Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1001 1002 [1003] 1004 1005 ... 1380

Author Topic: Minecraft - It has blocks.  (Read 2422165 times)

drailgre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft - It has blocks.
« Reply #15030 on: December 28, 2011, 12:23:57 am »

Anybody have minecraft servers i may join?

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #15031 on: December 28, 2011, 12:26:28 am »

Theres three in this section of the forums, pick one. Kael's for 24/7, mine for less restriction than kael's and bukkit, or Jaycraft for modloadermp.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15032 on: December 28, 2011, 12:33:55 am »

Theres three in this section of the forums, pick one. Kael's for 24/7, mine for less restriction than kael's and bukkit, or Jaycraft for modloadermp.
Or try writing a referral application to Nations at War...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Fiskav

« Reply #15033 on: December 28, 2011, 01:28:50 am »

« Last Edit: December 08, 2015, 01:41:19 am by Fiskav »

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15034 on: December 28, 2011, 11:16:19 am »

Help me guys, I accidentally suggested something that might not be possible...

Using Minecraft Noteblocks. Produce an evil laugh sound...
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #15035 on: December 28, 2011, 11:19:06 am »

Don't think they go low enough, and definetly the wrong tone.

Though with audiomod you could make a block which played an evil laugh .wav when powered.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15036 on: December 28, 2011, 12:03:21 pm »

Don't think they go low enough, and definetly the wrong tone.

Though with audiomod you could make a block which played an evil laugh .wav when powered.
Well its for the N@W, and the character that would be making that laugh is female...

Niveras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15037 on: December 29, 2011, 07:28:33 pm »

Upgraded my tree farm to make use of conductive pipes rather than dotting redstone engines everywhere. Cuts trees much faster now; problem is, it consumes power like nothing. And unlike IC, the machines always consume power, even if they have nothing to do, which makes it hard to find a balance of output versus consumption, and I'm not even sure that power will transmit through the energy link unless there's enough for the system to run (at least, it didn't look like there was any power in the pipes when I left a small solar flower powering it, versus hooking it up to a batbox and letting it suck all the juice out).

Collecting and refining oil to run a combustion engine sounds like a pain, especially since I've found one oil well at present. Maybe I'll just resort to a steam engine being fed some coal occasionally. The technic wiki mentions that steam engines may explode if left unattended; is there any way to run one indefinitely without checking on it? If fed water, are combustion engines incapable of overheating?

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #15038 on: December 29, 2011, 07:33:23 pm »

Measure how much current the system is drawing so you can expand your solar power base to that size and put a battbox buffer between it and the energy link.

Steam engines shouldn't explode (in my experience) unless left on without any work to do or unless you line a whole bunch up in series. I've never had a combustion engine explode when it had water to cool it.

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
  • Death. To all. Except my dwarves.
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #15039 on: December 30, 2011, 09:11:58 am »

forsaken: your mod pack simply rules.
at the present i'm building what is going to be a marble only modern working house which goes on "clean" energy, i haven't even touched a drill.
only thing is that since it's buildcraft+industrial craft, copper and tin ores in truth come in two varieties and they do not stack, even as lingots. they do however work for the same products.
ps: what is silver blocks actually used for? or silver bars.
pps: found first uranium pellet.
nuclear reactor incoming.
“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
“Do something!” she whispered, trying to keep her sight on all of them at once.
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #15040 on: December 30, 2011, 09:22:04 am »

forsaken: your mod pack simply rules.
at the present i'm building what is going to be a marble only modern working house which goes on "clean" energy, i haven't even touched a drill.
only thing is that since it's buildcraft+industrial craft, copper and tin ores in truth come in two varieties and they do not stack, even as lingots. they do however work for the same products.
ps: what is silver blocks actually used for? or silver bars.
pps: found first uranium pellet.
nuclear reactor incoming.
Thanks!

Silver is used in making glass fibre cables now. As far as I know that's the only use for now but I'm sure he has more planned.

FYI I'm working on an update to the pack which adds Forestry mod, Minefactory, and uses Not Enough Items instead of TMI. NEI has, in my opinion, a better interface and feature set. It will show you the recipe and uses for an item without a crafting book for example!

I'm testing it now. If it all works out I will post it later today.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #15041 on: December 30, 2011, 09:33:07 am »

NEI sounds pretty useful.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #15042 on: December 30, 2011, 09:40:47 am »

NEI sounds pretty useful.
It really is.

I guess there was some kind of scuffle on the minecraft forums though about NEI being 'too similar' to TMI and the author's post was deleted or hidden or something. I don't care, I like NEI more than TMI. Here is a link to the author's site where he set up a duplicate of his forum post for now until he gets a better solution.

http://www.chickenbones.craftsaddle.org/ChickenBonesMods.html

I like that he's provided mod makers with an API to hook their mods in to provide subsets and easier sorting as well as display custom recipes.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #15043 on: December 30, 2011, 11:20:50 am »

Hmm.
I was planning on making another mod pack, using the best parts of redpower, ic and bc.
Looks like you already got that :P
NEI looks nice as well.
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #15044 on: December 30, 2011, 11:29:33 am »

Hmm.
I was planning on making another mod pack, using the best parts of redpower, ic and bc.
Looks like you already got that :P
NEI looks nice as well.
Doing final testing now and I'll link it in a few minutes.
Pages: 1 ... 1001 1002 [1003] 1004 1005 ... 1380