage.
But it also makes you lava immune, fireproof, able to breathe underwater, able to fly, able to call down lightning strikes at your cursor, able to cause an explosion around you in a radius that would make a creeper rage with envy, able to send mobs flying away from you by crouching and able to powerslam into the ground and send mobs far enough to die from fall damage.

And all the features are absolutely free.
*Hugs*

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15689 on: February 19, 2012, 06:40:57 am »

Mostly, I think it blocks 90% of incoming damage.
But it also makes you lava immune, fireproof, able to breathe underwater, able to fly, able to call down lightning strikes at your cursor, able to cause an explosion around you in a radius that would make a creeper rage with envy, able to send mobs flying away from you by crouching and able to powerslam into the ground and send mobs far enough to die from fall damage.

And all the features are absolutely free.

I am pretty sure that your mixing in abilities from other EE items and even an item from thaumcraft with the armor....
Pages: 1 ... 1044 1045 [1046] 1047 1048 ... 1380